Categories > Games > StarFox > The Breaking Game

Pieces

by pskotika00

-Fox McCloud and how he got tangled up in mercenary work in the first place.He decides to investigate Wolf's situation at Falco's expense only to find that Wolf O'Donnell isn't who he claims to be....

Category: StarFox - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Falco,Fox - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2012-12-29 - Updated: 2012-12-29 - 2374 words

?Blocked
Author's note:Important for this chapter,Okami means Wolf

chapter has been corrected.

-the part where fox says 'know where to find him' should be 'lnow where to find people who hate him'

Chapter 3
*]
[*Fox

[**]
-----------

"You went to see him ?",Falco asked,not even bothering to look up from his laptop.I locked our apartment door and keyed in the combination.

"Yeah",I said.

"And?",he said .He was practically glaring.

"I said that he could call me if he needed anything",I said.Falco abruptly shut the screen to his laptop and was walking up to me.He stared at me hard ,I stared at him back.Just then ,he leaned down and sniffed at me and I pushed him back.

"I'm not fucking him Falco",I said coldly.He didn't say anything because he knows I'm telling the truth.Instead he just grabbed his jacket and left out.Typical Falco behavior.There was a time when I thought the aloof thing was cool,and I admired it.Now I realize half the time,Falco's the greatest guy you'll ever meet and the other half,he's really just a dick.And he escapes before you even get a chance to call him on his bullshit.

Like now.

I don't have time for his games,I got some stuff to look into.For one,who snitched Wolf out in the first place? Second,who snitched on me ? I didn't tell Anyone but I was gone for the past year in a half for two reasons.One,I was in the last Super Smash Brothers Tournament,Falco can vouch for that.Two,I was sitting in Jail on Titania until Leon Powalski started a riot.He crashed the system,erasing our records from the system.

We only got away with thirteen other people,and none of them made it.The last guy tried to screw us over and I shot him in the face.A face that I don't remember what it looked like,what species he was or even if he existed.It's just that I remembered shooting someone and running through the desert with Leon and hijacking a landmaster.

We hitchhiked our way off the planet and Ironically after ending up at Omega space port * ,which was basically the slums in space,we ran into Falco


Turns out Leon's not a bad guy,besides being a sick fuck.He has morals at least,that I learned from being locked up with the guy.

The last thing I need to know is who let Wolf out of prison.Not that I want him back in but it doesn't sit right with me.I think he's already having a hard time.

I shouldn't care ,but I do.

I picked up my laptop and started searching for any info on Wolf O'Donnell.Not much except for old articles on bounties that have been removed articles on his crime sprees,and other remnants from the past,nothing that can help now.I have to dig deeper.I put aside my main laptop and go to our bedroom .Under the bed,under the floor boards is where I keep the other laptop,the one that's patched and rooted to the point where the thing is probably a national security risk and possibly ,a planetary one too.

I know how to contact all of Wolf's old buddies and I'm pretty sure one of them knows where to find people who hate him.Borrowing Falco's handle,I found one of the mirror sites and logged into an open chat room.



Welcome to Sargasso lounge

JayBlue09 Logging in


----------


JayBlu:Yo,who's in ?

Defmeister:Hey Birdi ,how's life been doin' ya?

JoFixit:What's good ya'll

AssnNation:Not much,just kickin' it

JayBlu:Same here.Ya'll heard Okami just got let off the hook.He lurkin' round Corneria,saw him recently


----------

I'm with all these people to some degree.

AssnNation was a group of all female international assassins.Thing was,all of them looked so generic that you couldn't point them out in the crowd.Asamiya,their leader a cat that I can't pinpoint becasue everytime I turn around ,she looks different .

The RepoMan,a monkey who rents out ships and reposesses them; especially if they were never his in the first place.

JoFixit, reptile you could call to 'fix' things if you leave too much evidence or if the press starts snooping too hard.I haven't had to use him in a while because Peppy showed us how to not be 'sloppy with our work'.

And the bird ,Defmeister.

The name speaks for itself.


-------------------




JoFixit:Yeah? Tell him I said wassup

RepoMan:First off,how'd he get busted anyway? Didn't he get cleared after that Aparoid shit?

AssnNation:You didn't hear? He got into a gun fight with that cat Kovak at Miranda's .Kovak's in a wheel chair waiting to get implants .Turns out his girl Trixy was an undercover cop.Personally,I think it was a set up.

RepoMan:And how do you know this?

AssnNation:I use to swing at this club called Valentine's back in the day and Kovak was always doin' grimy shit to people.He got into it with some wolf kid who was a stripper and he took care of Kovak.Probably got somethin' against wolves now

--
I found out a lot about myself and the world at Valentine's

I found out I was damn good at billiards and one hell of a card player.I had a talent for knife fighting,got in one with a jackal named Jacko (I know,corny,right?) and won really because I was so scared and I moved way to fast.Him and his entourage chased me Falco down .I also found out Falco was a drug dealer at the time(though messed with mild stuff,wouldn't sell anything that messed people up for life or that you could OD on) and carried a handgun,a switch blade and a blaster always .He was the one shot said jackal dead like it was nothing.

I found out that when you died in the streets,nobody missed you unless you owed money or if they wanted revenge for the sake of street cred.Or unless you were essential to whatever criminal empire they were building.

Jacko was neither so nobody cared,hell his body was looted on the spot.I remember because it was the first time I watched somebody die.

I also found out that sometimes,I liked certain guys the way I liked girls at Valentines.

There was this one time,the guy was a wolf.Violet eyes peeking from behind long white bangs,mesmerizing everyone.When the wolf first stalked over to me,it startled me,I was an innocent pup and didn't know what to do,he made me nervous like the girls did and that never happened before.He stepped on the table,shirtless with perfect muscles, too tight ripped black jeans and combat boots,a collar on his neck.There was a chain attached from his collar to his belt that he let me hold as he crawled up on the table and grabbed some credits from my hand with his mouth.

