Categories > Books > Cirque du Freak > Give Me Love (A Gavner Purl Love Story)

Give Me Love (A Gavner Purl Love Story)

by gavnersboxers 0 reviews

Alaska Jai is a shy, smart girl, but when the loud and popular Gavner Purl comes into her life and they start falling deeply in love, will he be able to bring Alaska out of her shell and stretch he...

Category: Cirque du Freak - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Evra Von - Published: 2012-12-28 - Updated: 2012-12-28 - 660 words

0Unrated
"Give a little time to me or burn this out. We'll play hide and seek to turn this around. All I want is the taste that your lips allow. My my my my give me love." I sang, my voice crisp and clear as my hands played the instrument that I was a prodigy at, giving me the advantage of putting people under a trance. My voice was famous where I came from, which was the Cirque du Freak. I was merely a helper, helping during the show and singing outside of the tent after the performance with my guitar case open, hoping to earn a few extra dollars for the Cirque. Besides the fact that I felt superior when I sang, I was a shy and awkward girl. I never really talked to people, besides my only friends at the Cirque, Sabrina, Mai, and Mai's mate, Evra. Honestly, they were the only people I needed.

The show that was occuring tonight was somewhat important, because one of the performers, Larten Crepsley, had two of his friends coming. I knew that Larten was a vampire, but no one knows that I know. Accedently listening in on a conversation that took place between him and his assistant, Darren, I learned more about the two than I cared to know. I suspect that the two that come tonight will also be vampires.

I sighed, putting my guitar against the tent wall and began to make my way to the mass of people scurrying to get ready for tonight's show. "Hey, Evra, what do you want me to do?" I called out. The snake-boys head turned towards me and smiled.

"Nothing. Mr. Tall says your being a waiter today." My eyes almost bulged out of my head.

"Really?! Why?" Still smiling, Evra shrugged. "Do you know where Mai and Sabrina are?"

"In Sabrina's tent, getting ready." I nodded a quick thank you, and jogged off to find my two best friends.

"Bitches, I'm here!" I strutted into their tent. Sabrina rolled her eyes, and Mai smiled.

"So I heard you're on servant duty!" Sabrina teased. I stuck out my tongue.

"Yeah... I am... So what are you guys doing?" I looked around at the mass of clothes and make-up.

"Getting ready for tonight!" Mai told me. I looked at them both with a look of disgust.

"You're doing it wrong." I ran over to them, taking over the make-over.

Before walking out of the tent, we looked each other up and down.

We were basically all wearing the same thing- cutoff bluejeans, worn out Converse, and simple T-Shirts. Mai's said "Proud to Be a Bitch", Sabrina's was a Conor Maynard signed tour shirt, and mine was a design of a trebel clef and a bass clef forming a heart. Mai's shoulder-length brown hair was in a braid, Sabrina's light brown hair was straightened, and my dark brown hair was left in its usual curly shape, hiding the thick black glasses that framed my face.

"Let's do this, poo!" Mai linked her arms with both of ours, and off we went.

I stood at the tent opening, greeting the guests and collecting tickets, nodding instead of speaking in fear of stumbling over my words.

Two men walked up, both looking extremely strong and scarred. One had green hair, the other had brown. The man with the green hair handed me his ticket without even looking at me, but the man with the brown hair studied me for a bit longer; his hand lingered on the ticket at his eyes stared into mine.

My eyes widened, and I got flutters in my stomach.

"Hello." He greeted, his voice so low it sent shivers up my spine.

"H-hi." I stuttered, mentally slapping myself for my ability to fail at conversations. He smirked, then walked inside. I didn't know who he was, but I knew I wanted to see him again.

And damn, was I going to.
Sign up to rate and review this story