Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Way Home

Please

by carmen 2 reviews

Ayasha returns to work and finds out more about Gerard's condition but when she returns home...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-02-14 - Updated: 2013-02-14 - 3411 words

5Exciting
Gerard’s eyes were full of love as he looked down at the woman sleeping in his arms. Late into the night they had made love in their own private hideaway as the storm raged outside. When at last Ayasha’s eyes had grown heavy and sleep became a necessity Gerard had promised to wake her when the morning light began to cover the land. With a heavy heart he knew the time was growing near and he’d need to wake her so she could get ready for work. Just thinking about her leaving caused his heart to race. He feared the darkness he knew would come once she was gone but more than that he simply hated the thought of her leaving him. How incredible, he thought, a woman I’ve only known for a week can make me feel this way. Gently he brushed his fingertip against her cheek. “Ayasha.” He whispered. “Time to get up.”

Her eyes fluttered open. “Good morning.”

“Good morning.” He said slowly sitting up. “It’s starting to get light.”

Ayasha glanced over at the closed doors and saw just a sliver of light. “I wish I didn’t have to go to work.” She said softly.

As much as he shared her feelings he wanted to try to put up a false front. “Yep, wish you didn’t have to go too but you do. While you’re in the shower I’ll make your breakfast.”

She sat up stretching her arms above her head. She smiled when she saw Gerard’s eyes flash as he stared at her bare breasts. “Sure you wouldn’t rather take a shower with me?”

As tempting as that was he shook his head. This morning he was feeling weak but didn’t want her to realize the truth. “Nope, if I do you’ll be late.”

Ayasha was disappointed in his answer. “Oh, yes I guess that’s true.”

Once they were down stairs Gerard pushed the steps back then they exited the closet. “Don’t forget you need to stop by the grocery store on the way home.”

She frowned, just thinking about anything that would delay her returned bothered her. “I really don’t think that’s necessary.”

Gerard took her into his arms. “Honey, you can’t run back here every evening. As much as I want you to there are things you have to do. Just pick up a few essentials, okay?”

“Okay.” She nodded then kissed his neck.

When she had showered and dressed for the day she headed for the kitchen. Gerard immediately poured her a cup of coffee then nodded for her to have a seat at the table. “You need more coffee, too.”

Ayasha sighed, “Okay.”

He placed a plate with two pieces of toast in front of her. “Not much of a breakfast and that’s the last of the bread.”

“It’s fine.” She took a bite then chewed slowly while looking closely at the man who’d sat down across the table. “Are you okay?”

Gerard tried to laugh, “Well I guess I’m okay enough for a guy who’s in a coma.”

“Gee, don’t joke.” She said shaking her head. “Something seems different.”

He realized he should have known she’d sense something. “I just feel a little bit different.”

“Do you feel weaker?” She asked slowly dreading his answer.

Gerard found he couldn’t lie to her. “Maybe just a little.”

“Damn it.” Ayasha said sitting back in her chair. “I knew what we were doing was wrong. We should be concentrating on getting you back to your life not…..”

“Not making love?” His voice was full of emotion.

She nodded looking down.

Before she realized it he was at her side and pulling her up into his arms. “What we’ve been doing couldn’t be stopped. You can’t stop falling in love.”

“But…” She sighed, “This is all so confusing. On one hand I think it’s wrong for me to have this personal relationship with you, that it is preventing us from concentrating on what’s most important.”

He gently rocked her back and forth in his arms. “But we both know it’s been more than just physical love, we’ve been sharing ourselves and our innermost thoughts with each other and I wouldn’t want anything to have stopped that.”

For several moments they simply stood holding each other. Finally Ayasha spoke. “I have to get going or I’ll be late.”

“I know.” He placed another kiss on her cheek then released her from his arms.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can.” She said looking into his eyes.

He forced himself to smile, “But only after you stop at the grocery store.”

“Okay.” She grabbed her purse then started for the door before her emotions could take over. The thought of leaving him was terrifying, she wanted to cry but that would not happen. She had to be brave and strong. She started to reach for the doorknob but suddenly her hand stilled, “Gee?” She whispered his name without turning.

