Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Reading Chamber of Secrets at Hogwarts

Epilogue

by Arider12 7 reviews

The Epilogue to: Reading Chamber of Secrets at Hogwarts

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Published: 2013-01-27 - Updated: 2013-01-27 - 884 words - Complete

5Exciting
“Sir,” Remus began once the room had cleared out. “Was that… I mean, was the diary really a…”

“A Horcrux?” Dumbledore finished, his blue eyes lacking their usual twinkle as he looked down his crooked nose at Remus. “Yes, I believe it was.”

Remus paled. “But how…how could he make one when he was only sixteen? Even most powerful wizards and witches don’t even know about them, much less how to make one!”

“That, I am afraid, I do not know,” Dumbledore said gravely. “But I do not think Voldemort made only one Horcrux. Were that the case, than whatever part of him remained after that Halloween would have died once Harry disposed of the diary.”

“Harry.” Remus said, remembering what Dumbledore had said in the last chapter of the book and if possible, grew even paler. “Sir, you said that Voldemort put a bit of himself into Harry that night. Do you mean that –?”

“Harry is a Horcrux?” Dumbledore finished again and Remus nodded. “I believe that is the case, though I wish I was wrong.”

“That’s not likely,” Remus muttered under his breath. Then, in a louder tone, “But does that mean then that in order for Voldemort to truly die, all of the Horcruxes must be destroyed?” Dumbledore nodded. “Even Harry?” Remus whispered, only to receive another nod and a sad glance.

“But I would not worry too much about it my boy,” Dumbledore assured him and Remus looked at the old wizard as if he was mad. Not worry about his best friend’s son having to die? Most people would consider that something to worry about indeed. “I have a feeling that we shall soon learn more about these Horcruxes, perhaps even where they are to be found, and how to get rid of them, without having to deal with the part of Voldemort’s soul in Harry.”

Remus opened his mouth to say something, though he was not quite sure of what he would have said had his voice been working. Instead he gave a curt nod.

“Now, why don’t you go and catch up to Harry and Snuffles? No doubt they are wondering where you have run off to.” Dumbledore suggested, the twinkle back in his eyes and Remus left the room, his mind racing at the new knowledge. He wanted nothing more than to run off to the library and try to find out what he could, but Dumbledore was right, that would have to wait until all the books were done. If he looked now, he wouldn’t have a clue what he was looking for, and he, like Dumbledore, had the feeling that the Horcruxes would play a large part in at least one of these books.

He walked until he reached the painting of the Forbidden Forest. To anyone passing by, they would have noticed nothing special about the painting, but Remus could easily see the stag hiding in between the trees and the black dog darting between the bushes. He could even make out a wolf peering from behind a rock and a rat hiding in the grass.

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good,” he told the painting, somehow feeling worse after seeing Prongs. The picture swung open and he climbed in, finding Harry and Sirius laughing on the couch in front of the fireplace.

“Hey Moony!” Sirius called. “Why didn’t you tell me that the teachers got these nice rooms?”

“Because you never asked,” Remus replied tiredly, his eyes darting over to where Harry was sitting, grinning at whatever his godfather had been telling him. He has no idea what could possibly be his fate, Remus realized sadly. All he knew was that Voldemort was after him. “Anyway Harry, you might want to start heading back, curfew is almost here and I doubt that McGonagall would forgive wandering around, even in the circumstances.

“Oh right!” Harry said, jumping up after checking his watch. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow!” He darted out of the portrait hole.

Sirius chuckled, “You know, if it had been James, he would have purposefully waited to get caught by Minnie.” He caught the tired look on Remus’ face. “Are you all right Moony?”

“Hmm? Yeah, I’m fine.” Remus replied. “Oh that reminds me, when and if you join us tomorrow, no nicknames. The twins don’t know that we are the Marauders, and I think it would better left as a surprise.”

Sirius nodded. “Okay sure.” He reached over and picked up the copy of the first book. “So I’m going to read this tonight that way I’m all caught up.”

“Sirius Black reading a book willingly?” Remus mocked gasped. “I never thought I would see the day!”

“Shut up,” Sirius mumbled, having turned to the first page.

As he walked down towards his bedroom, Remus heard Sirius shout behind him. “Bloody Muggles!”

Remus sighed. It was going to be a long night if Sirius did that every time something happened.

This is it for Chamber of Secrets! I hope you enjoyed reading this story and with any luck, Prisoner of Azkaban will be up in a few days! A final thank you for all to all you readers, reviewers, and just viewers, thanks!
Sign up to rate and review this story