Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Force Maelstrom

The Number One Guild

by nanoshinigmami 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2013-01-28 - Updated: 2013-01-28 - 8565 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5: The Number One Guild
"NARUTO! You cold bastard! I'm going to seriously make you regret messing with Fairy tail!" Natsu exclaimed.
"Big words, Salamander. But can you back it up? Let's see if you can even make me bleed." Naruto taunted.
"Shut Up, you heartless bastard!" Natsu shouted as he charged Naruto with blazing fists.
"Go ahead, I'll even give you a head start. You're punch doesn't even sting anyway." Naruto answered confidently.
Natsu's fist connected to Naruto's cheeks but Naruto wasn't sent flying. He was only slightly fazed by his punch.
"With all that talk, that's all you got? I admit it was stronger but it still doesn't even sting." Naruto said.
"Grr, cheater you said you won't block my punch but I'm sure I felt you blocked it even if I could not see it. Something held my fist back." Natsu protested.
"I did not block your attack. It's one thing that you are weak, it's another thing that you're a liar." Naruto answered.
"I did not lie. Don't pass to me the things you do." Natsu ranted.
"Enough of this, I grew tired of your blabbering." Naruto said as he disappeared in a blur. He appeared next to Natsu and gave Natsu a right hook. The hook connected on Natsu's chin. He was sent flying and skidding to the ground.
"That's how you throw a punch, Salamander." He remarked.
"I've got to help Natsu." Lucy said as she pulled the chains hard. Happy was currently dismantling the nails of the chains. Seconds later, she was freed from the chains.
"Gahh!" Natsu shouted as Naruto stepped on the back of his head, burying his head a little to the floor.
"I've got to help Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed as Happy handed her the celestial keys he found on the table.
Lucy picked out the Taurus key. She raised it and was about to summon Taurus when she was hit by a strong current of water.
"Juvia seems to be forgotten. Juvia won't let you interfere with Naruto-san's fight." Juvia said as she continually hit Lucy with a strong current of water.
"Gurrrggh" was the only thing Lucy and Happy could say as they were being pushed towards the wall by the water.
"Lucy! Happy!" Natsu shouted as he tried to get up despite Naruto's feet stepping on his head.
'He's gaining strength.' Naruto thought as he jumped away from Natsu. Natsu's body became shrouded with flames again as he charged towards Juvia.
"I'm not letting you go any further, Salamander." Naruto said as he appeared in mid air directly on top of Natsu with his body on a crouching position. He then stretched his legs and his feet hit Natsu's back prompting Natsu to crash into the ground.
"Argh." Natsu said as he stood up propelling Naruto out of his back.
"Ice Make: Freeze!" They heard someone exclaim.
The water current attacking Lucy and Happy suddenly froze. Juvia had to stop supplying the water so she won't be frozen. Someone then punched the ice surrounding Lucy and Happy releasing them from the ice holding them.
"Gray, oh I'm so glad to see you." Lucy said as she hugged Gray.
"Fairy mage, Juvia will not let you take Heartfilia-sama away." Juvia said.
Gray looked at Juvia and then saw Naruto.
"Ice Make: Bow." Gray said as he formed a bow using his ice.
"Ice Make: Arrow." He exclaimed as he launched several arrows towards Naruto and Juvia.
"Gahh Bastard, be careful with those arrows you might hit me!" Natsu shouted as he dodged Gray's arrows.
"Naruto-san, Juvia wants to fight the Ice mage by herself. Will you allow Juvia?" Juvia said as she and Naruto dodged Gray's arrows.
"It's rare for you to want to fight someone. If that is what you want." He said seriously as Juvia transformed to water.
"Huh? Where is the girl?" Gray said as he only saw Naruto. He didn't notice the liquid that was behind him slowly forming into a woman.
"Juvia's here. Water Cane!" Juvia said as she produced a high speed and strong water current. It took Gray by surprise and he wasn't able to prepare himself as he was flung away by the strong water and was thrown outside the castle window. He stumbled outside into the porch. Juvia then started to turn into water and the water followed Gray outside.
"Letting that girl fight Gray, are you underestimating him? Gray's power is ice. He will just freeze her and then crush her. Gray is one of the strongest fighters of our guild. She won't have a chance against him." Natsu said cockily.
"You're the one underestimating her. Seriously, you don't even know what she is. Why do you think Master Jose gives her very important missions if she could easily be beaten? Other than me, Juvia is the only mage here on Phantom who has never failed a mission even if it was an S-class." Naruto answered indifferently.
"What do you mean?" Natsu asked.
"Enough talk. This battle is between you and me. Heartfilia-san, if you don't want to get hurt, don't interfere." Naruto said.
"Lucy, I'll handle this. You and Happy stay back and relax." He said as they saw Naruto slowly took out his sword. Lucy's eyes widen when she saw it.
"Hey, why do you have that sword? No man should use that. Why do you have the cursed sword Levantine?" Lucy said.
"Just like Fairy girl, you knew of this sword. That's quite a surprise since almost no one recognizes this sword." Naruto answered.
"Fairy girl? Levy? Of course she knew that. All book lovers about ancient artifacts would know that. How could anyone like me forget the very sword that Zeref himself crafted? The sword that is known to grant a certain amount of dark magic to its bearer, but also possesses him." Lucy said.
"Bastard, you'd sell your soul to the demon just to get stronger? I knew you were a scum who'd gladly hurt anybody for your own happiness but to sell yourself to the devil? You're the lowest of all!" Natsu exclaimed.
