Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Interlude

Here To Stay

by IndiaGirl 1 review

It all moved pretty fast from that moment on.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-01-10 - Updated: 2013-01-10 - 552 words

1Moving
Another short chapter c: R&R for more, would be appreciated c:


I scrambled downstairs in the direction of the shrill noise, and almost wished I hadn’t. When I reached the bottom of the stairs and skidded out into the porch, the door was wide open and Mikey was lied on the grass, alongside Frankie, who looked like he was lied over him, protectively.

I later found out that as the car had been screeching to a halt Mikey had been wandering out of the front door and towards the road, in a dreamy, bouncy state, as he was usually in. Frank was coming from his house, over to see Gerard, and as soon as the squealing tires pierced his eardrums he leapt forward and shoved Mikey to the grass, shielding himself over him.
I think it was at this point that Mikey decided he liked Frank.

There wasn’t really any blood anywhere that I could see, until I ripped my gaze from my best friend, and my brother, and noticed the smashed up car across the road. The car looked familiar, and that was because it was familiar. Very familiar.
The car belonged to my parents.

It all moved pretty fast from that moment on.

An ambulance turned up and started up their power tools, trying to wrench our lifeless parents from the shattered shell of a car. I hadn’t shed a tear as of yet because I was frozen, frozen where I was stood, my fists and jaw clenched, as I watched. Mikey was howling and screaming, holding his little arms out for my comfort and receiving none. His cheeks were wet and stained with tears and as the police cars arrived, his tears got larger and profusely worse.

Frankie was clinging onto him and watching, shouting out for his parents and very obviously receiving no inherent reply. The large, uniformed men tried to pull him back but he was strong for a nine year old, and particularly crafty, wriggling from their grip. They bundled us into a police car, and Mikey was still screeching, crawling into my lap and clinging onto me.

We were kept at the police station for at least half an hour, since we couldn’t go to Frankie’s – his parents were supposed to be going out with my parents, and Frankie was just making his way over when it happened, and – they had been caught up in it. We were then escorted home and told to pack a small bag of personal items, where Mikey insisted on taking every single one of his toy horses.

He was declined and instead forced to take some clothes, and he was permitted Henrietta, his favourite pony. I took some sketchbooks and some pencils, and very little else. We were then carted away, Mikey and Frank both crying simultaneously, to an orphanage, where I undoubtedly thought I would be spending the rest of my days.

I was assigned to a room with my little brother and two other boys, both around my age.
Mikey spent that entire night in my bed and God knows what Frankie had done all night.
I could hear gentle sobbing the entire night but considering we were in an orphanage it could have been anyone.. Or maybe it was me.
Sign up to rate and review this story