“Yeah?” He was now directly behind her.

“I love you.” She said then threw open the door.

“I love you too.” He answered but the door was already closed. Quickly he raced to the window to watch her. But this time the darkness descended even before she was out of sight.

______________________________________________________

Tina, who was sitting on a bench outside the antique store, stood as she saw Ayasha coming down the sidewalk. “Good morning.” She greeted her.

“Good morning.” Ayasha reminded herself to smile even though her heart felt like it was breaking. She unlocked the doors then nodded for Tina to follow her in. As soon as the woman stepped inside Ayasha locked the doors again. The store didn’t open for fifteen minutes and she needed the time to get the shop ready to open. She quickly went to the back to switch on the lights then returned. “How are you today?” She asked as she rounded the counter to turn on the computer.

Tina leaned against the counter. “I’m okay. How have you been? I came over to talk to you yesterday but Dawn said you went on a buying trip.”

Ayasha realized this meant Tom hadn’t told Dawn the truth. “Yes.” She said not elaborating on the lie.

Tina was watching her closely and could see that even thought Ayasha was trying to appear as if nothing was wrong, it was. “Well I came by yesterday because I found out something about Gerard Way.”

Ayasha’s head snapped around. “What?”

Tina nodded, “I have a friend who works in the hospital out in LA where they took him.” She sighed, “So I gave him a call. I know how upset you are about what happened.”

Ayasha’s emotions were frazzled and anger took over. “How could anyone forget how upset I was? I’m sure Kyle is still laughing about it.”

“ I don’t think it’s funny that you’re upset. I’ll admit I didn’t know who Gerard Way was until it happened but being upset about someone overdosing isn’t strange.”

While she realized that Tina was trying to understand her it was hard to let go of her anger. “Yes, but I actually cried.”

Tina reached across the counter to gently touch her arm. “Letting your emotions out is good. That’s something you don’t often do.”

Ayasha sighed, “Sorry, I’m not mad at you.”

“But you’re mad at Kyle and I don’t blame you. Yesterday he stopped in the store to talk to me but it was pretty obvious he was just fishing for information about you.”

“Crap.” Ayasha rubbed her forehead as the first twinges of a headache were felt. “What did he say?”

“He was asking about the buying trip and Marco.”

“Marco?” Ayasha repeated in shock. “Why would he ask about him?”

“I suppose because he thinks maybe something is going on between you and Marco.”

“Oh hell.” Ayasha sat down heavily on the stool. “Marco is married with two kids. Does he seriously think I’d have something to do with a married man?”

Tina let her gaze wander to the front windows. “You know.” She said softly. “I’m starting to notice a lot more about Kyle. I’m glad you broke it off with him.” Suddenly she glanced at her watch. “Anyway I’ve got to get my store open. But about Gerard…my friend Sal is a nurse. He said Gerard is still in a coma but they were supposed to move him yesterday afternoon.”

“Move him?” Ayasha’s eyes grew wide. “Where?”

“To a private facility that deals with long term care.” She looked at Ayasha sadly, “Sal made it sound like they aren’t expecting him to come out of the coma so that’s why they planned on moving him.”

Immediately Ayasha blinked rapidly. “Oh.”

They were interrupted when a woman pulled on the doors, impatient for the store to open.

“Better get those doors open.” Tina giggled. “And I better get my store open too.”

Ayasha rounded the counter then unlocked the doors. She greeted the customer then turned to Tina. “Thanks for making that call.”

“Just wish I could have found out better news.” Tina said softly before heading down the sidewalk to her store.

Ayasha took a moment to get her emotions under control then went to speak to the customer.


The day had dragged by for Ayasha but it was finally over. Now as she walked away from the convenience store where she’d picked up a few items she was lost in thought. She’d searched the Net for news about Gerard but as of yet nothing had been mentioned about him being moved. In a way she hoped the reason he felt different was because he had been moved. Still she couldn’t forget the look of sadness she’d seen in Tina’s eyes when she said her friend made it sound like Gerard wasn’t expected to come out of the coma.

