Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The World is Ugly and Tonight is Right

by Lokitty 1 review

Gerard lied and used but now he's telling the truth with an old song he said he hated. Gerard/Frank one shot, 773 words.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-12-27 - Updated: 2012-12-27 - 783 words - Complete

1Moving
Tonight is the right night, everyone is hyped for our first show in months. It’s going to be a decent sized gig, not too big that we can't connect with the fans but not too small where we can hear each individual person. Good. But everything could go wrong, the crowd might not shout the normal stuff and I'm depending on that. Or I might not get taken seriously and just have it treated like old times. Oh, old times. They were the best, where I could get a bit of what I wanted without raising any suspicions but I did raise suspicions with the worst person that could have raised them. I do feel sorry for her, I was horrible, noon e should get treated like that. After the post tour high fell back down we were so bored we just wrote for writings sake, all we came up with was some songs with no real emotion and two songs that broke my heart every time we played them. We just really needed something to fill our time, we had spent months performing to majority of our fans, we were on top of the world and even reporters spreading lies about us telling fans to commit suicide couldn't affect our fame. We had people come to us after saying that we saved their life and helped them get over self harm and depression. Of course we wanted to make music together and have fun but we wanted to save lives. But whilst saving there's, I lost mine.

So our mediocre album didn't get past sheets of music and we started again. Everyone else in the band loved it, they were all so happy with the dance songs with mental lyrics. I suppose I liked it too but the lyrics weren't right, everyone thought they were for my recently divorced wife, I wasn't going to correct them even though they were so wrong it hurt.

Even though we had written Conventional Weapons almost two years ago, I couldn't get it off my mind still, well to be specific I couldn't get The World Is Ugly out of my thoughts. When I wrote the lyrics, I just couldn't take it any more, I wanted to stop lying and just tell the truth but I just didn't know how. So I left subliminal messages in everything and that still wasn't enough so I wrote this. It was and still is my exact thoughts. Nobody realised though, I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not though. I suppose I'll find out tonight.

Everyone thought I was crazy bringing up the idea of doing a song from the album that wasn't good enough, that I said wasn't good enough. Why would I want to sing a song I hate? Why do I want to sing about my ex wife? Do I still miss her? They all shot me the same questions in different ways until I just said that it wasn't about her, the song never was about Lyn-z. The looks of 'Are you crazy?' came from all of them. But I just wondered how blind they were, I'm not exactly subtle.
"And I want to play it tonight." They came up with many logical arguments but tonight isn't the night for logic.

After having to practice it multiple times and half an hour of them saying 'No, we can't play it! You're not even moving when you sing!' I'm still having my way and a part of me doesn't want that, but the part of me that has been waiting for years just can't hold it off any longer.

The crowd is amazing tonight, they're singing along to every word and dancing like never before. It's the last song and it's time. They've shouted it out and it really is time.
"What does Frerard mean then?"
"You and Frank together" They shouted back
"Who can tell me why Frerard should happen?" Everyone screamed and threw their hands up, I chose a girl at the front and held the mic to her
"I don't know why but you two look at each other like you're each others worlds so you must know something, maybe you just haven't realised yet."
"You see Frank, even the fans know we're meant to be together, even they notice that I look at you a bit too long because you are beautiful to me. This song is called the world is ugly!" Whilst the intro started and the crowd screamed for this new song I went over to Frank and pulled the mic away from my mouth and continued my sentence.

"And this is for you."
Sign up to rate and review this story