Categories > Games > StarFox > The Breaking Game

Break me harder

by pskotika00

-Fox comes by to see Wolf but it isn't what Wolf expected.Wolf has a dream about the most traumatic event in his life

Category: StarFox - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Fox,Wolf - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2012-12-28 - Updated: 2012-12-28 - 1960 words

?Blocked
Chapter 2: Break me harder
*]
[*

Wolf
--------


I couldn't decide if I wanted to answer or not,what to say to him.This is something that doesn't happen to me often.

Especially since the last time I saw him,he was shooting me out of the sky and I was falling to my death in a burning parachute that if not for Leon cutting it and strapping us both to his own parachute I would've died.It was a deja-vu and a nightmare at the same time;I was waiting for him to shoot my parachute down .

Like James did.

Leon was there for me both times and saved me both times ,at least the best he could.The first time he kicked me so that I fell in shallow water instead of hit the ground.He couldn't grab me because my parachute had burned completely and I was falling too fast.I still broke my leg but it was better than breaking everything else.

Even if Leon had questionable levels of sanity at times ,he was really a good person.I knew him before the breaking game that's being played with our lives began so I know who he use to be and who he really is.

I decided to let it beep and wait for the message.

"Hey Wolf,long time no see.I'm waiting for you outside.Don't try to act like you're not home,I saw ya' coming back from the store.Come holler at me ,man",the machine said.

Damn.Looks like I don't have a choice....well I do but it just wouldn't be the smart one.Sighing,I dragged myself up from the couch ,grabbed my gloves,my knife and my blaster just in case things got ugly.

Outside it was drizzling again so Fox was standing under the sign in front of the take-out restaurant across the street.

He looked me right in the eye and I looked back.The only thing I saw was tiredness.

I waited for the traffic ,then walked across the street to meet him.

"How'd you get my number ,Pup?",I asked.

"Catz gave it to me",he said not even turning to face me.I leaned my back up against the glass window of the restaurant ,keeping my distance and not even bothering to look over at him.I did ,however,stand so that I could see him in the corner of my good eye,gauge his reactions.He took a drag off of his cigarette,blew the smoke upward and twitched his ears.We were having a waiting contest now to see who would speak first.

I lost.

"Any idea what he's doing now?",I asked.

"Rooming with some lion chick named Viada.Owns a club down the Miverian strip on Papetoon,it's in New Vesper",he said.I nodded.Least I know where I could find him.But for now,I'm grounded,I can't leave this planet.

"So what brings you here?",I asked.He ignored me and took another drag from his cigarette.

"Heard you got busted then got out",he said.

"From where?",I asked.

"I got sources",he answered.Should've known that'd be his answer.

"How's life treatin' ya? ",Fox asked,his eyes now on the ground.I could really tell him everything that was wrong with me and how I'm really fucking disillusioned now,and that everything good that I had was gone ,but what would that really accomplish?


I noticed he never closed the distance between us.If anything,I think he moved further away.

"I'll survive.Been through worse before",I said.A damn lie of course.The last time I winded up in some bullshit like this,Leon was at my side,I actually knew what was going on in the world at the time and I had two eyes and no body aches,just hunger pains every once in a while.I also didn't have to watch my back as hard.

Most of this is his fault too.

"Fine.Look,if you need anything,you know where to find me.Same place we use to hang",he said.He threw the cigarette on the ground and was gone.I waited until he had rounded the corner to even move.

On a good note,we didn't try to kill each other.But there was that wall between us that came up every time Andross ever came up ,anything related to the Lylat wars or even if I asked about James.

James.

I'm starting to see that fucker showing up to haunt me in the form of his son.I bet he showed up just to ease his own conscience after what he did to me.I'm also sure he knows who got me busted in the first place and probably who's pulling the strings but that really wasn't the right time to ask.

I didn't expect an apology ...but he hardly acknowledged me.

Even when we were gunning for each other in our fighter ships,he acknowledged me.This time,he didn't even look at me.

I fell worse than I did when I got out of prison.

Feeling the hunger pains creeping up on me,I decided to go inside the restaurant.

--------

I actually waited until I got back upstairs to my place before eating because there were some young punks hanging out at the place and I didn't like the way they were staring at me.I'm not in the mood to fight and I sure as hell didn't wanna be back in prison.I had to round the block a few times and dip through some allies to ditch them so they wouldn't find out where I live.Thank whoever the hell's up there that there are three entrances to this place.

When I got to my room,there was again,another box.I opened my door and slid it in with my foot, before putting the food down and locking the door with the manual and automatic locks,keying in the password.

I tore the box open and inside of it was a laptop.

'From Fox McCloud:Keep in touch'

And now I'm officially confused.


