Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Drowning Lessons

These Eyes Behind You Hide

by IndiaGirl 1 review

"She's at home, right now, Gerard. She'll be here in the morning, can you talk to her then?" "No! Now!"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-12-18 - Updated: 2012-12-18 - 2952 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard was awoken in the middle of the night and escorted back to his room, thrown back in as usual. He pushed himself off the ground and stood up, rubbing at his knees. The workers here, had a lot to be desired. Frank jumped, hearing a bang on the floor. He gazed over the side of the bunk bed, seeing Gerard. Gerard sniffed, gazing away from Frank. He rubbed his bandaged hand and trudged over to the desk, sitting down and resting his head on it.
"I have no idea if you're in the mood to talk, but I need to tell you a couple of things that are important. Do you want me to tell you in the morning?" Frank asked, softly.
"Tell me now, if you needed to you wouldn't have a choice."
"Would you rather hear the good thing first, or the bad thing?"
"The good thing."
"Okay, in my eyes it's good." Frank paused, gulping and blushing, " I have a crush on you,"
"Oh," Gerard nodded, softly. "Okay."
"Please don't be angry at me, for this next thing, Reynolds told me." Frank sighed, "I know you killed you're last two roommates." He hid under the covers, preparing for whatever Gerard might do to him.
"I haven't killed anyone," Gerard replied, confused. "Why would she tell you that?"
"She said, not to get close to you, because you drowned the last two boys who shared a room with you and you buried them in the courtyard, apparently."
"But I didn't," Gerard persisted, bemused and bewildered. He had tears in his eyes. "I didn't do that.. I'm a good person!" He started to cry, rubbing his eyes.
"I believe you, honest I do." Frank got out of the covers, sitting on Gerard's bed.
"I didn't do it, I didn't do it," Gerard cried, holding his head. "You have to believe me, you have to!"
"I do believe you, Gerard. I swear I do." Frank smiled softly, sighing. Gerard nodded, sniffling.
"That's why they won't let me see my brother, that's why I'm here, because I'm being blamed for something I didn't do.."
"I know, and you don't know how sorry I am." Frank sighed, gazing at him.
"I'm going to ask her," Gerard pressed. "I need to ask her,"
"Let me come with you. Please?" Frank asked, softly. Gerard nodded, taking Frank by the wrist and dragging him out of the door, his hand slipping down to Frank's fingers. Frank laced his fingers with Gerard's, smiling softly.

Gerard dragged Frank to Reynolds office, banging on the door, shouting. There was no answer, but he continued to shout.
"It's 2am, I don't think she'll be there." Frank spoke softly, looking up at him.
"She has to be. She promised me!" Gerard smacked on the door with his hands until his non-bandaged one was beginning to bruise. An attendant turned around the corner.
"Gerard? Frank? What are you doing out here?" Frank pulled Gerard's hand down, gently, looking at the attendant.
"Where's Reynolds? When will she be back?" Gerard pressed. The attendant looked frightened, but held his ground.
"She's at home, right now, Gerard. She'll be here in the morning, can you talk to her then?"
"No! Now!" Gerard shouted, angrily. The attendant pushed past them both and unlocked the office.
"Call her." He said, waiting outside the door. Gerard took Frank's hand and led him into the familiar office, slamming the door behind them. He moved towards the phone, dialing the correct number quickly and holding it to his ear.
"Hello? Who's there?" Dr Reynolds spoke, tiredly. Frank kept grasp of Gerard's hand, comfortingly.
"Why did you tell Frank that I killed someone?" Gerard shouted, throwing down his free, bandaged fist on the table. Reynolds sighed and rubbed her head.
"Frank told you, did he?" Frank rolled his eyes, listening to Reynolds.
"Of course I'm gonna bloody tell him."
"Gerard, pass the phone to Frank, please." Frank took the phone, slightly frightened.
"Hello?"
"Why on earth would you possibly think it was a good idea to tell him?" She whispered angrily, ensuring Gerard didn't hear.
"Because, I needed to, I didn't say it like that any ways. I told him I had a crush on him, and so it had to come out sooner or later."
"But he might have triggered and /killed you/!" She continued, infuriated. "He doesn't remember killing them! Otherwise he wouldn't be so guilt free!"
"He won't kill me!" Frank cried, dropping the phone. Gerard picked up the phone, listening to Reynolds.
"You still there?" He asked, frightened.
"Yes, Gerard, Frank misheard me, you didn't kill anyone, honest. You're a good person, Gerard." Frank tugged free of Gerard's hand, running into the courtyard, sitting behind the wall, crying.
"I'm a good person, I'm a good person," Gerard repeated, crying, rocking himself back and forth. Reynolds nodded and reassured him.
"You're a very good person Gerard, you're lovely, you didn't hurt anyone." Frank got cold, so he made his way back to their room, sobbing.

