Categories > Games > StarFox > The Breaking Game

Confrontation

by pskotika00

-Falco talks to Wolf and tells him what happened while he was in prison.Wolf contemplates about his smuggling days when him and Falco ran with the same gang.Fox calls with an urgent message.

Category: StarFox - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Falco,Wolf - Published: 2012-12-30 - Updated: 2012-12-31 - 1615 words

?Blocked
Chapter 4
*]
[*Wolf

[**]
--------------

"Whatever,get in here",I said.He came into my apartment ,inspecting the place ,in which I had to hide my shame.I could care less before,but having someone else see it actually made me feel low.

"At least let me dry my fur first.Give me a few minutes.Help yourself to the fridge,but just don't touch the beer or you'll be losing some feathers",I said.Knowing Falco,he'll probably take a beer just to be a smartass.

Of all people to show up at my door,Falco Lombardi? In all this time,we never ,ever sat down and had a chat one on one,not since ,well forever.Far as I know,Fox doesn't know that the two of us have had a ...'history together',or to be blunt ,we use to run with the same gang,the Shades.Named after the fact that no one could ever catch us doing anything ever.

Lombardi had moved up from drug dealing to smuggling,which was my trade.The only thing I could do well was fly ,I passed flight school with flying colors.Went through a lot of shit to pay for it, loan sharks and stuff I don't wanna think about,but I did it and I did damn good.The smuggling thing really helped out,but it was suppose to be temporary.I had a dream to be the best damn pilot the Lylat system ever saw.

Just like the man who trained me,James McCloud.

Who also ruined my life.

After the war,it's not like the world knew I flew with Andross,that was classified .But I still couldn't get a job anyway.Why?

Who the fuck would hire a pilot with one eye? And the shame of going to the damn county office and knowing all I would ever be was a useless cripple when I was a damn ace pilot.
So I took online college courses and earned degree that's completely useless to me.Even with the cybernetic eye implant,people didn't trust it like a set of regular eyes,even if I could see better than everyone else in the room.They just couldn't see past it.I went back to smuggling and I felt like I was worth something.That's when I met the bird.

I went in the bathroom and dried as much of my fur as I could with a towel,brushing my forearms,neck,hair and face so I wouldn't look too unkempt.

"Eh,you got your old hair style back now?Don't you think it's a bit,you know,juvenile?",Falco asked.

"I don't exactly want it to be obvious that I,you know,got one fuckin' eye.The eye patch is to obvious if I'm tryna lye low",I said.

"Hey,I'm sorry,no need to get aggressive.It's just a joke",he said.

"Wasn't a joke when I had to retrain myself to do everything half blind",I said killing the mood,not that I care.

"Right...",he said,sipping off the beer I specifically told him not to touch.I glared at him as he kicked his feet up on my coffee table.

"Don't bitch at the table,you and I both know it's a piece of shit",he muttered and slid the other beer over to me.I shrugged and kicked my feet up on the table too,ignoring the creaking sound it made.It really is a piece of shit.

"Whatever,just means I'll buy a new one",I said.

"Or steal one",he answered.

"Nah, but I'll pick one up if I happen to see it",I said.After all that shit with the Aparoids almost killing us all,can I really take from people who have nothing to spare?After so much damage is done,how can I go back and make it worse? I can still see the parts of Corneria City that are ruined.Besides,having a clean slate means a chance to start over.Starwolf weren't the only ones to get our bounties cleared there were others,but some of them slid right back into the criminal underworld because that's what they've always been doing or because not so crooked civilians won't except them.Me personally, I would like to live clean or at least try .I really don't wanna go back to jail.

"Fine",he said,and he turned back to the holo screen ,which I had forgotten was on.It was just the same old depressing reports of deaths and relief efforts and missing people reports.

"Fox told you where I was staying?",I asked.