Naruto didn't answer him but for a moment Naruto winced inwardly of what Natsu said.
"I've got to help Natsu. I know, I'll use that new key I got." Lucy said as she took out the new key she got.
"I am one who forges the path to the stellar plane! Answer thee now my call and transcend the gate! Open, Gate of the Centaur! Sagittarius!" She exclaimed.
"Yes, you called?" A man in a horse suit said.
"What the hell?" Lucy said.
"A guy in a horse suit?" Happy shouted.
"Uh, we'll go this properly later. But can you make a fire? So, Natsu could eat it and power up to match up with Naruto and his sword." Lucy asked.
"Nay, I am afraid my skill lies in archery." Sagittarius said.
"Then help Natsu…" Lucy said but was interrupted by a shouted from Natsu.
"I said stay out of this!"
Lucy, Happy and Sagittarius stepped aside while inwardly Lucy was comically crying.
'I'm so useless.' She thought.
They completely forgot Naruto.
"Dark Pulse." He said as he released a strong dark energy attack towards Natsu. Natsu avoided the attack and his whole body is blazing with blood red flame.
"Bastard, I'm not going to lose to someone like you." He said as his flame rages on and becomes stronger.
'I can't believe it, his magic I can feel it exponentially getting stronger.' Naruto thought. His eyes widen a bit as he was surprised to see Natsu charging fast towards him. He narrowly avoided the punch but was caught by the side kick that followed. Naruto skidded back until he stopped after a few feet away.
"How's that for a weak kick? You even blocked it but I was still able to make you skid." Natsu taunted.
Naruto touched the spot where Natsu's kick connected. He winced slightly as he felt pain from it.
'It's not only strong, it also burns. Why does he say that I am blocking? I was clearly not able to block that. I've got to be careful.' He thought.
"It seems you are going all out. Then, I too will do the same." Naruto said as he sheathed his sword and adjusted it until the sheath is strapped at the back of his waist where he could draw it easily with his left hand. He then posed slightly sidewards with his right foot forward and his left knee slightly bent. His left hand grasping the hilt of his sword while his right hand is in an open palm position just like how Rock Lee used to when he was on his Goken stance.
"Come, Salamander." Naruto said.
Natsu launched himself with incredible speed towards Naruto. He threw a punch but Naruto used his right hand to quickly swat the punch sidewards and then his left hand quickly unsheathed Levantine and he swiped it towards Natsu. Natsu narrowly avoided the sword by jumping back a little.
"NATSU!" Lucy shouted.
Natsu wasn't able to comprehend what happened as he was hit by a dark energy and was sent flying towards the wall. He hit the wall and it crumbled and buried him.
"Grah!" Natsu growled as he sent the rubbles away from him.
"What happened?" was all Lucy could say as she barely saw what happened.
"How will Natsu dodge that? He almost wasn't able to dodge the sword, how will he able to dodge the magic if it was released almost at the same time." Lucy asked.
"Actually, when Natsu-san threw a punch, Naruto-san quickly swatted his punch with his right hand. Then he quickly grasped his sword with his left hand and quickly took a swipe but as he swiped, he also released a dark energy a little later. The timing of the swipe with the release of the dark energy was so fast it was probably only a split second after he determined where Natsu-san will dodge." Sagittarius commented.
"You saw all that in a split second?" Lucy asked.
"An archer's eyes are trained to be the best." Sagittarius remarked while saluting.
"Why the hell are you saluting?" Lucy sweatdropped comically.
"Natsu…" Happy said.
~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gray stood up as he was thrown outside by the water cane.
"Rain? I didn't realize it was raining outside." He said as he looked around to find any enemy.
"Pitter Patter…" Gray heard.
"Yes… Juvia, the woman of rain of the element four. Pitter Patter." Juvia said as she reveled herself to Gray.
"The girl that was with Naruto. So, you're the one who would fight me." Gray said.
"To think that you were able to defeat three of the element four… However, Juvia and Naruto are not to be taken lightly." Juvia replied.
"Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you're a woman or even a child… I don't go easy on anybody who hurts my nakama." Gray declared.
Juvia was taken aback by Gray's declaration and then she blushed at how he looked.
"Yes… Juvia has lost this battle… Farewell…"
"Whoa, whoa whoa… What the hell is that?" Gray exclaimed.
'Ah, Juvia almost forgot. Juvia must fight him so he won't bother Naruto-san's fight with Salamander. How could Juvia forget. But… What is happening with Juvia. Is Juvia somehow afflicted? This pitter patter in the chest…' She thought.
"Wait you damn woman… I said wait up. Don't attack me and just go away like that…" Gray said as he grabbed Juvia's right shoulder.
'Is this pitter patter what they call forbidden love? Is Mr. Ice fairy showing his forbidden love for Juvia? But he is enemy and Juvia must defeat him for the guild, for master… for Naruto-san… Oh yes, that's right. Juvia only needs to defeat him and then Juvia will claim him. Juvia will make him hers. There is no turning back!' She thought.
"Water Lock!" Juvia exclaimed as she swatted Gray's hand from her shoulder.
"What the…" Gray said as he saw a glimpse of her Magic seal but before he could recognize it he was trapped into a ball of water.
"Now, you are Juvia's. Surrender to Juvia." Juvia said.
"Nghh" Gray said as he froze the whole water lock and then shattered it with his strength.
