Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Bipolar

I’m Like a Lawyer with the Way I’m Always Trying to Get You Off (Me and You)

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Pete tells Rose the truth when she wakes up and tries to get her help with her addiction plan.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-12-18 - Updated: 2012-12-18 - 780 words - Complete

0Unrated
I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off (Me and You):

I sat at the foot of Rose's bed, watching her. She isn't sleeping too well. She keeps struggling around. I don't know how to help her this time. The doctors said that she would be okay, but I still wonder...

I don't know when she'll wake up. Her coworkers and Davis are all sitting in the hallway, waiting for something. She worried them so much coming into work like that. I'm amazed that she managed to get away with Davis watching her. Still, I had the feeling he wasn't going to be enough. Yet, he insisted.

"I'll be fine," he said. "She won't be too much together." I said that I would call and check on him just in case. I probably should've called sooner. Otherwise...

I paused when I heard a moaning noise. I glanced to see my girlfriend slowly waking up. I gave her a small wave.

"Hey," I said. Rose blinked at me for a second.

"Petey?" she murmured. I nodded at her.

"Yes," I said. She looked around her.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"The hospital," I said, calmly. Rose raised an eyebrow at me.

"But why?" she asked. I took a moment to break the news to her.

"Rosy, sweetie," I said. "Listen closely." She tried to get up, but I put up my hand.

"No, no," I said. "Don't get up. Just lay there, okay?" Rose didn't speak and just laid back down in the bed.

"But why am I here?" she asked.

"You collapsed at work," I told her as calmly as I could. It took a moment for those words to reach her head. Rosy tried to get up out of bed, but I pushed her back down. She tried to fight me off.

"Let go!" she cried.

"I can't do that," I said.

"Let go! Let go!" Rosy kept screaming at me.

"No!" I shouted at her. She looked up at me with big eyes.

"B-But, I have my evaluation today," she said.

"I know," I said. "But, you can't go."

"Why not?!?" she yelled.

"You're in no condition to good," I said.

"But I have to!" Rose cried out. "I'll lose my job if I don't!"

"Look at yourself!" I shouted. "You can't go anywhere like this!" She went quiet after I said that. I took in a breath before I spoke again.

"Look," I said. "You've been under too much stress and you've been self-medicating to cope. Because of that, you went crazy and collapsed at work under a high fever." She looked at me with big eyes.

"Who told you that?" she asked. I broke down and began to explain everything.

"Davis told me about your addiction to those pills," I told her. She slowly shook her head at me.

"No..." she murmured. "No, I'm not an addict!"

"You're starting to head down that way!" I said. "I don't want to lose you! Please just get some help!" Rosy sat there, blinking at me.

"Is it really that bad?" she asked.

"Yes!" I said desperately. Her eyes looked so glassed over. I don't even think I reached her. She lowered her head and started crying. I leaned in, puzzled.

"Rosy?" I asked. Her crying got louder.

"It's so hard!" she cried. "I have to balance my job, your divorce case, and that stupid wedding!" I moved down closer and held her to my chest.

"Shhh," I whispered. "Do you really want to get help?"

"Yes," she whimpered at me. I patted her on the head.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I can call you a therapist for you, but that's only if you really want me to." Rose nodded against my chest. I leaned down and kissed her on the head.

"Okay," I said. "I'll will call them as soon as I can, okay?" Rose only sobbed in response. I sighed to myself. Why didn't I look and see this in time? If I had just known, then it wouldn't have come down to this point. I paused in thought when I heard her mumbling something to me. I glanced down at my girlfriend.

"Did you see something?" I asked.

"Don't leave me," she whispered. She didn't even look up at me when she said it. I patted her on the head again.

"I won't," I told her. "I'll stay here as long as you like." She wouldn't let go of me. Rosy needs this right now, I suppose. I put my other arm around her and just held her as long as I could.

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
Sign up to rate and review this story