Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Heart can Only Break so Much

There is no Cure for a Broken Heart

by tmbfucks 2 reviews

It's okay. Mummy's got you.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-01-03 - Updated: 2013-01-04 - 1276 words

0Unrated
I just stared at him for a while. Expressionless, no matter how much I was screaming on the inside. I was just trying to take it all in. I was trying to look for similarities between us. Maybe our ears are the same, but I think all ears look the same depending on the earlobe. Probably our cheekbones. They’re quite similar. And I suppose I have a similar hair colour to him. But this can’t be happening. It’s not fair. None of this ever was. Now I was just holding back tears.

‘Penina? Sweetie, I’m sorry. Please say something.’ Mikey begged. I could barely feel anything though. I was completely numb. I pulled away from him when he tried to comfort me. I walked to the front door, and Mikey followed me quickly. I grabbed my handbag despite his protesting, and just left. He followed me for a bit before giving up. I had no idea where I was going. A car hooted next to me. It shocked me, but it didn’t show.

‘Fuck off Mikey.’ I said angrily.

‘What’s that tall freak of nature done now?’ I heard Frank ask. I turned towards the car. Frank was there. No Jamia. No kids. Just him driving.

‘Oh. Hi Frank.’ I said.

‘Jeez. Are you okay? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. Actually, I can go further than that. You look like you are a ghost. Paler than Gerard on the Revenge tours.’ He said.

‘No. I’m not. Not that it matters. He didn’t even bother fucking telling her.’ I said kicking the nearest bin I saw. I then began crying. ‘Can you take me home please?’

‘Sure. Hope in.’ He said. I did. ‘You didn’t answer my question though. What did he do?’

‘Ruined my life.’ I answered. ‘Where’s Jamia and the kids?’

‘At home. I was just about to go get a takeout.’ He answered. ‘Do you want some?’ He asked. I shook my head.

‘That’s okay. I just really want to get home.’ I answered. My heart was too broken beyond repair. I knew no amount of food could fill it. I’ve tried doing that before though. ‘I listened to My Chemical Romance for a long time before I found out about LynZ. A couple of years perhaps. My friend showed you guys to me. To be honest, I didn’t really care about you guys, then about a year later I got really into you. Anyway, you guys stopped me from jumping out of my window so many times. I just wanted to say thanks for that.’ I told him.

‘You should give yourself more credit. It’s you who decides not to take your life. But I’m glad you haven’t killed yourself. You’re too awesome for that.’ He said. I smiled. ‘Okay, we’re here.’ He said pulling up. ‘Actually, I need to speak to Gerard. Do you have the keys? I wanna scare him.’ I giggled and nodded my head.

‘Yeah, but you’ll have to do it without me. I kinda want to take a bath right now.’ I said. He nodded his head in understanding, and unlocked the door as soon as we got there. I bought my handbag in to the bathroom and took the pill bag out of that. Then I filled a cup of cold water and put it by the bath tub which I now had run.

I clicked the lock so that no one could come in. I even put the chair under the knob of the door to make it extra hard. I stared at my pill packet. I’ve got just enough Dianette, Fluoxitine and Melatonin to do the trick. I sat down in the bath filled with water even though I was fully clothed, popped all the pills in my mouth, and drank the ice cold water I put on the side of the bath. It didn’t take long for the pills to take effect. Apart from the few screams caused by Frank scaring Gerard, I wasn’t disturbed at all. In fact, it was peaceful. I soon closed my eyes, and was engulfed in a world of darkness.

‘It’s okay. Mummy’s got you.’ I heard a vaguely familiar voice say. Someone was sticking their fingers down my throat, making me throw up, but after that, I went back into that deep sleep I’ve been longing since I found out the news. I woke up to the sounds of beeps and loud shouting.

‘Hi love, can you tell me your name?’ Someone asked. He was wearing a paramedic uniform. As simple as that question may seem, I honestly had no clue. I had no clue about anything. Well, nothing personal.

‘I… I don’t…’ I began.

‘She doesn’t know her own name?’ A woman with long black hair, and bright red lipstick asked. She looked upset. Did I know her?

‘What’s happening?’ I asked before being taken into darkness again. The next time I woke up, I knew I was in a hospital. There were nurses and doctors now. That woman I saw earlier wasn’t there. My head hurt, but my stomach did more. What the hell was going on?

‘Ah, I see you’ve woken up. How are you feeling?’ One of the doctors asked me.

‘I’m not sure. My head and stomach hurts.’ I answered.

‘Well, that’s only natural. You’re lucky you’re not dead.’ He said.

‘Dead? Why would I be dead?’ I asked in panic.

‘You don’t remember?’ He asked.

‘I don’t even remember my own name. I can’t remember anything about myself.’ I answered.

‘Well, your mother just told me everything…’ He started.

‘My mum? Is she the one with the big red lips?’ I asked. He giggled. Why was he so cheery if I nearly died?

‘If you want to put it like that, then yes. You honestly remember nothing?’ He asked.

‘I’m being serious. What the hell is going on, and why did I almost die?’ I asked.

‘I should get your mother in here.’ He said before opening the door. He did this weird nod thing, and the woman came in again, followed by a man with bright red hair.

‘Oh Penina. Thank god you’re okay. I don’t know what I’d have done if you took…’ She began.

‘Whoa LynZ. Just take a deep breath. Penina, are you alright? Don’t you ever do that again okay?’ The man with the red hair said, giving me a tight hug.

‘Who are you guys? What’s a Penina? Is it some sort of expression?’ I asked.

‘What?’ The woman who I took was LynZ asked.

‘That’s exactly what I want to know.’ I told her.

‘Penina is your name. I’m your mother.’ She said clasping her mouth. She began sobbing. What the hell is going on?

Hey guys! The last bit of this chapter, and basically the rest of the fic will be loosely based off Kat Got Your Tongue by Lee Weatherly. She's written some of the best books ever. They made me cry of sadness and happiness. I think my favourite was probably Missing Abby. Her plots are clever and awesome and yeah... So, I don't know if you can get amnesia from taking too many pills, but please let me know. If not, well, it's a fanfic. Deal with it's fictionality. Haha. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter! Rate and review please! :D xx
Sign up to rate and review this story