'He froze it and shattered it. Juvia was sure that her magic could not be broken… He and Juvia… Is this what they call fate?' She thought.
"Huh… you got me good there with your fake walking away from our fight. Ugh, the wounds from my last mission are opening up." Gray said as he started removing his shirt.
Juvia was startled by his actions.
"Why are you removing you're cloths? Juvia's heart… is not ready for this…" She exclaimed.
"The hell are you saying? Hey you're open." Gray said as he cast a magic.
"Ice Make: Lance!"
Several lances made of ices came out and struck Juvia on her left eye and other parts of her body. Gray though, was surprised at what he saw.
"Huh? What in hell?" was all he could say.
"Juvia's body is formed of rain itself… Pitter patter." Juvia said.
"Water? What the hell…" Gray said but he stopped when he saw something at the parts of her body that was forming back.
'What the hell is that? Her skin looks normal but when the water was forming her body again, for a moment I saw the newly formed skin… with scales?' He shook his head.
"I must be seeing things." He mumbled.
While Gray was mumbling and thinking to himself and getting out of his shock, Juvia was having thoughts.
'Just now… He assaulted Juvia… Yes, this man is enemy… Juvia must be strong! This is war!' She thought.
"Farewell, sweet flower of love! Water slicer." Juvia said as blades of water came out of her and slashed at Gray.
"What the hell is she saying?" Gray said as he dodged the water slicers.
"Battle axe!" Gray exclaimed as she swung an axe made of ice towards Juvia. He successfully chopped Juvia into two but again, that part of her transformed into water.
'There it is again… scales… Maybe it's just water forming like scales.' He thought.
"It is impossible for you to defeat Juvia. There is still time for you to be saved." Juvia said.
Gray just stared at her surprised at what she said.
"I request that you leave Heartfilia-san to us and withdraw your guildmates. If you do so, I shall speak with our Master and convince him to withdraw." Juvia continued.
"Oi, quit sayin' screwed up things. Both sides have come too far to just stop fighting." Gray said.
"Ice Make: Sword! Let's continue this fight Ms. Rain woman." Gray continues.
~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
"Gahh… Pant…" Natsu said as he shakily stood up. No matter how many times he tried to attack, Naruto was able to dodge his attack and make not one but two quick counter attacks.
"I can't believe it. I've seen Natsu in fights before but this is the first time that he is pushed like this." Lucy said.
"From what I have seen in their fight so far, Natsu-san is in a disadvantage since he is a close range aggressive brawler fighting a master of counterattacks. I haven't seen many who could integrate hand, sword and magic combat this good. In my deduction, Naruto-san only needs atleast a split second to lock-on in his target and fire his magic. Natsu-san needs to find a way to not only land a hit but also to dodge not one but two counter attacks that are almost done in quick succession and great accuracy." Sagittarius commented.
Before Natsu could stand steady, he was sent flying by another kick in the gut. For a moment, he didn't move.
"Natsu!" Lucy and Happy shouted.
The rocks exploded with fire as Natsu stood in the middle of the rubble panting but still full of determination.
"No matter what happens, I won't lose to someone like you." Natsu said as the fire around him rages on.
'His magic it is getting stronger and the fire covering his body, it is getting hotter as time pass by. I don't get it, I was winning but why can't I seem to just put him away. It seemed like he has an infinite source of energy.' Naruto thought as he dodged Natsu's attacks.
"What's the matter, Naruto? Got tired already? I'm just starting to get fired up." Natsu taunted from lack of Naruto's counterattack.
Naruto didn't answer as he continually tries to find out Natsu's weak point.
'Don't tell me he gets his strength from…' Naruto thought as he looked on at the Fairy tail bystanders. Naruto's eyes widen at the conclusion he got. This lapse in attention though, gave Natsu enough room to land a punch on his left cheek.
Naruto was thrown towards several seats that were present in the room until he stops when he hit a table and just like Natsu earlier, he didn't move.
"How's that for a punch? You weren't able to block my punch this time by your invisible blocker. Still think my punch is weak?" Natsu declared.
'Darn it, I lost concentration. I almost lost consciousness from that punch. Not only does it bruise it also burns. He's getting stronger and stronger. So, this is how it feels like to fight someone who would give everything for his precious people.' He thought.
"Oi, are you just going to sleep there all day." Natsu taunted.
Naruto stood up and said.
"That was quite strong. But don't get cocky just by landing one punch because there won't be any next time. Come, Salamander."
Natsu charged again towards Naruto.
"Natsu, you idiot don't attack so recklessly!" Lucy shouted.
Naruto suddenly struck his sword towards the ground. He then caught Natsu's fist but inwardly winced as he felt the heat coming from Natsu's fire but he didn't let go. He gave Natsu a kick towards the side of the ribs but Natsu used his free hand to catch the kick.
"I saw that move once, you ain't going to be able to pull that again on me buddy." Natsu said.
"Too bad, that was just a faint." Naruto said as he used his free foot to spin his body like a propeller with the foot Natsu previously caught as the center of rotation. On the mid way of the spin, his free foot was on top of Natsu's head, he struck his foot downward on Natsu's head. This resulted with hitting face first to the floor. Before Naruto could celebrate though, Natsu grabbed his foot and before he could react, Natsu was already spinning with his two feet on the air like propeller blade. Naruto was struck by Natsu's spinning kick and went skidding back.
"You're invisible blocking magic seems to be failing. It's still blocking my shots but it's not as strong as before." Natsu said.