Gerard, once he felt he was reassured, went back to his room, feeling slightly uplifted, but a little hurt that Frank had believed her. Frank was tucked under his covers, crying, until he heard the door slam, he sobbed much quieter.
"Reynolds said that you misheard me, I never killed anyone. I knew it." Gerard stated, walking up to the bed and peering through the slats.
"I'm sorry for mishearing her." Frank sniffed, lying through his teeth, staying under the covers.
"It's okay," Gerard nodded, gazing at Frank. "You didn't believe her, did you? Because I'm a good person."
"I always thought you were a good person, but what I misheard, just plays on my brain. That's all," Frank sniffed, smiling softly.
"Why are you crying?"
"It's stupid, and if I say it out loud, I'll sound like a big idiot." Frank smiled softly, sniffing.
"Oh, okay." Gerard shrugged, shaking his head. "I'll never understand you."
"I think you would understand me, but I'm scared to say it."
"Right?"
"I want someone to love me," Frank admitted, hiding under the covers, "Anyone. Just, someone to actually love me," He sniffed, blushing furiously.
"I think you can hire people to do that." Gerard said, innocently. "Is that proper love?"
"Not really," Frank giggled, feeling slightly more happier, "I mean, someone who actually cares about me and can say they love me, and mean it." He sighed. Gerard gazed pensively out of the dark window.
"If I loved then I would. I'm a good person."
"You're a very good person, that's why I have a crush on you," Frank giggled softly.
"I want to help. I do, but I don't know how." Gerard mumbled. "I don't do that. Love."

Gerard dressed himself on a semi smart level and waited for Frank to awake. Frank woke up, yawning and stretching his arms.
"Hi," He smiled softly.
"Come with me?" Gerard asked, looking slightly frightened. Frank thought for a second, smiling softly and nodding.
"Of course,"
"Thank you." Gerard nodded, turning his back whilst Frank got dressed. "I have something to tell you, before we go." Frank got changed quickly, nodding.
"Okay, go ahead."
"You're my best friend." Frank smiled softly, feeling a little upset.
"Thank you, you're my best friend, too." Gerard beamed at him, taking Frank's hand in his own and leading him from the room. He wasn't the best at understanding usual friendship concepts, and one of those, was hand holding.

Frank was a little impressed that Gerard had allowed him to sit with him, at his table. Gerard watched the other families uncomfortably, gripping Frank's hand. Frank stroked his thumb over the back of Gerard's hand.
"It's okay," He smiled softly.
"If she doesn't bring Mikey.." Gerard growled.
"Calm, okay?" Frank smiled softly, grasping Gerard's hand.
"I know, I know." Gerard nodded, watching as his mother entered. She had her hand around Mikey's wrist, his eyes were red and sore, walking dutifully beside her. Frank gazed at the mother and Mikey; the young boy look upset and uncomfortable. They sat down opposite. Mikey squirmed physically, tugging away gently from his mother's grip. She turned and glared at him, and he quickly stopped, gazing downwards.
"Hello, Gerard." She said. Frank kept hold of Gerard's hand under the table, making sure he didn't get overly angry.
"Mom." Gerard said, as calmly as possible, his gaze fixed on Mikey.
"Who's this young man?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. Frank bit his lip, looking down instantly, slightly anxious.
"This is Frank. He's my best friend." Gerard signaled to him.
"Why is he here?" She asked again, watching Frank, beginning to recognize him. Frank smiled softly, gazing at his mother and then down at Mikey. "You're the boy that hid with him, aren't you?" She said, abruptly. Frank made a quiet squeak, signalling he was uncomfortable and slightly scared. He gripped Gerard's hand slightly more, but still gently, under the table.
"Yes he was." Gerard pressed, squinting slightly. He pointed to Mikey.
"Is he getting bullied?" He said, out of the blue.
"No," His mother replied defensively. "What makes you say that?" Gerard stared at her as if she didn't even have a single brain cell.
"His face is covered in bruises, Mom." Frank looked at Mikey, then Gerard, then his mother, wondering what she was going to say.

