Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Ghost Of You

Chapter One: How the Day Will End

by cabbagepatchbum 0 reviews

Lilly Matthews was abused by her brother, and Gerard Way found her when MCR's bus broke down. What will happen between the two?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Other - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-07-25 - Updated: 2006-07-25 - 1385 words

0Unrated
Gerard Way sat with his band mates on their tour bus. They were driving through a rural area in Louisiana. They had been on tour for four months, and he was getting tired of looking at the same bus. Not only looking at the bus, but at his band mates. Sure, he loved them like brothers, but there is only so much togetherness five people can have.

Gerard looked out the window as the bus stopped. Their bus driver came into the back.

"Umm...guys? The bus just broke down and the nearest town is twenty miles away," said Shane, their bus driver.

Gerard sighed and looked out the window. There was this nice looking house that they broke down in front of. This was his chance to get off the bus and meet someone different. He would be out of the confines of the aluminum walls.

"Why don't we knock on the door there? I'll go and ask for help," he offered.

"Are you sure?" Mikey asked. "They could be crazy fans, or even hate us for our looks. I mean this is serious redneck territory."

Gerard nodded, "That's a chance I'm willing to take." With that he got off the bus and made his way toward the white picket fence.

****

Lilly Matthews was lying on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She heard her favorite song, "The Ghost of You," by My Chemical Romance come on the radio and smiled. She thought it was so beautiful. Plus, My Chemical Romance was her favorite band. She had so much in common with the lead singer and her crush in the band, Gerard Way. She used to do drugs, cut herself, and drink. Now she stopped everything except the cutting.

Her brother beat her and she wanted to control some sort of pain that was inflicted on her, so she cut. Her mom didn't stop her brother hitting her because she was in denial that her "perfect" son could do any wrong. How wrong was she?

At the top of my lungs in my arms. She dies.

The door bell rang. NO! This is my favorite part of the song, and I don't wanna get up. she thought The door bell rang again. Shit, she thought getting up. She flung open her bedroom door and walked down the hall.

"COMING!" she yelled at toward the front of the house. She tripped over the vacuum cleaner cord. "SHIT!" she yelled opening the front door. She stood there in shock as she saw the guy she was just thinking about on her front porch.

****

Gerard looked over the girl that opened the door, and his jaw fell open. She was wearing tight black jeans and a My Chemical Romance tee shirt. Her lip was pierced and she wore a dog collar that had a tag that said "If Found Return to Hell" on it.

"Umm...hi. I'm Gerard. Our bus broke down and I was wondering if you could help us," he said regaining his voice.
"Uh..." Lilly said not able to speak. Gerard Way --THE Gerard Way was asking her for help and she was making a complete idiot of herself. "Come in?" she said, not sure what to do.

He smiled at her. Oh my God! Gerard Way just smiled at me! she thought trying to remain calm.

He followed her into the house. What a nice house. he thought.

"So, uh, did you say your bus broke down?" Lilly asked ushering Gerard into the living room where they sat down.

Gerard nodded. This girl is freaking out. I can tell. Should I just leave? he thought.

"Uhh...look, I can tell you're a fan," he said glancing at her shirt, "and I'm sure your freaking out, so if you wanna squeal like normal fans, it'll be fine."

He winced in anticipation of a squeal, but it never came. She just looked at her lap, blushing. She looked up when he didn't say anything. He smiled at her. Lilly's stomach flipped.

"Um...I can call a wrecker service if you want," she said, then thunder crashed. "I don't think they'll come out in the rain, though. You are more than welcomed to stay here while it rains."

Gerard smiled at her generosity. He noticed that she kept rubbing her arms. I wonder why? he thought. "Thanks, do you mind if I go get the other guys?" he asked.

She shook her head, "Sure, go get them. Help yourself to anything you need. I'll be in my room, down the hall if you need me."

With that, she got up and went into her room. Gerard went out and got the guys and told them about the girl as they walked back to the house in the drizzling rain. They walked into the house, and Gerard went down the hall as Lilly had directed him. He knocked on her door that was painted gray.

"Come in," said the girl.

"Hey," Gerard said quietly, looking at the girl sprawled out on her bed looking up at her black ceiling. "Look, I was thinking, you know my name, but I don't know yours."

"I'm Lilly."

"Lilly, the other guys are in the living room, do you want to meet them?" he asked sitting down on her bed.

Lilly sat up and looked at him. He was so much cuter in person than in the magazines. Wow, this is the most exciting day I've had in a while, she thought.

She's kind of cute. Wow -- not kind of...REALLY cute! Gerard thought and noticed she was staring at him.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Gerard asked.

Lilly shook her head and rubbed her arms again. She looked away to the floor. *Lilly, you are going to scare him away, and he won't be your friend," Lilly chastised herself.

"LILLY MARIE!" Lilly heard her brother's voice echo through the house.

Gerard saw her turn pale with terror. She tore out of her bedroom and left him there.

Lilly didn't want to show the guys from MCR that one of their fans was beaten by their own brother. She ran into the hall and Josh was standing in front of her.

"What are these freaks doing here?" he asked menacingly.

"Their bus broke down, Josh. I invited them out of the rain."

"They are just like you! You should have known better," he said sternly. He slapped her across the face and Gerard walked out just when he did it.

"Hey!" Gerard yelled at Josh.

"I know who you are! You are that guy she has a crush on!" Josh said pointing to Lilly. "Get out of our house!"

Gerard ran over and helped Lilly up. He looked at Josh who was almost twice his size.

"Lilly?" Gerard tried to get her from passing out.

"Hmm?" she said in response.

"How would you like to get up and come with me and the guys right now?" he asked her.

"I can't. Josh won't let me. Mom might, but Josh won't," Lilly said.

"Damn straight," Josh said with a smirk.

"Lilly, honey, Josh can't tell you what to do. Only your mom can," Gerard said.

Lilly nodded, "Okay. Call my momma and ask her, k?" She told him the number and her mothers name. He told her to go pack while he talked to her mom.

She went into her room and got all her clothes into a large suitcase. She looked around and got all her CDs and her CD player. She unhooked her laptop computer and put it in its case. She grabbed her backpack with her school things too.

Gerard reappeared with a smile on his face, "You can come, and the guys have agreed too."

Lilly smiled and picked up her stuff. Gerard helped her get everything.

Josh appeared out of his room, "Lilly, please stay."

Lilly just kept following Gerard. She didn't want to listen to his pleas. Gerard got the other guys to get everything else from Lilly so all she was left with was her hoodie and purse.

They got to the bus and Shane looked at him inquiringly. Gerard just shook his head as if to say "Not now."

They all clamored onto the bus and helped Lilly get settled.
Sign up to rate and review this story