"Again, with those nonsense to cover your weakness?" was the reply he got.
"I'll show you what's weak." Natsu said as he charged again. Naruto was about to counter when he changed his mind. He dodged away from Natsu as Natsu roared the name of his attack.
"Fire Dragon's Claw!" He said as he was suddenly propelled at high speeds by the flames that were covering his feet. His kick struck a nearby post and completely destroyed it.
'Good thing I changed my mind. Being close to that would certainly give much damage no matter how I counter.' He thought.
He was pulled out of his thought as he felt an arrow coming from the castle window. He and Natsu momentarily looked towards the projectile.
~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~
"Damn, you're one tough cookie. I have been striking you but you just turn to water. No wonder you're an element four." Gray said as he dispersed his bow made of ice.
Gray was starting to get exhausted from continually using his Ice Make magic to either freeze Juvia's attacks or create a weapon to attack Juvia who until now has not yet taken any damage. He on the other hand, had some stray bruises and wounds from the attacks that he wasn't able to freeze in time.
"Heartfilia-san is just one girl from your guild, why go to this length for her?" Juvia asked as she used Water Cane to attack Gray. Gray on the other hand froze it with his Ice Make freeze.
"I already told you, I'll just freeze your magic. And don't say that she is just one from our guild because Lucy is our nakama, I won't hand her over even if I die." Gray said with full conviction.
Juvia was inwardly shock as the words repeated in her mind and she came up with one solution.
'A rival in love!' She thought.
Suddenly, the rain picked up. Gray stared at the silent Juvia and then was startled when smoke comes from her body. He was further freaked out as he saw Juvia go ballistic.
"Juvia cannot forgive this. Juvia shall not forgive Lucy!"
"What the hell? What is this? Boiling water? Why is she mad at Lucy?" Gray asked.
His eyes widen at what he saw next.
"Don't tell me you're a…"
~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~
"Gray must be winning his fight also." Natsu said.
"You're saying that as if you are winning against me, and I don't have to worry for someone like Juvia." Naruto said indifferently.
"Cold bastard. You're friend is probably losing and you say that you don't worry about her. But don't worry, Gray is not like you. He won't do the things you did to Levy and the others." Natsu answered.
For some reason, the mention of Levy's name made remember what he did to her and guilt started to flood him again. Natsu saw this slight falter on Naruto's guard and took advantage.
"Fire Dragon's Crushing Fang!" Natsu exclaimed as he quickly swiped Naruto away. Naruto was caught off guard from a brief flashback he had of Levy. He went stumbling on the floor a few times before lying with his back on the floor right beside his sword which he struck on the ground earlier.
'I lost concentration on the fight again… What is happening to me? I shouldn't be bothered by these things. I must fight for the guild.' He thought as he stood up.
"I can't let Gray be the only one do the ass-kicking!" Natsu exclaimed.
"You really think Juvia could be defeated that easily? I don't worry about Juvia because I don't have to. Unless something unexpected happen, I don't think your friend could defeat her. Seriously, I thought dragon slayers could easily detect one another since Juvia was able to pin-point you quickly." Naruto said as he put the palm of his hand on the tip of his sword's handle.
"Dark blast" Naruto said as a blast of dark energy suddenly rose from beneath Natsu. Natsu was tossed high up in the air by the blast.
"Natsu!" Happy shouted as he looked at Natsu being hurled into the air.
"Dragon slayers easily detect one another… Juvia was able to pin-point Natsu quickly… Don't tell me… Juvia is a…" Lucy said with wide eyes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~
"…Dragon Slayer!" Gray exclaimed as Juvia finished drinking the water from the rain that magically goes into her mouth rather than fall to the ground.
"Rain Dragon's Roar!" Juvia exclaimed as she positioned her hands in the same manner as Natsu's when he uses his roar and then the large Rain Dragon slayer magic seal comes out. She fired a very strong geyser of water towards Gray.
"Oh shit!" Gray said as he prepared his magic.
"Ice Make: Shield!" He exclaimed as a large flower-like shield made of ice was made to shield him from the attack. His eyes widen though, as he saw his Ice shield melt like butter.
"Oh fuck, it's not just water." He exclaimed as he narrowly dodged the attack. He looked at the place where the attack had struck and he shivered.
"Juvia's magic is not just any kind of water." Juvia said.
"Yeah, I could see that. So you not only could shoot and shape water at your own will but you could also alter its other attributes like pressure, temperature and acidity huh." Gray answered as he deducted the destruction the attack made.
'The attack melted my Ice so it was probably at high temperature. The metals pipes were also decayed probably from the acidity and the floor shows its deep trail from the pressure. If I don't be careful, I'm going to be meeting Master Ur in the afterlife pretty early.' He thought.
"From now on, Juvia won't hold back." Juvia said as all the rain drops suddenly stopped in mid air.
"What the hell?" Gray said.
"Rain Dragon's bullets!" Juvia exclaimed. All the rain drops that were suspended in mid air suddenly shot towards Gray at high speed. Gray had nowhere to run as the rain drops where practically all over the place. The rain drops struck him several times and he collapsed into the ground, his body full of holes from the attack.
"Show yourself, Juvia knows that was just an Ice clone from the start. That is why Juvia didn't hesitate to give it her all." Juvia said but Gray didn't show up.
Suddenly Gray felt a presence on behind him and before he could turn around, he was struck by Juvia's Water Cane but this time he could not freeze it as it was boiling.