"Yeah, he, fell down the other day, Gerard." She said, calmly. Gerard was far from humouring her and Mikey let out a small cry, being quickly silenced by a hidden pinch from his mother, on the back of his arm.
"That can't be caused by a fall." Frank whispered, keeping his head down.
"Well, it was, so keep your mouth shut." She snapped, nudging Mikey forward to speak.
"I tripped on the steps at school." He sniffed, a hand on the back of his arm, millimetres from punishing him if he went out of line. Frank pressed his lips to Gerard's ear whispering.
"It's not humanly possible, trust me, she's lying." Gerard nodded; he was already aware.
"Let him sit with me." He turned to his mother, persisting. "Let him sit. Here." Their mother pursed her lips, shaking her head.
"He doesn't want to sit with you, Gerard, look at you." She tutted, shaking her head.
"There isn't anything wrong with Gerard, honestly." Frank whispered.
"There's too much going off in that head of his, have you seen his drawings? They're disturbing. That can't be right." She talked, as if Gerard wasn't there. Mikey tried to squirm from his mother's grip but failed miserably.
"His drawings are works of art, he just expresses himself differently, and he has different thoughts to everyone else." Frank smiled softly, gazing up at Gerard, "You have an amazing son, Mrs Way."
"I'm afraid I gave up hope on these two a long time ago," She shrugged, uncaring.
"Mommy.." Mikey whined, sniffling against the pain that radiated from the back of his arm.
"That is a horrible thing to say. Mikey has so much potential, and so does Gerard." Frank stated.
"You haven't known them all their lives," She spat, holding Mikey back by the shirt. He wriggled and held his arms out.
"Mommy, stop.." He burst into tears. "That hurts.."
"You're right, much I have seen how much potential they have, because it's obvious." Frank added, going quiet again, still holding Gerard's hand. Gerard was quiet up until this point.
"I'm a good person. I'm a good person." He repeated, softly. Their mother was resistant to Mikey's cries and yanked him back. Yelping, Mikey fell back and sniffled, rubbing his forehead and wincing in pain. Frank pressed his lips to Gerard's ear again.
"We should go, I can't see Mikey in pain," He whispered. Gerard nodded, getting up and standing over his mother.
"Let go of him." He hissed, leaning in close. She backed up, slightly frightened. She shook her head. Gerard put a hand on her shoulder and pushed her against the back of the seat.
"Let him go. Then get out. Come back later." He growled, squinting as he stared at her. Mikey stared at Frank, too frightened to look at his mother or Gerard.
"Fine," She hissed in response, taking Mikey by the scruff of his neck, dragging him from the seat and dropping him on the floor. He cried in pain, sniffling and curling up when he finally reached the ground. She left briskly, particularly relieved to be out of the facility. Gerard fell to his knees beside Mikey, stroking his hair worriedly. Although Gerard said he didn't feel love - Frank wasn't sure that was entirely true. Frank sighed, gulping, gazing at them both, lovingly.
"Mikey - hey, she's gone. She's gone now." Gerard said, pulling Mikey onto his lap and rocking him gently. He lent in with his thumb and brushed away the tears. "You can't let her do that.." Frank caught Gerard's attention, whispering.
"Do you want me to go? or-" He asked. Gerard shook his head, desperately.
"Please," He whispered, picking Mikey up. "Come on." He held Mikey in one arm and put his other hand in Frank's, leading them back to their room. Frank smiled softly, following Gerard, to their room.
"Can I ask you a question?" He asked softly.
"Yeah," Gerard said quietly, putting Mikey down on his knee, opening up a new page in his sketchbook for Mikey to draw in.
"Do you have many friends? Or are you close to many people?" Frank asked, sitting on Gerard's bed.
