Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Insanity Is Catching.

From silent dreams we never wake.

by FifiFiona 1 review

Why did things always go wrong for Gerard? All he wanted was to be friends with Frank. It wasn't a crime.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-01-03 - Updated: 2013-01-03 - 2097 words

0Unrated
I am so sorry about leaving this soooo long! Things happened but I am ready to do some more writing! I used to put so much hard work into what I was writing but I sort of drifted away from it but now I’m in the mood to be more focused! If no one still reads this story it’s alright :)

High school is a hard place for the misfits. If you find high school easy then you are the one that is making it difficult for the misfits and probably very popular. Most teenagers are really selfish at that age, it's their natural instinct, and believe that the world revolves around them. They don’t take a second to take in anyone else’s feelings. Not everyone but most. That’s why there is a lot of problems with mental health for young people. They are pushed to self destruction.

Gerard and Mikey Way experienced this pain first hand because they only had each other for support. People of all ages, genders, height, etc were against them. Or at least they were blackmailed into hating them by the real bullies. Gerard regrets what this has done to Mikey. It’s Gerard’s fault that his brother is another victim of bullying. People never really took much notice of him before he moved up to high school but as soon as they heard he was Gerard’s brother, well it was a perfect reason to pick on him.

Gerard was your typical punk rock kid. The black clothes; black, long hair; eyeliner, you name it, he had it. Still, loads of other kids around the world dressed that way so why is it still acceptable to pick on him because of it? It just doesn’t make sense that the music you listen to, the way you dress or what your hairstyle is like, supposedly decides who you are. It doesn’t. Other times Gerard got picked on because he would ‘talk’ to himself. Well, that’s what the other kids said. Gerard had never noticed it himself, maybe he did it subconsciously? Either way it was no fun.

Frank had to go to a different high school because his family wanted him to go to the same school they all had gone to. It was on the other side of town and Gerard’s mom refused to travel that far everyday when there was a ‘perfectly good high school down the street.’ For the first two years of high school, Gerard spent alone. That was a very lonely and depressing time for the teenager. It wasn’t until Mikey moved up things got a bit better because he at least had one friend. The two brothers, the two weirdoes of the school.

After school is always the best time of the day both brothers but for Gerard it meant getting to see Frank. They made the agreement, the summer before starting high school, that everyday after school they would meet at this deserted park. This place was always empty so they would never get caught together. Over the last few years Gerard made a great effort, with help from Mikey, to keep Frank a secret from his mom. She never really liked Frank and neither did his dad. It was just easier for everyone if they didn’t know.

Like everyday for the past 3 years. A small boy with a long black fringe, tight skinny jeans and a misfits hood, swung on the creaky, rusty swings. Frank was misunderstood because of his image, a bit like he was. The only difference was Frank was a complete bad ass so if someone gave him a hard time he wouldn’t let them walk away without a bleeding nose. Gerard ran up to him and nearly knocked Frank off the swing. They both giggled in their usual hysterics. Eventually Frank managed to push Gerard off him but still the laughing carried on.

“So, G-tard how was school today?” Frank asked smiling at the new nickname that was definitely going to stick.

“What, are you my mom or something? And don’t call me that!” Gerard jokingly nudged Frank’s arm. “It was kind of shit but you know the usual assholes that roam the corridors like they are invincible.” Frank had heard about the horrible things that people did to both Gerard and Mikey and felt awful because there was so little he could do. “Whatever though…” It pained Frank even more when Gerard did nothing to stop it. The boy was so convinced that if he just tried to ignore the problem it would go away but Frank was sure that Gerard knew this wouldn’t stop until he told someone. Still, Gerard wouldn’t because he was scared.

The rain suddenly battered down on them. “My mom’s working tonight so you can come back to mine.” Gerard suggested. The rain was plummeting down that Frank had no objections. Gerard’s house was pretty close from the park. About a 10 minutes walk but you could definitely make it in 5 if you ran.

“Right, so we could watch V for Vendetta, Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Scream?” Gerard rummaged through the large stack of DVDs in his room picking out his favourites. Gerard’s room was pretty messy but then again Gerard was a messy person. Books and CDs were spread across the floor with a dusting of comic books.

“Hmmmm I feel like watching Scream.” Frank pointed at the DVD with a white mask on it. Gerard nodded in agreement. They both sat up on the bed closely. “So what time did you say your mom would be home?”

“She said she wouldn’t be home till like 8 or 9 cause she had to go to a big meeting or something. Now ssshhh I want to watch the movie!” Frank jokingly looked offended before finally resting his eyes upon the TV screen and watched the movie.

Just as the masked man was about to jump out from behind the door Gerard’s door swung open to reveal someone standing right there. Gerard and Frank almost passed out from fright.

“Gerard stop screaming!” A woman said stern fully. Frank looked at him wondering who it was.