"Gahh!" gray exclaimed as he twitched in pain at the feeling of his back being burned by the boiling water.
"You forget, Dragon slayers have good sense of smell. You are lucky that it is illegal for a mage to kill or I would have dissolved you in an acid." Juvia said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~
"We've got to do something to help Natsu-san… His attacks are now connecting but Naruto-san still the upperhand in this battle as he was still able to land more solid and stronger hits." Sagittarius warned Lucy.
"I know…" Lucy said as she tried to find a way to help Natsu.
"Did you feel that, Salamander?" Naruto said as their fight paused when they felt Juvia's magic increased.
"Tch, so you weren't fooling around when you said that she was like me. Then, I should defeat you quickly so I could fight her if she defeats Gray. Though, I doubt Gray would let himself be defeated." Natsu said.
"Defeat me huh?" Naruto said as he again struck his blade into the ground and then he exclaimed.
"Dark Spiral!" A tornado of dark energy emerged from Natsu's foot which sent him swirling into the air violently. When the tornado stopped, he started to fall towards the ground with his back first. Before he hit the ground, he was tossed again upward when Naruto's foot connected on his spinal column. And then, suddenly Naruto appeared behind in parallel with him.
"I have to thank someone for this technique. Shishi Rendan!" Naruto said as he delivered a Lion combo on Natsu.
The fairy tail members winced as Natsu hit the floor.
"That's got to hurt." Sagittarius said.
Naruto jumped away from Natsu as Natsu's body again was covered by flame.
"I won't lose to someone like you!" Natsu said.
"I'm impressed; I have given you so much beating that could make someone call the hospital, a home and yet you still have enough strength to stand up against me." Naruto commented.
"I won't let someone like you or your guild to just do what you want to do. I will do everything I could just to protect those who are very precious to me, my guildmates, my friends, MY FAMILY!" Natsu exclaimed as he charged at Naruto with high speed as he was propelled by his flames.
Natsu threw a left hook towards Naruto but it was easily dodged and Naruto countered with a sword swipe to which Natsu dodge to the left but then just like before, Naruto followed it quickly with a Dark pulse. The Dark pulse hit Natsu dead on but to Naruto's surprise, instead of being hurled away by the magic attack, Natsu was able to charge through it. Naruto didn't have enough time to dodge as he was struck by a charging Natsu as he heard him say.
"Fire Dragon's sword Horn!" Natsu exclaimed as he rammed at full speed towards Naruto but instead of letting go and letting Naruto be hurled into the air, Natsu held unto Naruto.
"You won't escape me this time. Fire Dragon's Wing attack!" He exclaimed as he concentrated almost all his flames on his arms, engulfing Naruto in his flames. Then, the flames propelled Naruto at high speed.
Naruto winced in pain as he felt his body being burned, but before he could react he saw Natsu on a position he knew was trouble.
"Fire Dragon's Roar!" Natsu shouted as he breathes a long line of fire and then becomes a large fireball.
Naruto could only do one thing and that is to brace himself for the impact. He curled himself into a defensive position as the attack hits. The fireball continued its charge until it struck to the wall, destroying it.
"I'm done being your punching bag. Playtime's over. It's payback time, bastard." Natsu declared.
Naruto stood up without wincing or showing the pain he felt from the attack. He took off what was left of his burned coat leaving him in his blue undershirt. His pants though had some minor burn marks and his boots had of no use anymore so he also took his boots off leaving him barefooted. He grasped his sword on his right hand in a reverse grip and then its scabbard on his left also in a reverse grip.
"I won't lose to someone as naïve as you." Naruto said as he charged towards Natsu.
"He changed; he is now more aggressive than before." Sagittarius said.
"I'll take whatever you throw." Natsu said as he charged towards Naruto.
They met in the middle and Natsu threw an uppercut but Naruto punched the incoming fist with the fist holding the scabbard, the scabbard hit Natsu in the side ribs as it was swung together with the punch. But Natsu didn't falter, instead he threw another punch using his other hand and to his surprise Naruto didn't dodge but then he realized why. Naruto didn't dodge because he was also going to attack. Natsu's eyes widen as he immediately withdrew his punch and ducked as Naruto's sword swipe nearly took his head off. Before he could react though, Naruto's knee connected to his face. He took the blow and instead of letting himself be thrown by the attack, he used both his hands and hugged Naruto's waist and then he adjusted himself so he was behind him to avoid and knee attack again. He then gave Naruto a german suplex.
Naruto's head and back of the neck banged into the floor hard and he momentarily lost focused. Natsu used this as an opportunity to engulf his body in flames and used it to propel him up with while still holding Naruto on the waist. Unfortunately for him, Naruto got his bearings back in mid air and he struck his sword downward to impale Natsu. Natsu narrowly avoided the sword but he wasn't able to avoid the scabbard as Naruto spun around while swiping his scabbard towards Natsu's cheek. Natsu swirled from the momentum of the attack. Then before he could stop swirling Naruto rotated again and gave him a strong roundhouse kick in the face sending him crashing to the ground.
As Naruto dropped down to the ground panting and wincing, he looked at Natsu and saw him standing up again.
'What's up with this guy? I just can't seem to put him away no matter how I attack him.' Naruto thought and then he felt Juvia's magic become very unstable.
'Juvia, what's wrong?...' Naruto thought but was interrupted as Natsu charged at him again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~
"Huh, so even heartless people like you and Naruto knows boundaries." Gray said as he stood up and covered his back with Ice to ease the pain.