"No." Gerard responded. "I know everyone in here, but I wouldn't say I'm close to anyone, other than Reynolds, Mikey, and you." Gerard watched Mikey draw, resting his head on his hand. "What are you drawing, Mikey?" Gerard asked, his tone soft. He spoke very differently around Mikey; it was a tone that you wouldn't expect to come from an alleged murderer. Frank smiled sweetly.
"I'm drawing Frank." Mikey replied, not looking up from his drawing. The drawing itself was actually pretty good, for a seven year old. Frank blushed.
"Thank you, Mikey." He noted, gazing at him and his older brother.
"That's okay, Frank. You're pretty." Gerard glanced downwards at Mikey, holding back a strange laughter, which he rarely encountered. He looked back up at Frank, meeting his eyes, which he did very rarely. Frank giggled softly, blushing more, meeting Gerard's eyes, which he found out, were a rich hazel/green. Gerard stared at him a little longer, putting his hands around Mikey, nodding at his drawing.
"That's really good, Mikes." He paused. "Do you want to tell me about Mommy?" He asked, apprehensively. Frank blushed hard as he looked away from Gerard. He listened to his and Mikey's conversation, silently. Mikey turned, adjusting himself so his legs hung around Gerard's.
"I don't like Mommy. She's mean to me," Mikey sniffed, looking up at Gerard. "I don't want to live with Mommy anymore." Frank sighed, feeling sympathy for the small boy, he climbed onto his bunk, flicking through his bag.
"You need to tell someone, Mikey." Gerard sighed, softly.
"But I don't even go to school anymore," Mikey sniffled, getting close to tears again. "I have to stay home and, and on my own, until she gets back, all day." Frank's jaw dropped, as his heart sank, sighing. Gerard clenched his fists, staying calm for Mikey's sake. "And.. And she comes back really really late, and she's always acting silly. She can't talk, the words come out all weird." Mikey mumbled. "She tries to run after me but I hide in the basement, where we used to hide." He cried, Gerard pushing his arms around Mikey and pulling him close. Frank sniffed, sighing, shaking his head.
"That's not right." He mumbled.
"Mikey.." Gerard held him close, shaking. "This isn't.. No, you have to tell someone. Tell Grandma, or someone," He begged, tightening his grip on him. Frank sighed, biting his lip anxiously, gazing over at them both. Mikey sniffed.
"I tried, but Mommy said I should keep my mouth shut." He mumbled. "She says I should only speak when spoken to, and then to shut the-" Mikey indicated a swear word, that he knew he couldn't, or wouldn't say. "Up." Frank sniffed, sighing, sitting on his bed, gazing at them both.
"Mikey, can you tell Grandma or anyone?"
"I tried," Mikey sniffed. "I tried to use the big phone, but Mommy took his off me, and I tried to walk to Grandma's, it's only down the road, but it was dark and I got lost.." Frank shook his head, shrugging, looking at Gerard for some kind of answer.
"Mikey.." Gerard sighed, clutching him close. Somebody knocked at the door and entered. Their mother. She walked towards Gerard and Mikey, shoving Frank forcefully aside.
"You're not allowed to be in here, could you please leave?" Frank asked, politely, climbing back onto the bunk bed.
"I'm getting my son," She hissed, reaching out for Mikey. Gerard shook his head, scooting the chair away.
"One minute," He warned, holding Mikey close. Gerard pushed his forehead against his, gripping him tightly. He pushed a kiss to his forehead, sighing. "I love you, Mikey. I love you." He whispered, his voice wavering. Frank shook his head at their mother.
"Bitch." He muttered, sighing. Mikey let out a sharp cry, clinging onto Gerard.
"I love you, Gee!" He squeaked, his mother reaching into take him. Frank sighed, shaking his head as the two left, leaving him and Gerard in the room.
"I can't believe that woman." He sighed, gazing at Gerard. Gerard could still hear Mikey crying outside and it ached him.
"I hate her, more than anything."
Sign up to rate and review this story