Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Christmas In New Jersey

"It's Christmas Eve, the shops will either be packed or shut." Danni said.

"Well it's either that or sit in here and cry about it." Ray said "Come on, let's get going."

Gerard looked up and quickly wiped away his tears. He hated people seeing him cry "Yeah. We'll split up. Good idea Ray. It's a good thing I brought my wallet with me to go out for lunch."

"Well how are we gonna replace all of the furniture on Christmas Eve?" Danni asked "I mean, he stole everything. All the plans that we had for tomorrow are just gone."

"You can come over to our house to celebrate Christmas." Becca smiled "We always have way too much food anyway. Come on, let's get going. Christmas tree, decorations, presents, we need to split up!"

"Me, Gerard, Sara and Lauren can go get the tree." Mikey said.

"We should split the presents between families." Frank said "Me and Mia will go buy presents for Gerard's family."

"Me and Jude can get the presents for Mikey's family." Jennifer nodded.

"Me and Becca will get presents for Bob's family." Penina told them.

"Me, Pru and Phil can get Chrismas decorations." Bob added.

"Me, Raven, Danni and Draven will buy for Frank's family." Ray said, putting his hands on his hips.

"Well we can buy for Ray's family once we've got the tree because that shouldn't take a long time." Gerard said.

"Well it's three in the afternoon now, we're really gonna have to hurry." Jennifer said, grabbing her purse "Let's go!"




Gerard, Sara, Mikey and Lauren...

"What about this tree?" Gerard asked, holding up one of the trees. The family couldn't stand artificial trees and always went for a real one.

"No, it's too skinny at the bottom." Sara said, putting one hand on her hip "We need a fat one. They look better."

"Alright, what about this one?" Mikey pulled another one out.

"I like that one!" Lauren smiled.

"No, it's not even." Sara said, shaking her head.

"You're so picky." Gerard teased, poking her cheek.

"I get it from you." Sara laughed.

"Oh whatever." Gerard put his arm around her.

"Okay, not that one." Mikey rolled his eyes and put the tree back down "Maybe you guys had just better pick this tree out together."

"Ooh what about this one?" Lauren cried, running between the trees and trying to pick one up herself. She was too little though and tree toppled down on top of her, sending her down to the floor.

"Lauren!" Mikey yelled, running over and picking up the tree from on top of her "Are you okay?"

Lauren shook her head, her bottom lip trembling. Mikey put the tree back up and picked up Lauren "It's okay, it was just a tree..." Mikey whispered, kissing her forehead.

"Wow, that tree that fell on Lauren is actually perfect!" Sara cried "Let's get that one!"





Frank and Mia...

"I think Sara would like this." Mia said, holding up a unicorn plushie.

"No Mia Sweetie, I think you'd like that." Frank smiled, ruffling his daughters hair "Come on, I'm pretty sure I remember Sara telling Gerard what she wanted for Christmas a couple of weeks ago."

"Sara likes playing video games." Mia told him, leaning against him so Frank lifted her up "I went to her house and she let me play on it once. I wasn't very good."

Frank laughed "Alright, we'll get her some video games. And I'm pretty sure she'd want some comics too, she loves comics just like her Dad. Now what about Danni?"

"I think Danni would want something pretty because she's pretty too." Mia whispered.

"Well most of her jewellery got stolen so maybe we should get her some more jewellery. And I'm pretty sure Gerard will just want art supplies or something like that. Come on, let's go." Frank replied.




Jennifer and Jude...

"What's wrong?" Jennifer asked Jude.

"I wanted Pru to come with us." Jude replied, biting his lip.

"Aww!" Jennifer cooed "You're so adorable!" Jude giggled "You'll see her soon, don't worry. Now what do you think Phil will want for Christmas?"

"He said he wanted snow on Christmas Day." Jude told her.

"Well I don't know if I can get him snow, we'll have to think about that. What else did he want?"

"Video games probably." Jude yawned, taking his Mom's hand.

"And he likes Muse so we can get him something to do with that too." Jennifer nodded "Okay, what about Lauren?"

"A sparkly bass like her Daddy's!" Jude cried "And some red rain boots."

"Where the hell we're gonna find a sparkly bass is beyond me but the rain boots should be easy enough." Jennifer sighed "Okay, now what about Becca?"

"Becca likes music and she likes You Me At Six."

"Right, so we'll get her a You Me At Six tee shirt and maybe some art stuff because I know how much her art means to her." Jennifer nodded "And that just leaves Mikey."

