Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Insignificant Things

by Aria_River 4 reviews

FRERARD. Frank is moving from New Jersey to California. He has no friends, no one to miss him. His stutter makes it harder for him to communticate with people, he goes unnoticed. Frank Iero moves i...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-02-13 - Updated: 2013-02-14 - 1449 words

1Exciting

Chapter 1: Unknown


The boy stared through his grimy window out into the streets of Newark. The chipped glass let cold air blow across his face as he stood there, lost in his thoughts. Frank Iero was seventeen, and had lived with his mother since his father had left them both distraught and alone when he was only seven. Frank stared at the gum-speckled pavement as he remembered the times when he had a real family, and friends, when he felt like he belonged.
His red and black hair fell across his forehead as he moved to his bed, throwing in the last thing into his almost empty suitcase. Today would be the day Frank would move to sunny California, away from the memories that lingered and tortured him in New Jersey. He felt deep remorse for his decision to leave this place where he grew up. But Franks mother had been so happy talking about California, he couldn't bear to see her let down; especially if it was his fault.
Frank swallowed and turned to face the window once again. He stared through the pouring rain and out across the polluted streets, and saluted. It was the best fairwell gesture he could give to his home town. He swore to himself he'd come back someday.

Frank bent down and laced up his scruffy black converse, sighing as he grabbed his bags, and walked through his front door. Franks mother had arranged to meet him at the airport in an hour, and he had no car, so he stood in the rain and called for a cab to pick him up. Ten minutes later, the yellow headlights beamed harshly into Franks eyes it sped towards him.
Frank jumped in the back, gave the driver directions and pulled his Ipod out of his Iron Maiden hoodie. 45 minutes later, the cab pulled up opposite the airport gates. Frank threw him a twenty over his shoulder and ran into the building, almost colliding with the security. He saw his mother almost immediately and went to meet her.
“Frank what took you so long?” she asked him bitterly.
Frank coughed and scuffed his shoes against each other, “T-TT-Traf-fic” he stuttered. His mother, Linda just sighed at her son and shook her head.
Half an hour later, Frank and his mum were on their plane heading to California. Frank chewed on his nails nervously as he thought of how his 'new life' would be. He saw himself the same as he was in New Jersey. No friends, bullied and a failure. He quickly pushed these thoughts out of his head as he tried to convince himself otherwise. He looked out the plane window at the clouds as he accepted that he would never really fit in anywhere, he would never be accepted in this society.

It was a reasonably short plane journey, and soon Linda and Frank were off the plane, breathing in the warm calming air. Franks mum was the happiest he'd thought he'd ever seen her. He looked around and for the first time in what seemed like forever, he smiled.
They made their way through several friendly neighbourhoods, and as they came up to their new road they took in the peacefulness of it. In New Jersey, they hadn't had much money, and they lived on a backstreet run-down house in one of the most dangerous areas. Frank couldn't go out to play when he was a child, or have his friends over.
This new road on which they lived was quiet, and the houses were big and spaced apart. Frank all of a sudden felt out of place here, stood in his black skinny jeans and dyed hair. He quickly scanned the houses, trying to find the one with the number 4.
“Frank over here!” his mum said excitedly to him. She was standing outside a big blueish house, staring up at it and taking in her surroundings. Frank was lost in his thoughts, looking at one of the houses that caught his eye.
This house was dark grey, and was the least colorful on the road, which made him smile. He looked the house over, and found himself staring through a window at a raven haired boy. He had the most intense stare, and Frank couldn't help but notice how beautiful this boy was.
Frank looked away blushing, and the boy quickly disappeared.
“Le-L-L-let's go insi-i-ide.” Frank muttered quickly in his mothers direction.
Linda retrieved the key from her pocket and they went inside the house, shutting the door loudly behind them. The house was cold and empty, but had a nice feeling to it. Frank could see himself living contently here, in this quiet neighbourhood.
“Frank why don't you go and explore this place. I'll be unpacking for most of the day anyway.” Frank knew his mother well enough that she didn't want him around, so there was no point in staying. His mother had been like this for years, sometimes she payed attention to him, but most of the time she kept to herself, barely coming out of her bedroom all day. Frank was like her in some ways. He didn't want to bother anyone in even the slightest way, and this made him a target for some people. Frank wouldn't argue or defend himself, he'd just take it as it was.
Stepping out of the door, Frank quickly glanced at the strange boys house again, and surely enough there was two young boys staring at him. One was obviously younger, but seemed more mature in that he was taller, and had a stronger face. The other boy was black-haired and had a soft girl-like face.
The taller one was saying something to the boy on his right, who was looking intrigued. Frank looked down onto the black road and shuffled down the road, wanting to be out of view of anyone he would disturb.

Gerard looked outside his window, squinting into the sun. The new family should be moving there soon he thought to himself. More people to discriminate him, to look down their noses at him. Gerard Way was nineteen years old, and lived with his brother, Mikey. Mikey was his only friend, aside from a few of his brothers friends who he classed as his own. Gerard didn't fit in, he was an outcast.
He shook his head and made his way down to his basement bedroom, and shouted in Mikeys direction to not disturb him.
“The new family should be here soon Gerard!” Mikey squealed, bursting though the door of Gerards bedroom excitedly.
“Calm down Mikey, it's not that exciting.” Gerard sighed.
“Cheer up Gee, we should go and see them when they arrive and welcome them, apparently they're from New Jersey or something I don't know.” He said in the space of two seconds.
“No.”
Mikey didn't argue any further, he knew he would do what he wanted in the end, Gerard always gave in.

Gerard went upstairs to find his brother. He found his room empty, which was unusual, as he was either in the kitchen, or in his room. Suddenly the view out of the window changed, and Gerard went closer to get a better look. There was a cab driving away from the house opposite him, and there was a middle aged woman, who looked like she hadn't slept in years, and also a young boy with dyed hair who looked interesting. He was wearing an Iron Maiden hoodie and ripped skinny jeans.
Gerard had seen noone like him around here before and he suddenly hoped that this was his new neighbour, and they could somehow become friends. Gerard rejected this idea immediately. Noone would want him as a friend, why would they?
Gerard looked back into the street, The boy was staring at him with big curious eyes. Gerard swore that he had never seen someone so beautiful before, and he just stared at him. The boy looked away blushing, so did Gerard. He felt like an idiot now, he just creeped out his new neighbour.
Gerard stood there for five minutes, waiting for Mikey.
“GERARD THEY'RE HERE” Mikey burst through his door ad made his way to Gerard, and noticed that he had seen them too.
Mikey and Gerard looked out of the window together, and watched the same boy come out of the house. The boy looked up slightly into the window and caught Gerards eye.
“Dude. I can see it already. We're going to be best friends.” Mikey muttered to his brother. Gerard gave a silent nod as the boy turned with his head down, and walked away into the distance.
“Lets go introduce ourselves Gee.”
“Tomorrow.”
Sign up to rate and review this story