Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 9 > A Father and Daughters Journey

Diane

by KasashiMaru 0 reviews

Just meeting the gang and getting to know the children..

Category: Final Fantasy 9 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Adelbert Steiner, Amarant Coral, Baku, Beatrix, Blank, Cinna, Doctor Tot, Eiko Carol, Freya Crescent, Garland, Garnet Til Alexandros, Hilda, Kuja, Marcus, Mikoto, Quina Quen, Regent Cid, Ruby, Sir Fratley, Vivi Ornitier, Zidane Tribal - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-07-28 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 2034 words

-1MarySue
Hi readers, this is Kasashi Maru. I love FFIX and I hope you do to since your reading this. This story is about Zidane and one of his three daughters, Diane, and his son, Zane, who look just like him. Diane is seventeen going on eighteen and wants to reunite her father's friends and travel around the world before her marriage to her boyfriend, Blank's son Jupiter. Hope you enjoy this story plz R&R.

Chapter 1: Diane

Zidane and Garnet sat behind their four adolescent children, three girls and one boy.

Diane, 17, is the oldest and strongest of her siblings. She was born a year after the death of Kuja, cheering up the people of Gaia much more. They were already happy with all the peaceful treaties and travel that had improved greatly before Dianes birth. Zidane was all too happy with the announcement of Garnets pregnancy. Diane looked identical to her father, but had her mothers healing abilities. She lacked physical strength, but proved she would be a great future ruler with her fast thinking and outgoing personality. Zidane was itching to fix this. To him she would be the next greatest bandit and he wished he was still with his buddies. Diane was interested in the Tantalus gang, but only because of a boy named Jupiter. She was head over heels for him and he was a close buddy of hers that also had a slight crush on her. Diane dressed like her father when she had free time and was dressed in elegant dresses when doing something with other nobles.

Ribbon, 15, and Alissa, 14, are the infamous snob sisters of the family. They look like Garnet and act like her to. The only difference was they didn't care about Zane, their younger brother, or the poor people of Alexandria. In short, they are both real bitchy. They like tea parties with their mother and talked mostly about cute, rich boys that constantly visited the castle to grab Diane's attention, and sometimes theirs. They were beautiful and hot tempered about certain subjects. Garnet and Zidane and decided to keep them as back-ups because they sensed they were not going to be beneficial rulers of the kingdom of Alexandria. They didn't care for anything but themselves and have no strength or magic to them. In short, they are both a complete waste of space.

Zane, 7, is the only boy in the family; well, aside from Zidane. In Baku's words, Zane is the, "The runt of the litter!" Zane is small and weak, but gets along with anybody and everybody he meets. Baku adores him, along with Diane, and acts like his grandfather. He is Zidane's favorite child, but, like Diane, lacks physical strength. Instead he has his mother's ability to summon and has an invisible blue shield that protects him from both physical and magic attacks. This only works if he is in extreme danger. He hasn't tapped all of his summons, knowing too well if one was stronger than him it would kill him instantly. He was currently being trained with daggers and trying to impress his father. He doesn't know Zidane loves him for just being the boy in the family.

They were watching "I Want to Be Your Canary" for Diane's seventeenth birthday. She was enjoying it, but her siblings were clearly annoyed. After all, they had already seen it sixteen times before.

"I've seen this play way to much!" Zidane growled at Garnet.

"It's our daughter's birthday and you'll pretend to enjoy it." She growled back a smirk hiding her annoyance.

"Oh here comes the fighting scene with Uncle Blank and his son, Jupiter." Diane said sitting up straight to catch a glimpse of the miniature version of Blank.

"Jupiter this, Jupiter that. He doesn't like you, so stop dreaming about him." Ribbon said to no one in particular.

"That's not what he said. He told me his true feelings last night." Diane said waging her tail. She looked playfully at her sister then narrowed her eyes as if to say 'you say anything more about this, and I'll hurt you.' Ribbon snorted and turned from her sister.

Alissa turned to her sister. "It was in a letter, so get your head out of your- Owww!" Alissa said receiving a swift kick in the butt from her father. She let out a whimper and rubbed her butt.

Zidane narrowed his eyes. "Don't cuss around me, young lady, or you will receive another kick." Zidane warned, lifting his foot up. Alissa turned away from him.

"Sorry PaPa." Alissa apologized ducking down.

"I could be trying on dresses and eating cake, but no I'm stuck watching a play I've seen since I was two." Ribbon complained closing her eyes.

"This is the last time I swear." Diane said trying to cheer up her siblings.

"Riiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt!" The two chorused together smugly.

Before they knew what hit them, their mother clogged them with her summoners wand she kept hidden under her seat just in case something happens. Diane and Zidane burst out in giggles as the others tried to hold back their tears. Zane looked slightly over for a second before returning to his thoughts. He was barely watching the play.

Once all settled, they watched the rest of the play and left for the outside banquet where the food was being served. Once their Zidane gave the signal to eat and everyone that was invited to the party lined up at the giant table. Diane was first and grabbed three large plates of food. She sat down on the steps near Sally, Beatrix and Steiner's daughter, and shared it with the young knight.