"Get Mikey a pair of new shoes! His are falling apart and they're gross." Jude shuddered and Jennifer laughed.

"Okay, fine, we'll get Mikey a pair of shoes."




Penina and Becca...

"I'm so bad at Christmas present shopping." Becca whined as they walked around the town centre "I don't know the first thing about Bob. I know a little bit about Jennifer. Wait, I remember Pru saying she wanted a drum kit so she could be like her Daddy but I'm wondering if she's maybe a bit too young-"

"If its what she wants we should get it for her." Penina shrugged her shoulders "She'll be making all the noise at Bob and Jennifer's house afterall, it won't affect us." Penina giggled "As for Jude he wants a guitar and I know that both kids want comic books."

"Yeah but what about Bob and Jennifer? Well now I feel bad for not getting to know them better!"

"I know she likes comic books but since she owns a comic book store I'm assuming that she already has plenty of comic books." Penina shrugged her shoulders "Jen never really askes for things. She prefers to give things instead of receive."

"Well tough nubs she has to receive something this year!" Becca cried "Now come on,you're really good friends with her. What would she want?"

"She likes Fall Out Boy. Let's just get her some band merch! She also likes Panic! At The Disco so we can work off of that."

"And what about Bob?"

"A new drum kit. He busted his last one. Don't know how he managed that." Penina rolled her eyes "Come on, let's get cracking."





Bob, Pru and Phil...

"What about these fairy lights?" Pru asked, holding up a string of multi-coloured lights.

"I prefer these white ones." Phil pouted, holding them up.

"Get them both!" Bob scooped the lights up and chucked them into the trolley "Now we need something for the top of the tree?"

"I want a pretty angel." Pru smiled.

"No, I think star's look better." Phil picked one up off a shelf.

Pru found an angel she liked and skipped back "Angel!"

"Star!"

"Angel!"

"Star!"

"Get them both!" Bob smiled, grabbing them both and chucking them into the trolley "Now tinsel."

"Pink tinsel!" Pru smiled.

"No, golden tinsel!"

"ALL OF THE TINSEL!" Bob roared as he grabbed every kind of tinsel there was and put it into the trolley.

"Aren't we getting too much?" Phil asked, looking worried.

"I LOVE CHRISTMAS!"




Ray, Raven, Danni and Draven...

"Who here knows what Mia would want for Christmas?" Raven asked, pushing a trolley round the shopping centre and wincing at everything Christmas-related.

"Easy." Draven said "A unicorn plushie. A My Little Pony tee shirt with Pinkie Pie on the front. An easy bake oven. Turqouise converse hightops."

"How do you know all that?" Ray asked.

"I listen. She also really wants a pet squirrel."

"Never gonna happen." Danni giggled "Now what about Penina?"

"Come on Draven, work your magic!" Ray cried.

"I don't really know much about Penina. Sorry." Draven pouted.

"No, I have an idea on what to get Frank and Penina." Raven smiled "Come on, this is gonna be awesome!"





Gerard, Sara, Lauren and Mikey...

"WHAT DOES RAY WANT?" Mikey cried, looking around the shops "Frickin' awkward afro-"

"Mikey!" Gerard snapped but couldn't help but smile at how stressed his little brother was getting "I think Ray will want something music related. A band tee-shirt, a new guitar, something like that. Maybe a CD. Same for Raven."

"What would Draven want then?" Mikey asked "Sara, you were sitting by him at lunch. What does he want?"

Sara shrugged her shoulders "I dunno, he doesn't really talk to me, he just gets all embarrassed for some reason."

"He doesn't really like Christmas." Lauren said, rubbing her arm that had been scratched by a tree branch.

"Don't rub it, it'll make it worse." Mikey told her, taking her hand "He's really good at playing guitar but he only plays the one at school or his Dad's. He'd want his own."

"Alright, that's settled then." Gerard said and the four of them set off to find a music store.





Bob, Pru and Phil...

The trolley was now piled high with pretty much every decoration in the store "Dad, I think we've got too much." Pru whispered, putting her thumb in her mouth. Decorations were practically spilling out of the trolley.

"Nope, you can never have too much when it comes to Christmas." Bob replied determindly, going up to the check out.

"It's gonna cost hundrends and hundreds!" Phil cried.

"It's never too expensive when it comes to Christmas."

"Don't you think you're going over the top?"

"You can never go over the top when it comes to Christmas."





Back at Gerard's house...