"You know nothing about Juvia and Naruto-san to say things such as heartless." Juvia said.
"Oh yeah, and how do I call people who would do the things that you did?" Gray asked.
"Juvia and Naruto-san are just mages loyal to their guild just like you. There are times that mages had to do drastic things for their loyalty. You don't understand, Master Jose was the only one who would give a second glance to people with dark pasts…" Juvia's speech was interrupted by Gray.
"That's bullshit. If Jose really cares about you or your loyalty, he wouldn't make you do things like this. He won't use your loyalty to make you do cruel and heartless things. I am a person with a bad past to but Master Makarov never used my loyalty to his advantage. Instead, he gave us his full loyalty and love. That is what a true guild master is all about and not some dictator like Jose."
'Could it be? Was Master only using Juvia and Naruto-san for his own gain? No… Master Jose, he saved Juvia from being alone. No one wanted Juvia, her parents, her friends, even her teacher left Juvia. Juvia was unwanted and discriminated but Master, he gave Juvia a chance to have a purpose… But… he also used Juvia for his own gains, giving her missions that were almost borderline illegal…' She thought as she was getting confused.
"NO! You are playing with Juvia's mind!" Juvia shouted as her body started to turn into water.
"SIERRA!" Juvia exclaimed as she attacked Gray recklessly and at high speeds with her body turned into boiling water.
"Ice Make…" But Gray was interrupted as Juvia hit him.
"So fast, My shaped magic can't keep up." He said as he narrowly dodged the speeding Sierra.
"If I don't buy myself sometime…" He said as he run away and tried to hide behind walls from Sierra.
"Darn I can't use my Shield because she's just going to dissolve it."
"Juvia won't forgive you for confusing her loyalty." Juvia said as she was able to hit Gray.
'Gahh it's hot… wait, it's not as hot as before. Her concentration had slipped up due to her going berserk. I can freeze this if only I could find the right timing. Ah there it is.' He thought as he plunged his right hand inside the raging Sierra.
"Ice Make: Freeze!" He exclaimed as he was able to freeze Juvia.
"Impossible, Juvia's boiling water was frozen and not only that…" Juvia trailed as Gray was shocked at what he saw. His hand was at Juvia's breast groping it.
'I'm so embarrassed like this. Here in your ice.' Juvia thought.
"No, I… Sorry!" Gray said as he freed Juvia from the ice.
'He released me from the ice! Why? He's so kind!' She thought as she looked at Gray.
"Do Over!" Gray exclaimed.
"No, I couldn't hurt you…" She said.
"You can't hurt me? You mean you know you don't have a chance of winning?" Gray asked.
"I'm stronger than Lucy, I can protect you."
"Protect me? Why would you do that?"
"Because Juvia… Lo…" Before Juvia could finish her sentence Gray said.
"Did the rain just got stronger? This rain is so depressing."
"You! You're just like them!" Juvia said as she exploded in anger.
"What? Fine then let's do this." Gray countered.
"Juvia doesn't need love." Juvia exclaimed as she transformed again to Sierra. As she attacked Gray, she remembered her past how she was always left alone and discriminated by the others.
'The water's temperature, it has an unstable temperature. Maybe this is because her thoughts are conflicted.' Gray thought as he again tries to find the right timing to freeze her.
'Juvia is one of the element four. Juvia is a phantom mage. Juvia must win for the Master, for the guild and for Juvia's only friend, Naruto-san!' She thought as she continually attacked Gray.
"I won't lose to someone like Phantom!" Gray exclaimed as he froze the rain and the water.
'He even froze the rain… Such magical power…' She thought.
"Ice Make: Geyser!" He exclaimed as Juvia was momentarily trapped inside a huge ice and then it broke. Juvia fell to the ground defeated.
"Juvia lost?" She said with disbelief.
"How do you feel? Have you cooled off now?" Gray asked with a genuine smile which startled Juvia.
"The rain it stopped…" Juvia said.
"Hey, it finally cleared up." Gray said.
'This is the clear sky? It's beautiful…' Juvia then felt a small twinge of pain in her left hand. When she looked at it she saw blood, her blood. Her eyes widen.
'Juvia's dragonforce has been deactivated… Juvia now can now feel the touch and wounds again. Juvia's body isn't made of water anymore…' She then looked at Gray and then at the clear sky.
'Juvia was defeated but Juvia never felt this happy before… Juvia now knows what Zennyo-Ryou-sama meant when she said those words before she left Juvia. I'm sorry Naruto-san, Juvia can't continue anymore. From now on, Juvia wants to do what her heart tells her.' Juvia thought.
"So, do you want to continue?" Gray said while looking at Juvia with a smile. Juvia's eyes turned into hearts as she goes to the world of dreams.
"It looks like she surrendered… Good thing, because I'm at my limit… Natsu, you better not lose." Gray said as he also fell unconscious.
~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~
'Juvia's magic is getting more unstable what happening to her?' Naruto thought as he fights with Natsu and because of his musings he was caught off guard by Natsu.
"An opening, Fire Dragon's Fang!" He exclaimed as he tried to swipe Naruto away. Naruto was hit by the attack but he wasn't thrown away. He was just sent back a few feet. Then he heard a growl.
"I see, so you are losing strength afterall. I have to admit, for a moment I thought you had limitless energy but now it looks like your strength had faded and your stomach is growling from hunger." Naruto said as he moved so fast he was instantly in front of Natsu.