Sally was Diane's closest friend and they had grown up together. She was the only daughter between the captain and general. Steiner is over protective with her and trains her constantly. Her mother expects much from her daughter, but doesn't shove her to do things like her father. She has long white hair, making her parents wonder which side of the family that came off of, and looks mostly like her mother. She has her fathers scowl and frown. She also has his wide grin. She wore mostly metal armor (and kept it in better condition), except the helmet, and had a long sword always tied to her waist. She acted like the personal guard to Zane and Diane when with them. When things didn't go her way she had a tantrum like her father. This gets her teased for being like her father.

"I love that play." Diane said stating the obvious. Sally looked at her with a "No Duh" look.

"You only like that play because number one, Jupiter is in it and number two, two people die." Sally said taking a bun.

"Nooo," Diane denied. "It's because there is fighting and not just any fighting, but fighting with swords and daggers," Diane looked away for a second. "... Plus Jupiter." Diane giggled watching Sally roll her eyes.

She put her finger up and swallowed. "You and Jupiter. I swear if you weren't royalty you two would be married and have a buck load of kids!" Sally joked watching Zidane argue with Steiner, like usual. Diane watched to with a long smile.

"You know what I want to do, right?" Diane asked watching her father.

"Sadly, yes. You want to walk the path your Father took to win your mothers heart and reunite his friends." Sally said smiling, knowing her friend all to well.

"Exactly, and I'd do anything to do it." Diane said closing her eyes.

"Take me with you if you do go any where." Sally said glaring at her father.

"Why, sick of your Daddy?" Diane giggled looking at Sally with her chin propped up by her hand.

"Sick! I'm annoyed with him! Every time I want to do something fun, he has to object to it." Sally growled.

"So do it anyways. That's how her Highness got through to him." Beatrix said coming up from behind the girls. "By the way where is Zane, your Father is looking for him?"

"Over by the fountain, he was going to think by the creek." Diane said with a smile.

Sally nodded to her mother as she stepped between the two. Diane looked to her right and suddenly started laughing. Sally looked over also and started laughing loudly. Beatrix turned to see what they were laughing at and found that some random waiter had tripped and spilt red wine onto Ribbons white dress. Ribbon let out a blood curdling scream like she just got stabbed and was bleeding to death. Everybody laughed as she screamed and yelled at the poor waiter. She stomped off, crying. No one made an attempt to go after her. Beatrix shook her head, trying not to giggle and walked over to a laughing Zidane.

"Zidane, I know where Zane is?" Zidane turned to her, and smiled.

"Oh good, where is my only son." Beatrix smiled.

"Diane said he's over by the creek." Zidane nodded.

"Alright, I'll go see how he's doing." Zidane left to find his son.

Over by the creek, Zane was teaching a string a lesson for coming off his suit. He flicked and pulled it in two then threw it into the creek. Watching it float away. He was so distracted that he didn't notice his Father tip-toeing up from behind. Zidane reached for his sons sides and suddenly grabbed them.

Zane screamed losing his train of thought. "Settle down little man it's just me." Zidane comforted sitting next to Zane.

"Daddy, don't do that I could've peed myself." Zane said smiling.

"What's wrong little man, you've been acting strange lately." Zidane asked putting an arm around his son.

"Ever since my birthday a week a go, I've felt depressed. And now Diane is looking for a suitor. She barely spends time with me anymore." Zane said putting his chin on his knees.

"Are you jealous of your sisters?" Zidane asked looking around.

"No, but I just feel alone." Zane said focusing back onto the river.

"Ahhh, it's two more years before you're crowned official prince. So what do you want to do before then?" Zidane asked with a grin on his face, waiting for an answer he wanted.

"Explore just like Diane wants to." Zane said perking up. Zidane smiled and then frowned.

"You too!" Zidane sighed, "I told you and Diane that when you two are eighteen I'll take you out of the castle."

"But Papa, it's been our dream and I wanna... we wanna... learn how to be bandits, like you were in the Tantalus." Zane said standing up with a smile. "Plus, I want to go now so I can become stronger."

Zidane looked at him in surprise, but that face smoothed to an understanding smile. Zidane started giggling and hugged his son. "So adventurous, you remind me about myself when I was your age, but of course I was already an experienced bandit." Zidane said into his son's ear.

"Daddy, I do?" Zane asked laughing stupidly.

"Daddy!" Diane yelled running up to the father and son. She looked extremely happy and would burst if she kept in this happiness.

"What?" Zidane asked standing up.

"Jupiter, he wants to marry me. He just asked." Diane said as she blushed brightly and twirled around. Zidane looked at his son and saw his son was wearing a wide grin.

"That's great Sissy!" Zane said running up to his "Sissy".

Zidane thought about this for a moment. "He just asked? ...I'll permit it, but you have to promise young lady that you and your brother will train hard to become bandits." Zidane said smiling brightly.

"Do we tell mom?" Diane asked turning happily to her father.

Zidane looked shocked. "Hell no! She is not to know about this until next year, when I take you two on a journey I had to take."

"Our secret!" Diane said hugging her father. Zane hugged him too.

Zidane smiled "Our secret." He said, returning the hugs.

The kids looked at him and then left to return to the party. Zidane watched them and sighed. How was he going to keep this hidden?
Sign up to rate and review this story