"Good thing I reminded you to buy a tree stand." Mikey said, as he tightened the screws into it.

"Yep, you're an angel." Gerard laughed, unfolding some garden chairs he'd brought from the shopping centre. They'd decided to still spend Christmas Eve at Gerard's house then head back to their own homes except for Gerard, Sara and Danni who were spending the evening and the next day at Mikey's.

"Now we just need some decorations." Mikey smiled as he got up to admire the tree.

Sara came into the room with a can of coke "It looks wonky." She commented, taking a seat.

Mikey groweled in frustration while Gerard thought about it "We should've brought some food. They didn't steal our oven. We could've cooked something."

"One step ahead of you as usual!" Danni laughed, entering the house with Ray, Raven and Draven "I brought plenty of food for us to eat! I'll go get it started."

"I love you." Gerard smiled, kissing her cheek.

"I love you too." Danni grinned, rushing into the kitchen.

"We wrapped the presents at my house." Raven told them, putting them down. She was holding a box in her hands with holes in it and there was a scrabbling noise from inside "Mind if I hide this upstairs?"

"Of course I don't." Gerard replied and Raven went upstairs with it.

Frank came into the house holding Mia in one arm and a large bag full of presents in the other "We finally finished Christmas shopping." He panted, putting Mia down and letting her unpack the presents under the tree "That was a nightmare. Why do people have to walk so slowly?"

"You don't know anything about nightmares until you've been crushed by a Christmas tree!" Lauren cried.

"See why I hate Christmas?" Raven said, walking down the stairs.

"Where are the decorations?" Mikey asked "We have to decorate this tree!"

"Even though it's wonky?" Sara asked.

"EVEN THOUGH IT'S WONKY!" Mikey yelled. Sara laughed.

"We have decorations." Bob said, coming into the house carrying about ten large bags full to the brim with decorations.

"Don't you think you have too many-"

"There's never too many when it comes to Christmas!" Bob roared.

"Someone needs to calm down." Gerard laughed "Come on, get the decorations out!"

"No, we need to wait for the others to get here to start decorating." Ray said.

"Aww come on, we can start. Bob's brought plenty anyway." Gerard said, pulling decorations out of the box "It's a good thing we got a decent Chrismas tree."

"It's a horrible Christmas tree. It almost killed me." Lauren pouted.

"Aww come on, you're fine now." Mikey smiled, giving her a hug.

"I might not have been fine though."

"We're here!" Jennifer cried, coming in with Jude.

"Pru!" Jude yelled, running to her and throwing his arms around her. Pru giggled and hugged her older brother back.

"You didn't see her that long ago." Bob smiled, hugging both his kids at the same time "You're so cute, both of you." The kids giggled.

Jennifer started putting the presents under the tree that Gerard, Mikey, Sara and Ray were now decorating. Raven and Draven had decided they'd rather help out with the cooking than do any Christmas decorating. Penina and Becca came in "Hey Beautiful." Frank smiled, getting up and kissing Penina's cheek.

"Mommy!" Mia cried, jumping up and throwing her arms around Penina's waist.

Becca sighed "Why can't I be greeted like that?"

"Sorry Mommy!" Phil giggled, stood up and ran over to his Mom and threw his arms around her.

"Mommy, I nearly died!" Lauren cried.

"Mikey, what have I told you about nearly killing our children?" Becca asked, raising one eye-brow.

"It wasn't me, it was our killer Christmas tree!" Mikey ran over to her and hugged her tightly "I love you Becca."

"Yeah, yeah." Becca giggled "I guess I love you too." Mikey pretended to be offended while Penina started unloading presents under the tree.

"So now that we're all back, let's finish decorating this tree!" Gerard cheered. Everyone except for Danni, Raven and Draven finished decorating the tree together.

"Food's nearly ready." Danni called from the kitchen as Gerard started everyone on a massive game of hide and seek.

"Aren't we getting a bit old for hide and seek?" Ray asked.

"You're never too old for fun Ray!" Bob barked.

Gerard agreed to be on first and everyone ran off to hide. They played this until Danni called them downstairs to eat dinner. They were either eating on the floor or sitting on one of the garden chairs and eating their dinner on their lap.

"Where's Mia?" Penina asked nervously "Mia? Mia!?"

"Mia!" Frank yelled.

"I'm here." Mia said, coming down the stairs holding two large white plastic bags.

"What's that Mia?" Frank asked her.

Mia got to the bottom of the stairs and said "They're presents. There's one for all of us."

