Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Chemical West Side Story

Chapter Four

by HannahIero 1 review

The boys form a war council and determine the rules for the big rumble. Pete has a super sassy scene.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-01-06 - Updated: 2013-01-06 - 1431 words

0Unrated
"You know he has a mother. Also a father." Pete said, climbing up the stairs to the roof of the apartment alongside Ray, followed by Pepe, Indio, Chino, Consuelo, and Rosalia.
"They do not know this country any better than he does." Ray said sternly.
"Boys here are free to have fun. He is in America now!"
"Puerto Rico is in America now!"
"Ai!" Pete exclaimed in disgust, as they walked out onto the roof, "Sometimes I don't know which is thicker. Your skull or your accent."
"Vamanos, muchachos." Ray said, addressing the gang. Everyone stood at attention.
"Oh, let them wait. Is Frank alright?" Chino asked.
"I should be so alright!" Pete exclaimed.
"And it will not happen again. Pepe, Indio!" Ray said. "After tonight, things will be settled."
"First settle your stomach." Pete cooed, running his fingers through Ray's curly fro.
"Never mind my stomach."
"Well I mind your nose and your head broken."
"Broken?!" Exclaimed Consuelo and Rosalia.
"Sure. They use Frank as an excuse to start World War III." Pete sighed, leaning against the rafters of the building.
"It is more than that." Ray growled.
"More than what? He was only dancing."
"With an American. Who is really a Polack."
"Says the Spic."
"You are not so cute." 
"That Gerard is!" Rosalia chimed in.
"And he works!" Consuelo added.
"A delivery boy." Chino said curtly, rolling his eyes.
"And what are you?" Pete said, in the same tone.
"An assistant!"
"Si. And Chino makes half of what the Polack makes." Ray said.
"Oh, here comes the whole commercial!" Pete exclaimed. "Your mother's a Pole, your father's a Swede, but you were born here, that's all that you need! You are an American! But us? Foreigners!"
"Lice! Cockroaches!" Everyone shouted in unison. 
"Hey, but it's true!" Ray said angrily. "When I think of how I thought it would be for us here...we came, believing like children..."
"Trusting with our hearts open! With our arms open!" Pete exclaimed melodramatically.
"You came with your pants open." Ray said, rolling his eyes. Pete scoffed and smacked his ass.
"You leave me alone. At least I let---Once an immigrant, always an immigrant!"
"Look! Instead of a shampoo he's been brainwashed! He's given up Puerto Rico and now he's queer for Uncle Sam!"
"Oh, that's not true." Pete mock-cooed. "You know I'm only queer for you." He giggled and Ray laughed, rolling his eyes.
------------------------------------------------------

