Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Rebirth

by Crocodile-Kuro 0 reviews

In the aftermath of the Fourth Shinobi war, Sasuke and Naruto killed each other. Sakura, overcome with grief, performs a forbidden jutsu on Naruto and gets herself banished from Konohagakure becaus...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Sakura - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2013-01-27 - Updated: 2013-01-27 - 2106 words

4Original
"Sakura Haruno. Step forward."

Nervously, Sakura stepped toward the bright light in the center of the otherwise dimly lit room. "This is it," she thought.

A voice rang out across the room. "Miss Haruno, you have been put on charges of betrayal for using forbidden techniques for your own personal gain. How do you plea?"

"I plead guilty, sir."

"Do you understand the predicament you're in right now?"

"Yes, I do, and I don't regret it."

"For those of us who don't know, let the court hear the case filed by the ANBU Black Ops."

A shinobi with a bird mask stepped forward and read from a scroll.

"Sakura Haruno has been put on trial today for actions taken after the Fourth Great Shinobi War. During the final battle of that conflict, Naruto Uzumaki, the jinchuriki of the Nine-Tailed Fox, and Sasuke Uchiha, Konohagakure's most hated rogue ninja, killed each other, effectively ending the Uchiha and Uzumaki clans. In desperation, three days after all fighting had ceased, Sakura deliberately performed the forbidden Rebirth Jutsu on Naruto Uzumaki. Three days later, she attempted to perform the same jutsu on Sasuke Uchiha, but was thwarted when the ANBU Black Ops captured her. She has been held in solitary confinement for one month, until she could be presented before the Ninja Council today."

After he was done reading, the shinobi stepped back into the darkness.

The voice, which belonged to the Head Councilman, rang out again. "How do you explain these actions, Miss Haruno?"

Sakura said, "What else could I do? They were my teammates, and I felt guilty because I couldn't protect them from themselves. When Sasuke left Konohagakure, I felt horrible about not being able to stop him. When Naruto promised to bring Sasuke back no matter what, I felt even more horrible because I felt like I was making my problems his. Finally, when they killed each other, I fell into despair because I felt I was the cause of it all. I wanted to do something to bring our team together again, so I thought I could use the Rebirth Jutsu to make it happen. I knew it was forbidden, but I felt that I had to do something for them at least once to make up for it."

"So what you are telling us is that you felt a responsibility to set things right, even knowing that you could very well lose your life in the process?"

"I did."

"We have testimonials from Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage and to whom you have taken apprenticeship, and Kakashi Hatake, your Genin team leader. They claim that you never performed any actions that went against the wishes of Konohagakure and were for the benefit of your team up to this point. Do you believe this to be accurate?"

"I do. I would never do anything to hurt Konohagakure. I just wanted my teammates back."

There was a moment of silence while the council discussed the appropriate course of action. Finally, the Head Councilman spoke again.

"Miss Haruno, you have been monitored during this entire proceeding. We were watching for any signs of lying and ill intent, and you have shown none. Therefore, we have concluded that you pose no threat toward the shinobi world. However, the fact still remains that you performed a forbidden jutsu. That cannot be ignored."

Sakura looked to the ground and said, "I understand."

"Sakura Haruno, we have decided on a verdict. You will be banished from Konohagakure until such a time that we deem necessary. You will not be labeled as a rogue shinobi and you will not be listed in the bingo book, so you need not worry for your safety. If, after your banishment is over, you have done nothing to make us regret our decision to let you live, you may return to Konohagakure and resume your normal life. You have twelve hours to leave. Court is adjourned."

(Eleven and a half hours later)

Sakura arrived at the main gate leading out of Konohagakure. She had gathered all the belongings that could fit into a suitcase and backpack. She also carried a falcon that Tsunade gave her that would let her send for the rest of her things when she found a place to live.

At the gate, she saw all the people who have meant the most to her over the years. Tsunade, Shizune, Kakashi, Yamato, Sai, the remaining Konoha 11 and several other shinobi were all gathered to bid her farewell.

Ino Yamanaka walked to Sakura and gave her a flower in a glass case. "Promise me that you'll plant this flower wherever you call home, and think of your home here whenever you look at it."

Sakura said, "Thanks, Ino. I'll be sure to do that."

Shikamaru Nara then told Sakura, "I’ve been assigned to accompany you until you get settled down."

Sakura smiled and said, "I'd appreciate that, Shikamaru."

After saying goodbye to everybody, Sakura Haruno tearfully left Konohagakure to live out her years in exile.

(Thirty minutes later, in the Hokage's office)

Shizune walked to Tsunade, who had gone back to work after seeing Sakura off, and said, "Milady, do you think Sakura will be alright?"

Tsunade said, "She's a tough girl, Shizune. I don't think we have a problem."

Shizune asked, "Milady, is what Sakura did really that terrible? Why did she have to be banished?"

Tsunade said, "The Rebirth Jutsu that Sakura used isn't something to be messed around with. Honestly, given this jutsu’s record, I’m surprised Sakura survived at all."

Shizune got a worried look on her face. "I don't like where this is going."

Tsunade continued, "When someone uses the Rebirth Jutsu, one of two things will happen. Ninety-eight percent of the time, the one who used the jutsu would disappear, only to be reborn as a different person nine months later to a random woman who was close to him/her. Sakura got lucky and got the other possibility."

Shizune asked, "What is this other possibility?"