“But he will come out of it.” She whispered to herself as she hurried along. Even though she’d only stopped for a few minutes to pick up some groceries it seemed like a lot longer. The feeling that she needed to get to Gerard as soon as possible was growing with each passing minute.

By the time she neared her house she was almost running. She was so focused on getting to Gerard she didn’t notice the car packed behind hers on the road.


Gerard’s eyes opened as soon as she walked into the house. He started to move towards her intent on helping her with the two plastic bags she was carrying but when he took a step he swayed.

Ayasha, who’s eyes were on Gerard gasped when she saw him almost stumble. She dropped her bags, started to run to him but a voice stopped her.

“I was wondering where you were. You’re late.”

Ayasha spun around towards the kitchen. “What the hell are you doing here?”

Kyle smiled, “That’s not a very nice greeting. Uh, you always just drop your bags when you walk in?”

She looked back at Gerard and saw he was staring at Kyle.

“Who you looking for?” Kyle asked.

Ayasha folded her arms. “Get out of my house.”

Kyle laughed, “Man, you are a spitfire.” Suddenly he smile faded, “I asked you a question Ayasha, who are you looking for? You expecting someone to be waiting for you?”

“No.” She shook her head. “Not that it’s any damn business of yours what I do. Now get out and leave the key.”

“This key?” He held it up.

It was so hard for her not to look back over to where Gerard stood. She knew in her heart something was wrong. “Yes, that key. Leave it on the table and get out.”

Gerard slowly took a step forward but had to grab on to the back of a chair to steady himself.

Kyle shook his head. “No, I think I’ll hold on to it.” He said placing the key back in his pocket. He then walked over to the kitchen table. “You know while I was waiting I had some time to look around.” He lifted a sweatshirt he’d placed on the table earlier. “Wonder who this belongs to?”

Ayasha realized he’d found the sweatshirt and pants she’d bought for Gerard. Obviously when he’d disappeared into the darkness today they had been left behind. She had seen he was once again wearing the same clothes he’d first appeared in. “Get out of my house.” She said again this time the words were laced with fury.

Kyle just laughed, “Maybe these belong to Marco. You know it’s starting to make more sense why you broke up with me. But really, Ayasha while I get he’s more your type he can’t offer you what I can.”

“I’m warning you.” Ayasha’s voice shook. “Get out and leave me alone.”

“Honey I’m just trying to point out the obvious to you.” Kyle took a step towards her. “There’s more to life than just fucking. Screwing Marco might be fun but what can he offer you? The guys married with brats. You gonna make him leave his wife for you or are you just having fun?”

“There is nothing going on between me and Marco.” Ayasha spat. “You are a bastard for even thinking that.”

“How could I not think that? I know the truth about you.”

“You stupid mother fucker.” Gerard growled.

Ayasha forced herself not to look at Gerard. “You know nothing about me.” She said to Kyle. “Nothing.”

“Sure I do.” Kyle laughed. “I know all about you. I know all about the things you’ve done.” Before Ayasha realized what was happening he’d grabbed her arm. “What I want to know is why you haven’t done them with me. You always pretended to be such a prude when I’d touch you. We’re you holding out on me? Don’t see why, I’d already offered to marry you, bitch.”

Ayasha tried to shake off his hand but he tightened his grip on her arm. “Kyle get out of here or I’ll call the police.”

He laughed, “Chill we’re just talking. I’m just trying to figure you out.” He released her arm then walked towards the two easels. “Trying to figure out who you’ve been spending time with. Obviously you’ve had someone over to paint with you.”

Gerard walked slowly over to stand next to Kyle. “I’d like to knock this fucker out.” He said glaring at the man.

As much as she wanted to speak to Gerard she knew she couldn’t. The last thing she wanted was for Kyle to spread rumors she had gone insane and was talking to herself.

“So?” Kyle turned to Ayasha. “Who’s been painting with you?”

She couldn’t help it, the words came out before she could stop them. “Someone who is very dear to me.”

Kyle’s face clouded over. “Oh really? What’s his name?”