He strangled Kovak near the bar with that same chain


Kovak.

Oh,I remember him well.A blue eyed cheetah with a fuse shorter than even Falco on a bad day.See,this guy Kovak use to work at Valentine's back in the day.I remember because it was the only bisexual strip club in Corneria City.

I was an army brat and my dad would dissapear for days on missions.When he wasn't home,my Aunt Millia would watch me and I would sneak out with Falco and he'd show me the world.WHich is why I ended up in the incident with the Jackal.

We were ...close at the time.

Anyway,Falco worked as an enforcer for Kovak which I found out is what started the feud between him and Leon in the first place.Kovak got into it with that wolf who worked there (sometimes a stripper and sometimes a bouncer,hell,I even saw him serving drinks!),he wasn't much older than me,but I remember because he was one of seven wolves I've seen in Corneria city before the wars.


See,Kovak was a loan shark in training because he was some grizzly named Rufus's protege. Appearantly the wolf had problems with him paying a lone and pleaded for an extension.After Kovak got after him for it and they were fighting.He strangled Kovak who then pulled a blaster on him.They were outside and we all heard the shots.Kovak was on the ground and no one ever saw the wolf ever again.

Of course when the police showed,nobody saw a thing ,as usual.I was shocked at how easily everyone could ignore it.

After a few nights at Valentine's ,it occurred to me that people really just don't give a fuck.

-------------

JoFixit: Yeah,Kovak's always had it out for Okami since he kicked him out of Sargasso.Word on the street is he was runnin' with his sister and that's what really sent him gunnin' for him.

JayBlu:Oh,I right,Valentines alright.Made a lot of money there

Defmeister:Yeah,Koval and like half of the cut throats in the city hung there on the weekends.said they came for the babes,but that place had dudes too.Corneria City has one huge fuckin' closet .

RepoMan:So true.I admit,I use to swing by there and check out this hot ass wolf dude.he had it.

AssnNation:U mean Lycus? yeah,he was a sexy motherfucker.tight ass pants,white hair and that damn eyeliner made him look manacing.Not many wolves on Corneria back then,they showed after the Lylat wars.he earned his shit when he fucked Kovak up but then he skipped town.nobody knows what became of him....i feel like an old bitch for rememberin' this

JoFixit: lol

RepoMan: :D

JayBlu:you know where I can find Okami's sister?

Defmeister:Yeah,she works at a clinic in Seaport city,Avalis on Corneria.If you need anything,I'll help you out on the principal that I can't fuckin stand Kovak.

JoFixit:Yeah,fuck Kovak

JayBlu:Okami's kinda a dick his self

AssnNation:I'm not commenting .I value my life

JoFixit:Man! Only you can run some shit like that and get away with it,Birdi!

Defmeister:I met worse people

RepoMan:U just scared da big bad wolf gonna come get u now that he's a free man

Defmeister:Nah,I'm on good terms with Wolfenstein.I'm good

JayBlu:Thanx .I'll try to hang around here more.ain't really doin' shit since the wars are over.no work for a merc

AssnNation:bye sweety

JoFixit:peace out man

ReoMan:c ya

Defmeister:bye bye Birdi

-------------------




I logged out and keyed the information I learned on my communicator in a way that I could understand.These people aren't stupid; any and all evidence that this conversation ever took place will be gone by the end of the day.

I closed the window and pulled up a search engine and started looking for clinics in Seaport,Avaline.Searching through the employee database I didn't find anyone named O'Donnell ,but I did find an O'Donelly ,Lycus O'Donnelly who was clearly a male.

Which could mean one of two things,either I've been played or everything I thought I knew about Wolf O'Donnell was a lie.

What the hell was going on here?


----------------


Falco had finally arrived at his destination, run down ,four story apartment at the south end of Corneria City across from a take out restaurant and a Deli.He looked at the address on the communicator one more time before he crossed.As he crossed the street,he watched his surroundings carefully.There was a small group of suspicious looking characters,three of them.There was a calico cat with green eyes,a black bull dog with blue eyes and a panther with orange eyes ,lurking nearby.Sighing,Falco headed down a nearby alley,waiting for them to follow him.

They did.

He walked until he was halfway down and they blocked the entrance.He paused,hands still in his pockets and they surrounded him.

"You already know what it is man.Give that shit up", the panther said.Falco just chuckled as he felt the cold metal of a hand gun pressed against his back.

"What,you think this is a fuckin' joke?",the bulldog said.Falco reached into his pocket and took out a handful of credits slowly.He then threw them to the front end of the alley where they went for the.But the moment they turned there backs,Falco shot all three of them with his blaster ,the calico took one to the shoulder,the bulldog hit in the back of his thigh and the panther hit in his calf.

"You useless punks can't even do a damn stick up right,Take your asses back to school,you won't even survive the end of the year",Falco said.He spat at the calico who had tears in his eyes,whimpering like the other too.Falco left the alley and headed to the apartment.

Falco stopped at a room on the third floor with outdated locks.He shook his head and knocked on the door then waited.The only sound he heard was the holo projector with the news on and a dryer in the background.

No answer.

He knocked harder this time,practically slamming the door.The sound of creaking wood came and the door opened ,revealing a very annoyed Wolf O'Donnell,his fur half dry and unruly.He was shocked for a moment before he recovered,glaring.

"What the fuck do you want,Lombardi?",he said ,glaring.

"That anyway to talk to an old friend...Lycus?",Falco said.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm addicted to this story ,honestly.I really want to finish it and it seems the only way I can is to keep pumping out chapters.So,what do you think?


Read and review please!
Sign up to rate and review this story