Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean

Love Lost?

by SSidle 2 reviews

Is Elizabeth willing to sacrifice her love for one to make life easier for another?

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Elizabeth, Jack, Will - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-28 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 278 words - Complete

0Unrated
The way to love anything
is to realize that it might be lost.

- G. K. Chesterton -

I realized long ago that I was, as Jack said, curious. But it wasn't until I had to leave him at the mercy of the kraken that I might have felt more for the eccentric pirate. It hit me like a ton of bricks. There was no way I could ever feel that way for Jack, I loved Will. Of course I did, until I tasted freedom and the life jack could give me. But I was forced to give it all up to save the rest of us. But now, I don't have a clue as to what to do. Jack is back, and as soon as I saw him again, all of my conflicted feeling came rushing back with a vengeance. I don't know what to do. Do I marry Will and live a safe, comfortably domestic life? Or do want more? The freedom to live as I see fit? I want Jack, that's a given. But does he want me? He has refused to allow me to see where the compass points in his hands, and he claims it is wrong for him. Where does it point? I wish I could find out. It would likely make this choice much easier. But I still don't know if I could hurt Will like that. Sure, we've been distant these past months; I know he saw me kiss Jack. But he still loves me dearly and I'm not sure I could live with breaking his heart. Love is cruel. I just hope I can work this out before it's too late.
Sign up to rate and review this story