Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Happily Never After

21- Terrible Things

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 4 reviews

Divorce. Custody cases. Various love interests, and...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-01-23 - Updated: 2013-01-23 - 1566 words

0Unrated
(Brendon’s POV)



Kacy let silence settle over us as she stared hard at the floor, like she was trying to burn a hole in it. A few sniffles later and she was wiping the tears from her eyes again. “Who called?” I asked, but I already had an idea of what she had just been told.

Bad timing.

“Spencer.” Kacy replied softly. “Spencer called, because I guess my address was changed to his. You did that though, so you would know. I haven’t even been gone long enough to find a new place Brendon. I wasn’t even looking for a new place.”

“Yeah but… I thought you were staying at Spencer’s. I just kind of figured.” I awkwardly replied, wondering what all Spencer told her. Was she just angry over the address change? That was something I could easily talk my way out of it but if it was more… I wasn’t so sure.

“You figured wrong.” Kacy replied. “Just because we have problems doesn’t mean I’ll run straight to him.”

“But you did!” My voice rose, though I was trying so hard to stay calm. “You did run to him Kacy! You ran straight in to his bed, so how was I to know that was a one time thing?”

“I made a mistake!” Kacy yelled back at me. “Out of the two of us, whose mistake is more unforgivable Brendon?”

“Mine.” I whispered. “But that doesn’t mean you didn’t crush me. To think of him touching you… and you liking it. Do you love him Kacy?”

This was something Kacy had toyed with, gone back and forth with. She looked uncertain, and that was enough to crush me once again. She would never be able to deny how she felt for him, and that hurt. It wasn’t fair. She was my wife, not Spencer’s.

“Yeah Brendon, I do.” Kacy finally answered but it wasn’t the answer that I wanted. “I’ve loved him for awhile now.”

“Son of a bitch.” I spit out the words, feeling my anger boil up beneath my skin. It was an awful burning sensation that made me want to rip out my hair and scream.

“You didn’t ask me to lie.” Kacy whispered. “And I don’t want to lie anymore. I don’t want to lie about anything. Spencer called about the divorce papers, and… the custody agreement you had drafted.”

The room fell silent.

I cleared my throat eventually. Neither of us were rushing in to this conversation. “It’s just paperwork. I haven’t set up a hearing… nothing is set in stone.”

“You’re trying to take my baby from me Brendon. Full custody? You aren’t even willing to go for shared custody?” Kacy’s eyes had filled with tears, but I knew they were angry tears. Anger came before sadness when it came to her, though she seemed torn between the two emotions. She sounded betrayed, and hurt… but mostly betrayed.

“He’s my son Kacy. I don’t want to share him.” I replied. “And I don’t have to. If it comes down to it I can get full custody, and you know that.”

“What about me?” Kacy asked the question in a small, vulnerable voice. She knew I had the power as far as custody was concerned. I had more money, and the means to take care of Adam… whereas she just had me. I took care of her. If I wasn’t taking care of her, then she couldn’t take care of Adam because she would have to figure out a way to take care of herself.

“I’m sure Spencer would be more than willing to share his bed with you.” I replied.

Kacy frowned. “This isn’t about him Brendon. As much as you keep trying to make it all about him… this is about us, and Adam. Don’t do this because I fucked up. Don’t do this because I fucked your friend.”

“It is about him!” I shook my head, trying desperately to keep my anger at bay. “You betrayed me Kacy. You spread your legs for some other guy, and not just some other guy… for one of my best friends.”

Kacy stood up, gaining my complete attention. With a few quick steps she stopped right in front of me. “He was there when I needed you.” She was staring directly at me, forcing me to look right back at her. “That doesn’t make it right but that’s why Brendon. You were scared, and I was scared… and Spencer was there. We can’t help the way we feel, and I can’t help that I fell in love with him. Would I ever be with him? That’s a different question. You didn’t ask me that.”

“Would you?” I whispered.

“No.” Kacy shook her head, but the look of uncertainty left her face. She looked completely sure of herself. “I wouldn’t, because I wouldn’t do that to you. I slept with him. I was weak and I needed someone. We all need someone every now and then, and we all make fucking mistakes. Sure, I’m paying for mine… and so are you, but why does Adam have to?”

All of the screaming and arguing stopped, leaving an eerie silence in the room as we both thought over that question. Why did Adam have to be the one to pay in this situation? It really wasn’t fair.

“Because I don’t want to lose you.” I finally whispered. “I don’t want to just let you walk away, and I don’t want to watch you raise my kid without me. I don’t want Adam to ask about you when you aren’t around, and I don’t want to get a phone call before bed asking for a long distance bed time story. I already get that when I’m touring Kacy. I’m already away from him too much. I’ve already missed too much, and I’ve already messed up too much so yeah, if he has to be the one to pay in this shitty situation then so be it but I won’t just let you have your way.”

Kacy’s lips trembled as she spoke. “I’m not asking for full custody here Brendon. I just don’t want you to take him from me. I don’t want to be a part time mother, but I’ll take it over not being his mother at all.”

“I’m sorry.” I shook my head. “It’s all or nothing baby, and I’m not losing this time. I might lose you but I’m not losing Adam.”

“I think you should go.” Kacy quietly requested.

“Kacy-”

“I think you should go now.” Her tone turned ice cold as she looked away from me.

My phone distracted me, and I pulled it from my pocket. “Hello?” The conversation was quick, and quite fitting for our argument.

Within seconds I was hanging up.

“Spencer to the rescue.” I whispered out loud, letting the disgust clearly show in my tone.

“What?” Kacy looked at me in confusion.

“It seems that Spencer filed for divorce for you, and he’s hired a lawyer that specializes in family law. His… Your lawyer contacted my lawyer. We have a hearing now. I’m sure Spencer will tell you all about it.” I was tightly clutching my cell phone, slightly surprised it didn’t break apart in my hand.

Kacy smiled.

She smiled?

I stared at her in confusion. “What do you find so funny?”

“Nothing.” Her smile fell, “But think it over for a second… isn’t it weird how my husband is the one attacking me using the law, and it’s Spencer that’s doing his best to protect me? And you wonder why I went running to him in the first place.”

I was so fucking angry. I was so mad. I wanted to hit the wall, to throw my phone. I was just so mad, and she was so close to me… and she shouldn’t have said that. She was intentionally pressing my buttons.

We both stood in shock seconds after the echo of skin against skin played through the room. Kacy’s lips parted, as she brought her hand up to her cheek. I stared at her, stunned.

“Shit, Kac-” I had a million apologies bubbling from between my lips but she wouldn’t give me the chance.

“I think I’ve already made too many excuses for your behavior Brendon. I won’t make anymore. Get out.” Tears had built up in her eyes.

I was just so mad, and she was … No. It wasn’t her fault. It was mine. I hit her. I hit my wife, and I wanted to do it again.

What the hell was wrong with me?





**



(Bet you guys don’t even think I can fix this story in any way possible, now do you? Please have faith in me. :P I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeves. Thoughts? Besides “You should update this more often“ I totally already know I fail at updating in a timely manner. I don‘t mean to suck at it!)
Sign up to rate and review this story