"I will finish this now, I have something to do." He said.
'Juvia hang on.' Naruto thought.
He kicked Natsu in the stomach and when Natsu doubled over, he delivered a somersault kick connecting on Natsu's chin. Natsu was sent high up but then Naruto appeared behind him and then held him with both his arms.
"I'll have to thank another friend for this, Initial Lotus!" Naruto said as the attack sent them both spiraling towards the ground.
Naruto stood a few feet away from Natsu's sprawled body as he said. He saw the Fairy tail guild getting destroyed. Guilt flooded him again like a tsunami.
'Master Valandil, I wonder what you are thinking right now if you see what kind of things I have done. I just helped in destroying a guild's house… No, a Family's home.' He thought as he remembered his Master's last moments.
~0~0~0~0~Flashback~0~0~0~0~
"Master! Don't leave me Master… I'm sorry… It's all my fault… if only I…" Naruto said while grieving unto the fallen elf.
Valandil smiled at him and reached up his hand towards Naruto's face.
"Naruto… my precious student… you really have become strong over the years. You are the best one I had fought in a long time, I am proud of you… Ah I forgot, today was the day I found you, right?" Valandil said.
Naruto only nods.
"I think I have the perfect gift…" Valandil said as he grasped the black sword that currently impales his chest. He gave a small groan as he took it out of his chest and then gave it to Naruto. He then said some things to Naruto. Naruto listened until Valandil said.
"Naruto whatever happens, do what you think is right… Farewell…" was Valandil's last words as he succumbed to an eternal slumber.
~0~0~0~0~EndOfFlashback~0~0~0~0~
Naruto's musings was interrupted as he felt Juvia's magic stabilize but weakened and for a moment he thought he heard Juvia say sorry and that she was happy. His hair covered his eyes as he thought.
'Juvia, you also didn't want to fight anymore for something like this, right? I guess that Ice mage gave you the strength to do what you think is right.' Naruto thought.
Naruto looked closely at the window and saw the Fairy mages fighting and crying to save their guild.
'I too, can't stomach this anymore but the fight already been too far and the only way to stop this is if one gets defeated…' He thought as he looked at Natsu.
"Is this your limit, Salamander? You're whole guild is getting destroyed right now." Naruto taunted.
"I don't believe you…" Natsu said as he tried to stand up.
"Can't see it? I'll help you." He answered as he kicked Natsu towards the window and into one of the porches. Natsu stumbled until he stopped on the railing in time to see his guild crash down to the ground. Natsu remembered all the happy memories he had on the guild. He groggily stood up and walk towards Naruto.
Lucy was about to help him but Happy stopped him.
"Your guild is in shambles. What are you going to do now?" Naruto said as he backhanded Natsu sending him stumbling to the rubbles of the destroyed wall.
"What is this all you got? It can't be that this is all you are. Stand up and fight me, where is that fierce attitude?" He said as he continually strikes him with kicks and punches.
"Just so you know, I am not a merciful person. Just like you said, I would do as I please. After I am through with you, I will do the same to each of your friends starting with that girl." Naruto taunted as he pointed to Lucy.
"The Jupiter Canon, the elemental four… He used too much magic! If he had fire to eat, he'd definitely kick your ass!" Happy shouted.
"I see. It seems that there is something of a misunderstanding. When you asked me if I could produce fire, the obvious answer was "NO". However, it would appear that the issue is not about whether I can produce fire per se, but whether or not I could help generate it." Sagittarius said as he aimed his bow and arrow.
"It's been fun, Salamander." Naruto said as he was about to impale Natsu with his sword.
"STOP IT!" Happy shouted as Sagittarius let the arrow fly.
The arrow flew past Naruto and Natsu and struck the machine.
"FIRE…" Natsu said.
"He created flames from blowing up the machine!" Lucy exclaimed.
Natsu greedily ate the fire as Sagittarius continually let his arrows fly towards the machine. Naruto on the otherhand, just watched.
"To set machinery aflame is mere child's play for my arrows." Sagittarius said.
"Great Job, you really are a master archer, Sagittarius." Lucy complimented.
"Man, that was good. I owe you one, Lucy." Natsu thanked.
Naruto was suddenly behind him, about to strike when he turned around and countered and connected with a flaming uppercut.
"Levi, Jet, Droy, Jiji, Lucy, all my nakama and Fairy tail." Natsu said.
"Dark Pulse!" Naruto shouted as he swiped his sword towards Natsu but Natsu just deflected his attack back at him.
'He deflected it?' Naruto thought as he was sent flying by the impact.
"HOW DARE YOU LAY YOUR FILTHY HANDS ON THEM!" Natsu shouted.
"I'm paying you back along with some added interest. You're gonna wish you never set foot unto Fairy tail!"
'I see…' Naruto thought but made no action to dodge or counter Natsu.
"Guren Karyuuken!" Natsu exclaimed as he lighted his hands with fire and started to rapidly punched Naruto. Each attack caused a fiery explosion that destroyed the Phantom guild's castle. As Natsu was about to give the knock-out punch he looked at Naruto's face and said.
"It was a mistake to lay you hands on Fairy tail. I bet you really regret messing with us, right now." Natsu said.
What he saw surprised him because for a brief moment that he saw Naruto, his face was not in pain but had a subtle smile. His fist connected unto Naruto's cheeks that sent him flying and for a moment he thought he heard a silent "Thank you".