“That is none of your damn business.” Ayasha said deciding she’d had enough. “Now I’m going to call the police.” She started to grab her bag that had fallen on the floor when Kyle lunged at her.

“Ayasha” Gerard shouted in warning.

Kyle grabbed her bag and threw it across the room knocking down the easel that had held Ayasha’s painting. “You stupid bitch.” He screamed. “You still don’t get it. You’re fucking nothing.”

In horror Gerard watched as Kyle’s hand came back to slap Ayasha’s face. Her head jerked back from the force.

“Stupid ungrateful bitch.” Kyle tried to slap her again but this time she got her arm up in time to deflect the blow. She turned trying to make it to the door but he caught her arm and painfully twisted it behind her back. “You ain’t going anywhere.” He growled. “Not until I’m done with you. Then it will be over for us.”

“You son of a bitch.” Gerard yelled instinctively trying to grab Kyle but his hands simply passed through Kyle’s body. He tried to shove the man but as before his attempts were worthless.

“Come on, bitch.” Kyle said yanking Ayasha’s arm. “Time for you to show me some of your tricks.” She resisted but he pulled her harder down the hallway towards the bedroom.

“Fuck.” Gerard screamed the word which could only be heard by Ayasha. “No.” His mind went into overdrive trying to think of something he could do to help her. He tried to pick up the heavy lamp wanting to crack Kyle’s skull open with it but it didn’t budge from the table. He tried a large book but…nothing.

Ayasha was dragging her feet as Kyle continued to pull her down the hallway. She screamed making Kyle laugh. “Ain’t no one gonna hear you.”

At the bedroom he shoved open the door, threw Ayasha on the bed then pushed the door closed with his foot. “Now then.” He said leering down at her. “Time for you to be the whore you’ve always been.”

“You son of a bitch.” Ayasha screamed.

She didn’t have time to shield her face before he hit her.

Standing outside the door Gerard’s whole body was shaking. He could hear the struggle going on but because the door was closed he couldn’t see what was happening. “Ayasha.” He screamed her name.

Kyle’s voice was loud and angry. “I can’t believe I was stupid enough to ever want to marry you even though I really was just doing it to piss off the old man.”

Ayasha tried to scoot off the bed but he stood pinning her legs to the side of the matress. “Get out, leave me alone.”

“Oh I’ll leave you alone when I’m done.” He laughed “But you owe me.”

“I don’t owe you shit.” Ayasha tried again to free her legs but he reached down, grabbed the front of her shirt and yanked it open.

Ayasha screamed again and was rewarded with a slap across the face this time his ring caught her lip and she tasted blood.

“Shut up bitch.” Kyle yelled. “Don’t know why you’re fighting me. Come on, all you have to do is spread those legs for me. You’re an old pro at this shit.”

Gerard’s heart was racing, tears pouring down his face. He had to help her, he pleaded with God for the strength to help her.

_________________
LA
________________

Mikey’s eyes were nervously trained on the machine monitoring Gerard’s heart. He was about to call in a nurse when one arrived.

“Something is happening.” Mikey said nervously.

She rushed around the bed just as Gerard’s body began to convulse.

“Oh God.” Mikey whispered.

The nurse hit the button to summon more help.

__________________________________________

“Kyle, no.” Ayasha screamed as he leaned down to pin her to the bed with his body.

Gerard placed his shoulder against the door and shoved with every ounce of his strength, it didn’t budge. Again and again he threw his body against the door.

______________
LA
______________

“We need to restrain him.” The nurse yelled.

Mikey had backed up from the bed and was watching in horror as his brother’s body continued to violently convulse. It took three nurses to hold him down while they tried to tie his arms to keep the IV’s from being pulled out.

__________________________________________

“Please, God.” Gerard yelled, the only thought in his mind was getting to Ayasha. Once more he used every once of his strength to throw his body against the door. This time it crashed open.

“What the hell?” Kyle’s head jerked around in shock.

He didn’t see Gerard’s body slide to the floor neither did Ayasha who took the opportunity to crawl across the bed to the nightstand, yank open the drawer and pull out the knife.
Sign up to rate and review this story