"Al's sister works at the county office",he said.Al was some gator we use to know way back
when and he specialized in finding any and everybody.According to him,there's always a trail.For some reason his sister was a cute bunny.Found out that if you pair up with something that didn't look like you,the kids come out as one or the other and colors will be off.

I have a feeling that I'll be seeing Al again soon.

"So who'd you fuck,Al or his sister?",I asked,jokingly.

"Both",he said.I just stared at him and he laughed.

"Just fuckin' with you,I'm on good terms with Al after that incident",he said.

"Mmhm",I said,sipping my beer.

I knew not to bring up 'the incident'.The incident was what turned the bird and I against each other in the first place.I never really forgave him for it.

"You know....Fox didn't just stop callin' you for no reason",he said,his eyes on his beer.

"He got into some shit on Titania .Ask Leon about it",he said.I paused.

For a moment I almost tricked myself into thinking he cared.But what happened earlier told me everything I needed to know .

"And I should care,why? ",I said.Falcon shook his head, a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, you're still the same Wolf we all know and love ",he said.

"Fuck you too ",I said.

"A lot went down while you were gone.Sargasso just fell to shit, Starfox is over and Krystal and Fox broke it off.Not to mention Valentine's is closed for good.Miss Valentine passed ",he said.I nodded.

"Where did they bury her?", I asked.

"Took her back to Zoness where she belongs ",he said.

"Hm, always thought she was Cornerian ",I said.

"You not worried about Foxy? ", he asked.

"Fuck him, ain't no better than his damn dad ",I said.I meant it too.

"Listen, James was --

"A piece of shit like this coffee table ",I said.I could tell that Falco was trying not to laugh.

"James was overrated.Awesome pilot but a shitty dad.Ask Fox, he'll tell you.Loved his son but loved the sky more ",Falco said.

"That explains a lot.McCloud has daddy issues ",I said.It did explain a lot.The way he clung to Peppy proves it.

"Don't it?",Falco said ,chuckling,I did the same.When we finally settled ,there was a silence.

"Everyone's worried about you ,Wolf.Leon says you don't return his calls",Falco said.

"What ,are you his bitch now?",I asked.

"No...I'm just concerned because somebody needs to keep an eye on you",he said.

"So that's it,spy on me",I said.

"No,I'm not after you,it's just that I know you well enough to know how you think.You're worried about how you ended up in prison and instead of leading a normal life,you'll try to get revenge.It's your style",Falco said.Finally,he's getting to the point.

"Yeah,so what if I am?",I said.

"Fox didn't do it,if that's what you're thinking",he said,not looking at me.In an instant ,I felt a surge of anger run through me,anger I didn't even know was there.I got up and slammed the glass bottle against the wall.

"If he wasn't tryna play fuckin' superman,I would've never been in jail! He shot me out of the damn sky and that's how I how I got caught!",I growled.Falco pretended not to be phased,but I know he was shaken because when he is,he doesn't move and inch.

"Alright,but don't say I didn't warn you.If you come after Fox,you're a dead man",he said.

And just like a friendly chat turned into a dangerous situation.

"I guess I better the carrots then,Pheasant stew sounds good",he said.

"And that silver fur'll make a nice coat",he said.

"Get outta my house",I said,calmly.He got up from his seat slowly,slower than he needed too.

"Thanks for the beer",he said,finishing the bottle.

"Didn't I just tell you to leave?",I warned.

"Fine,fine,I'm out.But you owe me for takin' care of those street punks tryna rob you near the restaurant.They were a bunch of pussies ",Falco said.For a moment,I don't know how to react.Finally,I shut the door in his face and locked it.Thanking him didn't seem appropriate.

It was then that my communicator started beeping and I answered it.

It was Fox.

I growled and damn near threw my communicator,but I stopped myself.

"Wolf,I need you to meet me at Jack's Corner .I need to talk to you about something really,really important.I don't give a shit how mad you are,just do it.Now",he said.

-------------------

Next chapter done! Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Sign up to rate and review this story