“Mom why are you home so early?” Gerard felt himself sweating because he knew that he wasn’t allowed to see Frank anymore and he would now definitely be in loads of trouble for lying to them.

“The meeting finished early. Dinner is about ready so turn off the movie and come downstairs please.”

“Do you mind if Frank stays?” Gerard’s mom stood completely still making sure what she thought Gerard had said, he actually did say. She looked really nervous and her eyes started to turn red and bleed tears. “Mom? I know I wasn’t supposed to play with Frank but he’s my best friend! You couldn’t expect me to just leave him!”

“Gerard come downstairs now! We need to talk! And leave Frank up here for a little while.” His mom started downstairs and found her husband sitting in the living room reading a newspaper. “James we have a problem with Gerard.” Gerard’s dad looked up confused as to what on earth they had to worry about. “Frank is in the house…” She broke into tears so her husband wrapped his arms around her comfortingly before going over to the phone.

Gerard sulkily walked Frank downstairs because Frank said he should probably leave. “I’m sorry for causing any problems between you and your parents.” Frank seemed so upset with what had happened in the last hour and left before Gerard could tell him it wasn’t his fault.

Sitting in the living room, his mom and dad looked at each other with a very serious look like I had committed the most terrible crime. “I don’t get what the big deal is, he’s my friend. It’s not like we go out doing drugs or murdering people. WE WATCH MOVIES!” Gerard was so angry he couldn’t control the volume of his voice. His mom burst into tears which made him feel really guilty for getting so mad.

A car pulled up in their drive way so Gerard walked over to the window to see who it was. Gerard did not recognise this man at all. He wore a long brown trench coat, had grey hair (maybe in his late50s) and carried a briefcase. The man rang the doorbell.

“Don’t worry Angela I’ll get it.” Gerard’s dad offered so that his mom could try and compose herself. Gerard was so confused! He thought he was getting into loads of trouble but instead they invited someone over.

James and the unknown man came into the living room. “This is Gerard.” His dad pointed the man towards him.

“Ahh Gerard, I’m Dr Thomas Walters but you can call me Tom.” The man stared down at him with a smile across his face and his glasses hanging off the end of his nose. Tom stuck his hand out gesturing for Gerard to shake it. Gerard didn’t know how to respond. He had so many questions to ask but he didn’t know where to start. Why wasn’t he getting into trouble? Why is there doctor in his house? Who is he here to see? Gerard? Mikey?

“It’s nice to meet you… Tom…” Gerard was unsure what else to say so he shook the doctor’s hand. Tom seemed pleased with this introduction.

“I guess you’re wondering why I am here?” Yes. “And you would rather not be here talking to an old man?” Yes. “But the thing is there are a few questions I need to ask you, is that ok?” Gerard nodded. The doctor instructed Gerard to take a seat and ushered his parents out of the room so they could have some privacy. “Right so lets start with talking about your friend.”

“Which friend? Do you mean Frank? Is that why you’re here? Well it doesn’t even matter because I’m not allowed to see Frank anymore. My mom and dad don’t like him and I don’t know why! He has helped me so much but they just hate him!”

Gerard started to feel a little weird. He felt like this was quickly turning into a therapy session and Gerard didn’t need therapy he needed to go do his homework because he had loads to do. The last thing he needed at the moment was detention.

“I’m sure they like him but they want what’s best for you.” Gerard shrugged his shoulders hoping that if he didn’t respond the doctor would soon get bored and leave him alone. “I guess you just want to know what is going on, Gerard? Well, I’m going to take you into hospital just to run a few tests and make sure everything is ok. Are you alright with that Gerard?”

WHAT? Gerard started to have a panic attack. He was screaming for his parents to come back through and for the doctor to leave. “WHY ARE YOU TAKING ME TO HOSPITAL? I DON’T NEED TO GO TO HOSPITAL! LEAVE ME ALONE!” Gerard tried to escape from the living room but his dad stopped him.

Gerard felt betrayed by his own father. “Gerard, your mom and I will be there the whole time. We think you should go into hospital just to make sure everything is ok.”

Gerard wanted to scream at everyone. They needed to stop saying ‘ok’ because things were not ‘ok’ they were shit! Since Gerard was a little kid he hated hospitals because you are likely to jabbed with loads of needles which didn’t please him. Mikey stood at the bottom of the stairs listening to everything that had been said. He felt terrible about telling Gerard to hide Frank. Now he was older he sort of understands it wasn’t a good idea.

Gerard gave up and walked towards their family car. Mikey waved him goodbye and mouthed a sorry. This made Gerard even more confused. Mikey didn’t need to apologies, he hadn’t done anything. At that moment the only person he wanted to talk to was Frank because he would make it all better.

Ohh I wonder what happens! :O Haha I know what happens :P If you actually read this thank you for being awesome. And please R&R…
Sign up to rate and review this story