Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Tsunade's New Genin Days

Chapter 1

by Crocodile-Kuro 0 reviews

Letting curiosity get the better of her, Tsunade activates a forbidden jutsu that has unexpected side effects. Now replacing Sakura in the time when Team 7 was first formed and regressed to age 13,...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Tsunade - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-01-12 - Updated: 2013-01-13 - 1829 words

5Original
"Done, finally," Tsunade groaned as she put her pen down.

Shizune, her assistant, grabbed the papers on Tsunade's desk and said, "Not yet, Lady Tsunade; there are more papers on my desk that just arrived. I'll get them for you."

"What? How the hell did that happen?"

"There are things beyond our control, Lady Tsunade. Unfortunately, one of them is the amount of paperwork the Hokage has to deal with."

"Still, couldn't they cut me a break every once in a while? It's hard to keep up with everything."

"I'll be the first to admit it's a lot of work, but it couldn't hurt you to act a little more mature. The way you sound now, I could swear you were a little kid."

"Fine, I get it. Just get the damn papers in here."

"Right away, milady."

Shizune shuffled out of the room, Tonton close behind, leaving Tsunade alone to lament over her fate. "This is the hardest job I've ever had, even harder than being a medic-nin."

Before she could lament further, Tsunade heard a knocking on the door. Calming herself, Tsunade said, "Come in." She watched as her second apprentice, Sakura Haruno, walked in with a polite smile.

"Good morning, Tsunade-sensei. I'm just here to drop off the hospital records from the last week."

"Thank you, Sakura."

Noticing a slightly depressed look in her eyes, Sakura asked, "Is something wrong, Tsunade-sensei?"

"I'm just feeling my age catch up to me," Tsunade replied. "Right now, I feel like I would do anything to go back to when I was starting out as a shinobi again."

"Tsunade-sensei," Sakura started to say before getting interrupted by Tsunade. "Don't worry, Sakura, I'll get over it. It'll happen to you when you get older, as well."

"Hopefully, that won't be anytime soon," Sakura said jokingly. "I've only been a shinobi four years ago today, and I want to have at least thirty more years before I start feeling like that."

"You're lucky enough to be so young, Sakura. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like some time to myself before Shizune gets back with more paperwork."

"Okay, Tsunade-sensei. Please feel better," Sakura said as she politely bowed and walked out of Tsunade's office.

Tsunade sighed as she looked over the reports Sakura had compiled. "Four years ago today, huh? Sakura sure has made leaps and bounds since then. If these reports show me anything, it's that she's become a wonderful medic-nin in that short amount of time."

Tsunade put the reports down and wandered over to the safe that held Konoha's greatest treasures. Opening it, she took out a scroll that contained forbidden jutsu and opened it to read its contents to kill time. She chuckled slightly at the first jutsu to appear. "The Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu. If this had stayed a secret from Naruto, how much would things have changed?"

After reading about a few more jutsu, she paused when she came across a jutsu that caught her interest. "What's this? 'This jutsu can make its user live a different life than they have now?'" Forgetting that this jutsu had been forbidden for a reason, Tsunade read the instructions. "Let's see, 'Simply think of the scenario and execute the hand signs to witness an unforgettable experience.'"

Tsunade felt the urge to try it out, but remembered her sensei, Hiruzen Sarutobi, warning her, Jiraiya and Orochimaru not to meddle with the jutsu in the scroll, as they were forbidden for a reason. "I know he said that, but why would Sarutobi-sensei make this jutsu forbidden? It seems like an interesting jutsu. Besides, I think it'd be interesting to see the progress Sakura made to reach her current level."

Thinking back to her conversation with Sakura, Tsunade thought about the day Sakura was assigned her genin team and made the hand signs. Just then, Shizune walked back in the office. "Lady Tsunade, I have the…Milady, what are you doing?"

Before Tsunade could answer, a bright light shone from the scroll. As it seceded, Shizune was about to ask what had happened, but Tsunade suddenly felt dizzy and fell to the ground. The last thing she heard before she lost consciousness was Shizune running over and screaming, "Lady Tsunade! La…Tsun…ease wake u…"

"…La…ake u…"

"…"

"…ke up…"

"…ade, wa…ow…"

Tsunade started to slowly open her eyes and thought, "What the hell happened?"

Before she could think about it further, she heard a man's voice yell, "Tsunade, get the hell up now!"

Shooting strait up, Tsunade looked straight into the face of Iruka Umino, who was glaring at her with a serious look in his eyes. "Good, I was wondering how long I'd have to yell before you finally woke up."

Getting defensive, Tsunade look at Iruka and said, "Hey, that's no way to talk to the Hokage!" She caught herself before she could continue and thought, "Wait, I sound younger than I usually do. Did I regress my transformation subconsciously?"

Iruka looked at her, confused. "Hokage? I think you've been hanging around Naruto too much."

"Hey, not cool, Iruka-sensei!" Tsunade heard Naruto shout, although he, too, sounded younger. She turned to her right and saw the blond ninja, but he was wearing the jumpsuit he wore when he convinced Tsunade to become Hokage.