The atmosphere at Doc's drugstore was tense, jumpy. Baby John and Riff were  reading a comic book; Diesel was playing solitaire; Jen, Velma, and their friend Jade were sitting on the counter of the bar, giggling and gossiping; and Action and Anybody's were leaning awkwardly against the jukebox, trying their hardest not to look at each other. Action stared fiercely at the street door, then got up and threw a dart at the dart board, savagely, hitting the bull's eye and nearly knocking the board off the wall.
"Where the devil are they?! Are we havin' a war council tonight or ain't we?!" She exclaimed.
"He don't use knives. He don't even use an atomic ray gun."
"Who?!"
"Superman. Gee, I love him."
"So marry him." Action said, rolling her eyes and twirling a toothpick between her teeth.
"I ain't never gonna get married: too noisy." Anybody's said.
"You ain't never gonna get married: too ugly." Diesel said, causing everyone in the room to laugh but Action and Anybody's, whose faces turned red.
"Pow! Pow!" Action exclaimed, "shooting" him.
"Cracko, jacko!" He exclaimed, clutching his belly. "Down goes a teenage hoodlum."
Anybody's giggled and smiled at Action, who was trying to hide the fact that she was smiling and blushing.
"Could a zip gun make you do like that?" Baby John asked, awed.
Snowboy, whose real name was Ryan, slammed into the room, breathless.
"What the hell's the matter with you?!" Action asked.
"I got caught sneakin' outta the movies." He panted, leaning against the counter and wrapping an arm around his girlfriend, Jade.
"Sneakin' out? Whatcha do that for?"
"I snuck in."
"A war council comin' up and you go to the damn movies." Action sighed, shaking her head.
"And you let him be a Jet!" Anybody's whined, pouting and putting a dime in the jukebox.
"Ah, go walk the streets like ya sister." Baby John muttered, putting down his comic book.
Anybody's jumped him, her fists swinging wildly left and right, but Action grabbed her waist and held her back.
"Listen, punk, I licked you twice and I can do it again!" Anybody's shouted angrily, spitting on him.
Doc walked in from the cellar and sat down at a table near the jukebox. "Curfew, gentlemen. And ladies. Baby John, you should be home in bed."
"We're gonna have a war council here tonight, Doc." Baby John explained.
"A who?"
"To determine weapons for a big-time rumble!" Action said, punching and kicking the air. "We're gonna mix with the PRs!"
"Weapons? You couldn't play basketball?"
"Get with it, buddy boy." Anybody's said, trying to get closer to Action.
"War councils-"
"Don't start, Doc." Action said warningly.
"Rumbles..."
"Doc-"
"Why, when I was your age-"
"When you was my age, when my old man was my age, when my brother was my age! You was never my age, none o' ya! The sooner you creeps get hip to that, the sooner you'll dig us."
"I'll dig you an early grave, that's what I'll dig."
"They're comin' any minute now!" Diesel exclaimed.
"Chung! Chung!" Action exclaimed. "Cracko, jacko!"
"Ooblee-oo." Velma said.
"Cool!" Riff exclaimed sharply.
"Riff, in a tight spot, you need every man you can-" Anybody's started.
"No."
"An American tragedy." Jen said, indicating Anybody's to Velma.
"Pow." Anybody's said weakly, obviously a bit hurt, "shooting" her.
"Oh, poo."
"Ooblee-poo." Velma said, and she, Jen, and Jade giggled.
"Now when the victims come in, you chicks cut out." Riff said, looking particularly at Velma.
"We might, and then again, we might not."
"This ain't kid's stuff, Velma."
"I, Jade, and Jen ain't kid's stuff neither. Are we, Jen?"
"No thank you, ooh, ooblee-ooh."
"And you can punctuate it!"
"Ooh!" Jen added, and they giggled again.
"Ah, what are we poopin' around with dumb broads for?" Action scoffed, throwing another dart.
"We ain't dumb!" Jade exclaimed.
"Well we got important business comin'."
"Makin' trouble for the Puerto Ricans?" Doc asked wearily.
"They make trouble for us!"
"To you, trouble is a relief!"
"We've got to stand up to the PRs, Doc. It's important." Riff said.
"Fightin' over a little piece o' street is important?"
"To us, it is." Action said.
"To hoodlums, it is." Doc said, before going back into the cellar. 
"Hey, who you callin' a hoodlum?!" Action exclaimed, lunging after him. Riff grabbed her and held her back.
"Easy, Action. Save your steam for the rumble."
Suddenly, the sound of the doorbell tinkling set everyone on edge. They all turned to look as Ray, Chino, Pepe, and Indio entered one by one. Riff patted Velma on the back, signaling for her, Jen, and Jade to exit. Anybody's lingered, giving Riff a pleading look. He motioned for her to cut out, and she did, pushing through the Sharks like a big man.
"Let's get down to business." Ray said, pulling up a chair and sitting across from Riff.
"We challenge you to a rumble." Riff said. "All-out, once and for all. Accept?"
"On what terms?"
"Whatever terms you're callin', buddy boy."
"We accept!"
"Time?"
"Tomorrow."
"The river."
"Under the highway." Ray said, and they shook hands.
"Weapons?"
"Weapons..."
"You call."
"Your challenge."
"Afraid to call?"
"Sticks."
"Rocks."
"Poles."
"Cans."
"Bricks."
"Bats."
"Clubs."
"Bottles, knives, guns!" Gerard cried, coming up from where he had been listening in the cellar. "What a coop full of chickens!"
"Every dog knows his own." Ray said with a smirk.
"I'm callin' all of you chicken. A rumble can be clinched by a fair fight, if you've got the guts to risk that. Best man from each gang to slug it out."
"I'd enjoy to risk that." Ray said. "Okay, fair fight!"
"What?!" Pepe asked.
"No!" Action exclaimed.
"The commanders say yes or no." Riff reminded them. "Fair fight." He said, shaking hands with Ray.
Ray stood up and glared at Gerard. "In two minutes, you will be like a fish after skinning."
"Your best man fights our best man. And we pick 'im." Riff said, clapping Diesel on the shoulder.
A/N Sorry this chapter was so long and lacking of Frerard romance! I promise the next chapter will be über fluffy.
Sign up to rate and review this story