Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Man of Substance

ursopretti

by ilikeboyswholikeboys 2 reviews

“You just look… Good.” He said, his hands limp by his sides. Frank laughed. “Great,” He smiled, “’Good’.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-12-24 - Updated: 2012-12-24 - 1481 words

1Moving
Frank sat laughing on the cold floor tiles with his thin legs in ripped blue jeans stretched out in front of him and his head against Gerard’s chest, holding a half empty can of cheap bear and tapping the side of it rhythmically every now and then. It wasn’t often that he and Gerard would get drunk together but, seeing as it was the last time they were going to do it in a while, it didn’t bother him too much, and he was starting to enjoy it. Gerard had one arm draped lazily over Frank and his head was leant against the chipped wall behind him, his dark hair drooping over his eyes and his mouth stretched in a smile in reaction to something funny that Frank had said. His eyes looked dark, red and tired.

“Can we get a cat?” Frank said hazily, “When you get back I wanna get a cat, man.”
Gerard giggled. “No!” He laughed, “Why would you want a cat? They just, like, piss. On everything.”
“No, they don’t!” Frank smiled, “They don’t, I had one when I was a kid and it never pissed on anything ever. ‘Cept, like, grass and shit.”
“Yeah, but I bet it threw up all the time.”
“It did not!”
“Liar, why do you want a cat?”
Frank sighed. “I don’t want a cat.” He said, “Cats sort of… Suck.” He leant against Gerard more and had a sudden thought. “Hey, Gerard?”
“Yeah?” Gerard slurred, taking a gulp of the beer in his hand.
“While you’re gone should I get a job?” He asked, looking up at Gerard and smiling a little despite himself.
“If you wanna, I guess,” Gerard said with his thinking face. “Dunno, man. Hey, I won’t be long!”
“I’m not saying you will be,” Frank insisted. “But I don’t wanna talk about that now, man!”
“Then don’t bring it up you dick,” Gerard laughed, flicking the back of Frank’s head. Frank pouted and turned to face him, sitting on his crossed legs.
“That hurt!” He joked, messing up Gerard’s dry hair with his hands before flicking his forehead in revenge. “And I’m not a dick.” He said. Gerard laughed again and held his waist, snarling playfully at him with his short, pointed teeth in his crooked mouth. Frank giggled and stuck out his tongue, then found himself regretting it when Gerard grabbed it with his thumb and finger and twisted it gently, making him squeal and pull it away. “You,” He laughed, “Are a violent li’l’ bitch.”
“Well you,” Gerard said, “Are a little shit.” He winked theatrically and laughed at himself before leaning upwards and holding Frank’s pale bottom lip in his teeth, squeezing slightly and making him squirm.
“Stop it!” He said – or tried to say despite his sudden lack of a bottom lip – then kissed Gerard’s bottom lip with his top one. Gerard took his teeth away at once and kissed him back lazily, moving his arms so they were around his neck. As he did, he noticed that Frank tasted… Different, somehow. Like how he always did, like tobacco, alcohol, toothpaste, strawberries, but there was also a sort of indescribable burnt taste that was not unpleasant but was familiar to Gerard; his head was fuzzy from the alcohol however, he couldn’t place it.