--------------------------------

Two ships were gunning for each other,dipping by and swooping at each other,laser cannons locking on and firing.Amidst a battlefield,the two were specifically out for each other's heads,taking any and everyone out in their way.
/]
[/Being the best two pilots on either side,it only made sense.

/]
[/

The red and gray black Wolfen ,versus the blue and steel Arwing,not the new flashy ones,but the original Arwing ship which was sturdier than all these other new fighter ships was taking the hits from the Wolfen like it was nothing.It was only when a shot pierced the wing and it began to smoke,making the ship jilted as it flew.
/]
[/The Arwing was spinning out of control now,but the pilot used it to his advantage; he propelled the spinning ship right toward the Wolfen .There was not time to react when a storm of lasers and a smoking ship slammed into to the Wolfen,shattering the glass atop of it ,the wings scraping the Wolfen and barely missing it's pilot.

/]
[/'WARNING,COCKPIT HAS BEEN BREECHED.WARNING ,EJECT NOW',the machine was saying,the red alarm going off in the Wolfen's cockpit.But the pilot fought on.

/]
[/Hands shaking,heart pounding,Wolf O'Donnell forced himself to recover,spinning the ship and dipping it downward to avoid another barrage.It was when he came up that he was cornered by another Arwing that was soaring right down toward him,raining fire on him.He made a sharp U-turn only to be met by the original ship that attacked him.He tried firing bout he couldn't.There was only a loud beeping sound and on the screen reading 'GUNS DISABLED'; the second Arwing had shot out his canons and he didn't even know it.

/]
[/He was done for.

/]
[/Trying to make an escape ,the Wolfen clipped the other wing of the first Arwing,making the ship spin and almost hit a building.The Arwing fired at the Wolfen once more and the controls began to spark.Wolf pulled his hands back as his hands smoke filled his longs.At the last moment he saw a glance of the pilot on his monitor who shot him down.

/]
[/James McCoud.

/]
[/The ship was tearing itself apart and glass and metal was everywhere.Wolf was coughing as smoke filled his lungs and stung his eyes.He was fumbling blindly for the controls when the ship was shot at again.When Wolf reached up for his oxygen mask,glass rained down on him and a piece stuck in his eye.He howled,dropping the mask and just hit the eject button .He was launched out of his ship as it went down ,crashing and burning into a bridge.The other ships sailing by and shooting at one another and put him on edge.He prayed that he wouldn't get hit but he had no such luck.Lasers cut against his parachute and it started burning fast.

/]
[/"Wolf!Wolf,come in it's Leon!I saw your ship go down,are you still alive?!",Leon's voice was distorted through his microphone.

/]
[/"I-I'm alive,but not for long! Tell my mom I said...Ahhhhh!"

/]
[/"Shit!What's going on!Oh fuck!"-

/]
[/Wolf tried to open his other eye but he was in agony and could see nothing,he shut it again.In his one good eye,he saw Leon's ship explode before he saw the smoking Arwing that had been gunning for him approaching.Lasers ripped the top of his parachute and it began to tear.

/]
[/Soon,he was plummeting toward the ground,the fire racing down toward him.He had two choices now: burn to death,or death by falling.

/]
[/Wolf panicked as fire licked his fingers ,singed the fur on his paws.For the first time for a long time,he actually cried as he fumbled for the release on the parachute.Falling was a less pain,at least he hoped it was.

/]
[/It was then when the parachute snapped and Wolf began to fall to his death.....


----------------


Wolf woke up hyperventilating,his eye wide as he shot up from his bed.It took him a moment to realize he was only in his apartment ,there was no smoke,no fire,no lasers or burning parachute and screams of horror from people dying around him.That didn't stop the rapid beating of his heart.When his eye shifted and he realized only one of them worked ,he felt a lump in his throat.After holding as long as he could,he let a few tears fall free as he curled into a ball on his bed.It was only when his communicator started beeping did he calm down.He contemplated answering but just lye still.Eventually ,he pulled himself up to answer it.It was a text .

'Eh,Wolfenstein,it's Scalez.I'm gonna be in town this week,so we'll meet up.Also ,Catz said hi .I'll see you soon'

Seeing the name on the text ,Scalez (who was Leon) comforted Wolf,making his fear start to melt away.He dropped on the bed on his back.

-----
Just as Wolf was about to fall,he heard a familiar voice
[/

"Come on,we'll be alright ,Wolfus.I got you.We're gonna make it",Leon's familiar voice said.It fuzzy but Wolf still heard it.As the world was dying around them ,Wolf calmed.Somehow,he knew they would make it out alive.


-------------

Alright,so what do you think? remember ,constructive criticism is highly appreciated.Thank you.
Sign up to rate and review this story