Categories > TV > WWE

Nobody's Hero

by tjsparkles 1 review

He wasn't a hero. He couldn't save everyone. Chris Hero/OC.

Category: WWE - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2013-02-08 - Updated: 2013-02-08 - 699 words - Complete

1Moving
He was nobody's hero.

Though he had been wrestling for the better part of two decades, which had allowed him to travel the globe and form several friendships along the way, it still wasn't enough. He'd amassed numerous titles and more adoring fans than he could count, and had even gained a faithful chant from his followers that was screamed at him nearly every time he entered an arena or a gymnasium.

Who's your hero? Chris Hero!

But he still felt empty. Chris knew that there were hundreds, probably even thousands of guys out there that would kill to be in his position, doing what they loved and getting paid for it, though it wasn't about the money to Chris. All the money and success in the world meant nothing to him if he didn't have someone to share it with. Once upon a time, he had. She had been the brightest spot in his life ever since he met her at the IWA-MS show that hosted one of the matches he would later consider one of the most important of his career. She was a wrestling fan, and immediately he'd been wary of her because of that. It was a well-known fact that a lot of the girls that liked wrestling were only after the boys for sex, drugs, money, or all three of the above. Most of them knew very little about wrestling and didn't really care about the sacrifices that the boys in the business had to make to earn their living. But the minute his eyes had locked on her large, almond shaped ones, Chris had found himself unable to look away. He'd been completely and totally mesmerized by her.

Their relationship was a whirlwind to him now. When he thought about it now, Chris couldn't understand how a relationship so full of love and admiration and respect had ended so quickly. He supposed that the saying about the brightest stars burning out the fastest was indeed factual. It certainly applied to the two of them. Chris desperately wanted to fix them, but he didn't know how. Despite his rock star-like status, he had never been that popular with girls. He was nothing like CM Punk, who was able to draw girls to him with his charismatic personality and bad-boy appeal, or like Colt Cabana, who, despite his very unconventional body structure, could make any girl laugh given enough time. Chris Hero was nothing like the cocky young man he portrayed night in and night out. It was only a gimmick and nothing more.

But she hadn't cared about his status. She had been much more interested in Chris Spradlin, as opposed to Chris Hero. She had wanted to know everything about him: what he liked and didn't like, what he liked to eat, his favorite color, his favorite movie, everything. He had never been the recipient of such attention before, and Chris had to admit that he had been flattered by it and had grown used to it. He had fallen in love with the bubbly, perky woman who had stolen his heart like an expert thief. She had been by his side through everything: from the falling out with Ian, which had led to his eventual departure from IWA-Mid South, to his trips overseas to Japan, where he had honed his skills and become a much more dangerous competitor in the process, to the signing of his WWE developmental contract. When Chris closed his eyes, he could remember the expression on his love's face when he'd told her the news. He could see her beautiful eyes widening, could feel her arms wrapping around his waist and the feel of her lips on his cheek as she'd kissed him in excitement. He would do anything in the world to get her back. He'd take everything back—the tag team title reigns with Claudio, his contract, all of it—if it meant that, when he came home that night, she would be waiting for him in his bed.

Who was he kidding? He was no hero. He couldn't save their relationship, and now, Chris fully understood what paying the price for his actions really meant.
Sign up to rate and review this story