Frank giggled and held Gerard’s neck tightly and rested his forehead on his shoulder, laughing quietly to himself. Gerard frowned. “Why… Why’re you laughing?” He asked.
“M’happy,” Frank laughed, “Can’t I be happy? C’mon…” He seemed a little more than drunk to Gerard but he didn’t say anything, just nodded and smiled geniunly.
“I want you to be happy all the time…” He said, smiling softly at him. “Think you’re beautiful.” Frank smiled and looked up at Gerard through his hair.
“I’m not, you are,” He slurred, thumbing over Gerard’s pointed nose. “You’re so pretty, you’re beautiful.”
You’re beautiful!” Gerard laughed, hugging him tightly like a doll.
Nooooooo!” Frank said, smiling at him with tired eyes. “Okay, you,” He slurred, “Are fuckin’ pretty as fuck and you’re fucking so fucking pretty, fuck, fuck, fuck.”
“Mind your language,” Gerard joked, “I’ll tell your mother and you’ll get grounded.”
“Or you could ground me,” Frank said, holding Gerard’s neck differently, “For being naughty.” Gerard raised an eyebrow and giggled, deciding to play along.
“Fine,” He grinned, “You’re not allowed to move from –“ He stood up and nudged Frank against the wall with his foot, who then folded his arms and pouted theatrically. “There.”
“Or what?” Frank tested, smirking and leaning his head on the wall. His face and neck were covered in sweat and his cheeks were flushed pink, his long hair falling over his face in strands. Gerard stood for a moment and just looked at him – he looked beautiful. He bit his lip to hide his smile.
“No, actually,” He said, “Lie down like this.” He stretched Frank out on the floor and pulled his shirt off over his head, tossing it aside and leaving Frank with an inquisitive expression.
“What’re you… Ger’d.” He mumbled, itching his eyes but not moving from where Gerard had put him.
“I just…” Gerard played with his own fingers. “You’re so…” He ran a hand through his hair and looked at Frank, taking in everything; the tattoos that stretched from his hips to his belly; the bright colours that decorated his arms; the way his jeans cut into his sides slightly. His light skin was painted with a thin layer of sweat and shone, highlighting the way his hipbones protruded and how his shoulders stuck out awkwardly. His waist was thin but not skinny – just right, Gerard thought – and the web of ink of his chest couldn’t have looked better anywhere else; it was Gerard’s favourite of all Frank’s tattoos.

“You just look… Good.” He said, his hands limp by his sides.
Frank laughed. “Great,” He smiled, “’Good’.”
Gerard shook his head. “No,” He said, “I didn’t mean… You look amazing. Beautiful.”
Frank moved his arms so he could rest his head on them and smirked up at the ceiling. “Good to hear,” He said. “Thanks.” Gerard knew he appreciated it more than he was letting on.
“You’re so pretty, Frankie,” He said, “You could be a model, y’know.”
Frank scoffed. “Mm.” He hummed, unconvinced.
“No, I mean it,” Gerard said, smirking and sitting cross-legged next to Frank who stayed still except for turning his head to look at him. “You’re gorgeous…” Gerard breathed, running his sharp hand over Frank’s torso, feeling where bones were prominent and how he felt soft on his sides yet hard on his hips and on his chest, which tensed up under his hand. He smiled slightly and blinked slowly a few times before answering.
“M’not,” He half giggled, “You are, you’re… I don’t know words, man, I’m drunk.” He laughed and pushed the floor with his arms to sit up, but laid back down when Gerard nudged his chest towards the ground.
“You’re grounded,” He teased, “Gotta stay there or I will tell your mommy and your daddy and I’ll tell your grandparents.”
“My grandparents?” Frank snorted, “Ger’d, you are fucking… You’re weird.”
You’re weird,” Gerard said then leaned forward to kiss him softly if a little unevenly. “I love you though.”
Frank blushed and bit his lip. “I love you too,” He said, “And… I don’t want you to go.” His voice broke and Gerard noticed that there were tears in his eyes all of a sudden.
“Hey,” He whispered, touching the side of Frank’s face with his long fingers and smiling slightly despite feeling his own eyes prickle. “It’s okay, it’s… I won’t be long.”
“You will,” Frank whined, “You’ll be months and I’ll be here without you and I’m gonna be on my own!”
“I won’t be months,” Gerard assured him, “’Nd you don’t have to say here… You can go see your mom or family or whatever or do whatever you want.”
“I don’t wanna do anything without you,” Frank said, biting his lip, "'M gonna miss you." Gerard knew it was because of the alcohol that he felt this bad about his leaving, but it still hurt him, and he only really knew one way to stop hurting - maybe it'd make Frank feel better too.
“Hey,” He said, smiling at Frank, “I’ve got some Comic Kelly left upstairs. Wanna try it?”

A/N: Happy Christmas, thanks to everyone who reads and reviews this!
Sign up to rate and review this story