"Whoever the one who used the jutsu intended to use the jutsu on would be reborn nine months later to someone close to the user."

"So, since Sakura used it on Naruto, he will be reborn as a member of Sakura's family? I wonder who the jutsu will choose."

"I already know."

"Really? How?"

"If the one who used the jutsu and received the second effect was a woman, she herself will give birth to the reborn shinobi."

Shizune stared at Tsunade for a while, then said, "So thanks to this Rebirth Jutsu, Sakura is going to give birth to a baby Naruto?"

"In nine months' time, yes."

Shizune remained lost in thought for a minute, then said, "Okay, that sounds really strange. But if this jutsu is so great, then why…"

"It was forbidden because there were too many talented shinobi putting their lives on the line in order to resurrect loved ones. Think about it, Shizune; would you want to lose your best shinobi to a jutsu that only has a slim-to-none chance of working the way you intend it to?"

With a sigh, Shizune admitted, "I guess not, milady, but I still feel sorry for Sakura. She's now alone in the world and has to go through an awful lot all by herself."

Tsunade sighed. "As I said before, don't worry about it. She can take care of herself. Besides, I've already made arrangements to deliver her child when the time comes."

(Three months later, in a small border village)

"Miss Haruno! I got hurt again!"

"Really? Well, let's see how bad it really is."

Sakura set up her medical table to examine a small boy whom she had been seeing a lot of lately. Since she was banished, she found a quiet little village on the border of the Land of Fire. She quickly established herself as a doctor and used her training under Tsunade to help the villagers out as best as she could. She became quite popular in a short amount of time.

It had been three months since her exile, and her baby bulge was beginning to show through her clothes by this time. The boy noticed and said, "Miss Haruno, have you been eating a lot lately? Your belly’s getting a little big."

Sakura looked down and, with a smile, said, "No, I haven't. My tummy’s big because I'm expecting a baby."

The boy said, "That's so cool! I'll bet the kid will be as awesome as you."

Sakura laughed. "I think it'll be even greater." She then went back to examining the boy. While placing a bandage on his leg, she said, "Well, you haven't broken any bones, but I suggest that you be more careful when playing next time."

The boy said, "I will. Thanks, Miss Haruno, and good luck with the baby."

Sakura sat down after the boy had left and started rubbing her belly. "Just six more months, Naruto. I can't wait to see you again."

(Six months later)

Sakura screamed in pain as she struggled through her fourteenth hour of labor. Tsunade carefully monitored her health as the baby was being born. After another hour, Sakura heard a baby crying and knew that it was over. She finally had her teammate back.

"Lady Tsunade, how is Naruto?"

Tsunade looked at Sakura with a somber expression and said, "Well, I think you might have to come up with a different name. It's a girl."

Sakura quickly sat up, worried. "What? What does that mean? Did I do the jutsu wrong or—”

Tsunade forced her back into the bed and said, "Lay back down. What I meant was this may be a girl, but it's still Naruto. Your attempt at the Rebirth Jutsu was a success. You just have to rename Naruto, that's all."

Sakura smiled and couldn't hold her tears in any longer. "May I see her then?"

With a smile on her face, Tsunade laid the baby girl next to Sakura and left the two alone.

Sakura looked at the baby girl that now embodied Naruto Uzumaki. She had Naruto's whisker marks on her cheeks and was already starting to develop Naruto's blond hair. The baby then opened her eyes to reveal blue irises exactly how Sakura remembered Naruto having.

Holding the baby in her arms, she couldn’t help but cry. She wanted to give him another chance to be her friend, but she then remembered something else. He hadn’t had a parent to help raise him. She could now fill that role and develop a closer bond between the now reincarnated Naruto.

Sakura thought for a while and, with a smile, finally came up with a name for her daughter.

(14 years later)

"Natsumi!"

Sakura called out to the lake where her daughter, Natsumi Haruno, swam when she wanted to relax. After fourteen years, Sakura had developed EE-cup breasts and an hourglass figure and grew her hair out to her lower back, though she kept it in a ponytail. She gazed out and stared at the water, hoping Natsumi had heard her call.

Finally, a teenage girl emerged from the water and walked toward Sakura. This girl wore her long blond hair in two pigtails and sported an hourglass figure, though not as well defined as Sakura’s. Despite being fourteen, she had already developed CC-cup breasts, which she was very proud of. For swimming she wore an orange and black bikini in a whirlpool pattern.

The girl approached Sakura and said, "Mom, do you have to yell? I was enjoying myself after that horrible training you put me through these past few days."

Sakura laughed. "I'm sorry, Natsumi, but I had to get your attention somehow."

Natsumi pouted. "Well, couldn't it have waited until later?"

"Well, it could've, but I don't think ramen tastes good cold."

Natsumi perked her ears up. "Ramen?"

"Yes. I made miso ramen for dinner tonight. But if you think it can wait until later…"

Natsumi jumped on Sakura and hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Mommy! It's been so long since I've eaten your ramen. What’s the occasion?"

Sakura smiled half-heartedly. "I think you’re overreacting, Natsumi; it’s only been two weeks since I last made you ramen. As for the occasion, well…”

Natsumi looked at Sakura with a curious look after throwing on an orange sundress. “What’s wrong?”

Sakura looked at Natsumi with a more serious look and said, “Natsumi, there’s something I need to tell you after dinner.”

Natsumi nervously followed her mother home, afraid to know what she wanted to talk about.
Sign up to rate and review this story