"What?" Gerard came over and looked inside. There were presents in there obviously. There was one addressed to his daughter Sara. He wondered if it was the present he'd brought for her but it was in different wrapping paper and a completely different shape "Where did that come from?"

"There's a label on the bags." Mia told them "It says 'From Santa.' Santa knew all our presents were stolen and brought us some more."

The adults and older children were still confused while the youger children were over the moon. They put them under the tree with the others and returned to their dinner. Once they were done, it was time to open presents.

"Draven can go first!" Ray said, handing him his present from under the tree.

"No, I don't want anything." Draven grumbled.

"You'll want what we got you, I promise." Mikey smiled "Come on Draven, open it!"

Draven sighed, pulled back the wrapping paper and found a bright red shiny guitar. His jaw dropped "Wow, it's beautiful." He whispered.

"And now your one from Santa!" Mia cried, picking it up and handing it to him.

He opened the present and found an amp inside from him to plug the guitar into "How-?" Gerard was so confused but didn't say anything else.

Next was Raven. She got a guitar, one almost identical to the one that Ray unwrapped and a guitar strap. Ray got the same. Bob got a new drum kit and Pru got a miniature version of his drum kit. Their presents from Santa were matching tee-shirts which Jennifer said was sweet. Jude got a guitar and some comics. Jennifer got a Fall Out Boy tee-shirt and a signed poster.

"I'm so confused as to who got this stuff." Gerard whispered to Danni "Did you get it?"

"When would I have had the time?" Danni whispered back "I thought you'd got it for them."

"My turn, my turn, my turn!" Mia cried and then shrieked with excitement as she opened a large unicorn plushie and a My Little Pony tee-shirt with Pinkie Pie on it. Santa got her an easy bake oven which Raven and the others hadn't been able to find in any store "Santa knew exactly what I wanted." Mia smiled, giving her unicorn a massive hug.

Raven told Frank and Penina that they had a joint present and had to wait for it so they shrugged their shoulders and smiled fondly at Mia who was really really happy. Lauren got a sparkly bass just like her Dad's and some new red rain boots. Phil got some video games and off of Santa a note saying that he knew what Phil wanted and he promised to make it come true. Everyone was confused but Phil seemed to understand what it meant and smiled happily. Becca recieved a You Me At Six tee-shirt and a signed album. Mikey got a new pair of black trainers and a new belt off Santa.

Sara opened hers and found a bunch of video games even though her XBOX had been stolen. She was sad until she opened her present from Santa and found a brand new XBOX, even better than her old one. Danni got some new jewellery to replace the ones that were taken and a TV from Santa which she said Sara could have to play her video games on. Gerard got some art supplies and an Iron Maiden tee shirt.

"That just leaves Penina and Frank then." Raven smiled and ran upstairs. She came back down with the white box with holes in that she had been holding earlier that day "Merry Christmas!"

Penina took the box and her and Frank pulled the lid off together "AWWWWWW!" Penina cried as they found a white puppy dog "Is it a boy or a girl?"

"A girl." Raven smiled "Do you like her?"

"I LOVE HER!" Frank shrieked, picking up the puppy from out of the box "She's SO cute!"

Penina opened the present for the two of them from Santa and found a collar saying 'Daisy' "So that's what Santa wants you to call her." Mia smiled, pulling herself onto her Mom's lap "She's really cute."

"Now I normally hate Christmas..." Raven said "But this year has been awesome."

"Who'd have the year we were robbed would turn out to be the best year?" Gerard laughed.



They all sat around laughing, playing games and just generally having a good time when suddenly Phil yelled "Santa made my wish come true!"

He was pointing outside. Everyone looked over to see what he was talking about. It was snowing outside! They all jumped up and ran outside.

"It's so pretty." Mia said, taking her Dad's hand.

"This is so crazy." Danni laughed as Gerard put his arm around her "Santa couldn't have possibly done this."

"But it looks like he did, whether we believed in him or not." Gerard smiled "Come on, it's cold out here."

They went back outside and everyone's eyes widened. All the furniture was back in it's place as if it had never moved in the first place. All the original presents were under the tree which wasn't lopsided on the floor. And all the washing up that had been stacked in a pile in the corner of the room was now compeltely clean.

"What the hell?" Gerard whispered, walking into the house. He found a note stuck to the sofa. It read:

Well done. Even in the hardest of times you stuck together to make Christmas special. Which is the true meaning of Christmas.




[A/N] - Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you liked it! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story