Naruto landed on a pile of rubble of rocks and woods caused by Natsu's attacked. He lay there as he heard everyone panic and evacuate as the castle collapse.
'So, this is the end.' He thought as pile of rocks rains down narrowly missing him.
"Master, I did what was right… Didn't I?" Naruto said as he looked at the sky too tired and aching to even move an inch.
~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~
Juvia woke up from the rumbling. She also felt two strong magics clashing.
"The castle is collapsing, and Master Jose and Master Makarov are probably fighting. Juvia must evacuate." She said as she saw Gray lying there. She looked at the balcony and saw the Fairy mages at the bottom. She turned back to Gray and said.
"You saved Juvia, now Juvia will save you." She used her water lock and tossed Gray towards them. The Fairy mages on the bottom were surprised when they saw a ball of water fall from the sky. When the water hit the ground, it splashed and they saw Gray lying on the ground. They took him and run away from the castle.
Juvia then activated her Dragonforce and transformed into water as she searched for Naruto. When she saw Naruto lying on the pile of rubbles, she was about to call him when she saw a huge light about to engulf the whole place so she hurried and trapped Naruto inside her water body.
"Thanks you, Juvia." was what she heard from Naruto before he passed out inside her water.
When the light subsided, Juvia let Naruto go as she deactivated her magic.
"Yo!" Juvia was startled and looked at the source of the voice. She saw Natsu lying there on top of some rubbles himself.
"What do you need? You already won… Juvia and Naruto-san didn't want to fight anymore." Juvia answered as she stood to protect Naruto's unconscious body.
"I know… I've noticed it at the last moment, but Naruto and you… You were just like us. You do your best for the guild. But you know, a true guild is like a family and a family doesn't make you do things that would put you into trouble or things that are against your will." Natsu said.
"Funny, that Ice mage also told me that." Juvia answered.
"So Gray also told you that, huh? Anyway, what I wanted to ask is who taught you you're dragon slayer magic?" Natsu asked.
"Why should Juvia tell you?" Juvia asked.
"Come on, it's not everyday you I run into a fellow dragon slayer. Don't be stingy." He retorted.
"Zennyo-Ryou…" She answered.
"Huh?"
"The Rain Dragon Zennyo-Ryou-sama." Juvia said.
"I knew it. It has to be a dragon. What happened to the dragon?" Natsu asked.
"Vanished… She just vanished one day. She just left Juvia without telling where would she go or when will she come back. Juvia misses her." Juvia answered.
"Lemme guess, that is on July 7th 7 years ago right?" Natsu asked.
"So you're dragon vanished on that day also?" She asked.
"Yeah, Igneel also vanished that day. You think there is a connection?" Natsu replied.
"Too much to be a coincidence but Juvia isn't sure." Juvia answered as she used her water to grasps Naruto's sword and return it to its scabbard then she strapped the scabbard on Naruto's belt. She then made a water bubble and placed it on Naruto's head so he could breath then she engulfed him in a water lock to carry him. She was about to go when Natsu said.
"If you hear anything about Igneel, be sure to pass it along to me."
"This might be the last time you and Juvia will meet." She answered.
"Don't be like that, afterall we are fellow dragon slayers. And it's not like I won't pass you the message if I hear anything about Zennyo-Ryou. Oh, and tell that friend of yours, I would love to fight him again. Next time, I don't want him to be spacing out too much on our fight or giving me too many open looks. It felt like I didn't beat him, it's more like he let me beat him." Natsu said as Juvia left.
Later that day, the whole Fairy tail guild was looking at shambles of their guild house.
"Man, I had planned on some renovations but this is a little too much." Makarov said.
He felt Lucy was uneasy so he said.
"Looks like they put you on a ringer as well."
"Turn that frown upside down Lu-chan." Levy said as she arrive with Jet, Droy and Reedus surprising Lucy.
"We started as a team and we came out victorious, don't sweat it okay?" Levy continued.
"No… I should be…" Lucy was cut off by Levy.
"Everyone here knows the score so don't beat yourself up okay?"
"Lucy, everytime you laugh and grieve, pieces of those memories become ours as well. When a member is in cloud nine, we all float. When a member is outraged, we all clench our teeth… When a member weeps, we all wipe our eyes. So you have no reason to be riddled with guilt and why would they. You are afterall, a member of Fairy tail, our family." Makarov said as Lucy cried out loud. Everybody laughed until they are surprised because Makarov also suddenly cried out loud.
As everyone was laughing, Makarov noticed Natsu looking up at the sky.
"Oi Natsu, you looked thoughtful. What's on your mind?" Makarov asked which made everyone looked at him.
"OMG! Natsu is thinking!" Happy said.
"Just how low do you regard Natsu." Lucy said.
"It's just that today, I learned so much." He answered.
"Waaa! Natsu learned!" Happy said.
"You really don't hold Natsu on high regards don't you?" Lucy asked.
"What did you learn?" Erza asked.
"That there are people in this world who are like us. People who were also abandoned and lost but unlike us they didn't find a good family." Natsu answered.
"People like them makes us appreciate our family more, right?" Gray finished having an idea who Natsu was talking about.
"I hope those people find a good home to shelter them…" Levy suddenly interjected.
"Why don't you invite them to Fairy tail then? Erza asked.
"Nah… they'll come when they want. They'll probably cause too much trouble anyway." Gray said.
"You never know, our guild is already full of trouble anyway." Levy said to which everyone laughed.
End Of Chapter 5
Sign up to rate and review this story