Looking around, she saw the rest of Naruto's class, but they also looked younger. Shikamaru, Choji, Kiba, Hinata, Ino, Shino, even Sasuke. "Wait…Sasuke?!" Tsunade took another look at the boy seated next to her left and confirmed that it was indeed Sasuke Uchiha, staring out the window with a disinterested look on his face.

Finally, she took the time to look at herself. She looked like she was when she was thirteen, with a green kimono with pink accents covering her mesh-covered torso and dark shorts covering her upper legs. She took note of the fact that she was now sporting A-cup breasts on her chest rather than the H-cups she proudly sported as an adult. She felt her hair and found it tied up in a ponytail near the top of her head. Her face also seemed rounder, and she couldn't feel the small wrinkles that betrayed her age. "Ha…have I gone back in time? But why do I look like this? Wait, that jutsu! It said to think of the scenario I wanted. It must have sent me to the time Sakura was assigned her genin team…wait, where is Sakura? She should be here; it's her memory, after all. But if it's her memory, how come Iruka scolded me? Something's not right here."

"Hey, is something wrong, Tsunade?"

Tsunade turned to Naruto and saw him staring at her with concern. Blushing, Tsunade said, "N…no, nothing's wrong…Naruto. I've just got something on my mind, that's all."

"That's a relief! I thought you were getting sick or something," Naruto said as he flashed her a wide grin.

Tsunade turned toward the front of the room, which she now recognized as a classroom in the Academy building. "This is too weird!" she thought. "What did that jutsu do, exactly?"

"Okay," Iruka started saying, grabbing Tsunade's attention, "now that I have everyone's attention, I'm going to announce the new genin teams. First, Team 10: Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara and Choji Akimichi."

"Ehh!" Ino exclaimed as she heard her teammates' names called after her. "Why am I not on Sasuke's team?"

"Sheesh, what a drag," Shikamaru said as he saw Ino's reaction. Choji kept eating his snacks.

"Team 9 is still active, so next is Team 8: Kiba Inuzuka, Hinata Hyuga and Shino Aburame."

Tsunade thought, "Judging by the sound of it, Sakura's team is going to be announced next. Maybe I can talk to her later about what's going on."

"Next, Team 7: Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha and Tsunade Haruno."

"WHAT?!" Tsunade exclaimed out loud, when she heard her name called. Keeping to herself, Tsunade thought, "When did my last name become Haruno? That's Sakura's last name! Is this because of the jutsu as well?"

"Hey, what's the big idea sticking me with him?" Naruto shouted, pointing his finger at Sasuke.

"It's simple. To balance out the team, we decided to put the student with the highest grades with the student with the lowest grades."

"Just don't get in my way, loser," Sasuke commented, earning a glare from Naruto.

Tsunade stood from her seat and asked, "Wait, what about Sakura? Where is she?"

"Sakura?"

"You know, pink hair, red dress, green eyes."

"You mean her? No one knows, but she definitely wouldn't be part of a genin team," Iruka said, "Moving on, next is Team 6…"

Tsunade slid back down in her seat as she thought, "So Sakura's still around. That's good to know, but why isn't she here, and why am I in Naruto's class? Wait…am…am I…taking Sakura's place? That's the only explanation! That jutsu must have switched our roles! So since I'm now in Sakura's place, that means Sakura must be in mine!"

She then looked up as Iruka finished calling out the teams and said, "Okay, everyone, your genin team leader is going to be here shortly to get to know you. Until then, sit tight and be patient. Finally, I'd just like to say how proud I am of all of you. I know you'll all make great shinobi."

As soon as Iruka left, Ino stormed in front of Tsunade's seat and screamed, "I can't believe Sasuke's on your team and not mine! You better take good care of him, Washboard!"

Suddenly feeling offended, and being reminded of her now small bust size, Tsunade met Ino's glare and said, "I won't make any promises with Sasuke. As for that nickname, just wait a few years, Milk-Jugs; I'll have you crying yourself to sleep!"

"Ha! Don't make me laugh; a flat-chested little girl like you won't be able to match my beauty in a hundred years." With that, Ino walked off as seductively as possible.

Sitting back down, Tsunade suddenly realized what she had done. "Why did I get offended so easily? It's like when Jiraiya would tease me. I wonder, is that the only thing that changed?" Taking a deep breath, she tried concentrating her chakra to her hands. She succeeded, but it wasn't as smooth or effective as she would have liked. "It seems my chakra control is back to what it was at 13. That means I'll have to relearn all the medical jutsu I developed."

"Hey, Tsunade," she heard Naruto say. Turning to him, Naruto asked, "What's with your hands? They turned green for a sec, there."

Tsunade said, "It's, uh…just a hobby I'm working on."

As Naruto sat back in his seat, Tsunade thought to herself, "I have to find a way to get back to my own world. Until then, I guess I have to be Naruto's teammate and try to find Sakura. This is going to be the craziest adventure of my life."
Sign up to rate and review this story