Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Well, it rains and it pours

6

by evil 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-02-17 - Updated: 2013-02-17 - 807 words

0Unrated
The walk to Ray’s was awkward for both of the boys. Ray was trembling in the cold air, which seemingly wasn’t effecting Mikey at all.
“I’m sorry about the walk, it’s freezing out here,” Ray said apologetically.
“It’s fine,” Mikey replied. “I’m used to it.”
That made Ray’s heart drop, being reminded of the situation this boy and his friend were in. “You shouldn’t be used to it.”
Mikey looked up at him and gave him a small smile but didn’t reply. They continued to walk in silence, the only sound was that of Ray’s shivering. As the awkward tension rose again Ray started up the conversation with the first thought that came into his head, “I would have given you a lift back to mine… but Frank sort of…” He trailed off realising that was probably the last thing Mikey wanted to talk about.
Mikey‘s voice became cold and hard and he looked Ray directly in the eye, “Yes, I know about the car, I was there… so was Gerard.”
Ray flinched back dropping his eye-line to the floor. God, why am I such an idiot, he thought.
Getting Mikey away from the hospital had been easier said than done, he didn’t want to leave Gerard, especially in the condition that Gerard was in. After quite a lot of persuasion he finally agreed to go home with Ray. A lot of people would call Ray crazy for inviting a homeless stranger into his house without even the slightest understanding of what could come out of it but that was just the sort of person Ray was, he couldn’t stand to think of Mikey outside on a winters night like this, all alone. There was really only one option in Ray’s mind; invite him to stay at the house.
As both people walked up to the house, Ray realised how long he was lost in his own thoughts. He unlocked the door and gestured for Mikey to follow him in, which he did.
“I’m going to put some fresh pillows and blankets on the bed in the spare room, feel free to shower.. No offence dude but you stink.”
Mikey gave a little laugh but quickly agreed. He felt bad for using Ray’s things but there was no way he was going to pass up on an opportunity to shower and bring back a sense of humanity to his life.

Ray sat down on the sofa after getting the spare bed ready, popping his legs up onto the coffee table. The excitement of the day was really starting to catch up with him as he could feel his eyes slowly dropping shut.

“You're not in this alone
Let me break this awkward silence
Let me go, go on record
Be the first to say I'm sorry,”

What? Ray’s mind was groggy and he squinted as he opened his eyes and let the light momentarily blind him. Singing?

“Hear me out,
And if you take me down
Or would you lay me out
And if the world needs something better
Let's give them one more reason now, now, now,”

He followed the voice until he was standing outside the bathroom door, he was about to call out and see if Mikey was making that beautiful sound, when the shower shut off. Ray ran back to the sofa and sat down, trying to give the impression that he had been there all along.
After a few minutes Mikey descended into the living room and looked at Ray unsure what to do next. Ray soon took the hint and gestured towards the other end of the sofa. Mikey slowly sat down squishing himself right into the corner, keeping the distance between the two of them as large as possible. Ray tried not to look disappointed with this as he smiled at the other.
"I heard you singing," Ray said lamely, "You're really good!"
Mikey blushed bright red as he didn't think anyone would hear him. He could have sworn he heard Ray snoring; signalling that he was asleep.
"I‘m not much of a singer," he muttered back. Which caused Ray to stare at him with a disbelieving expression. “My brother is amazing though.”
"I don't think I've heard that song before, what's it called?"
"Skylines and Turnstiles," Mikey replied. "Gerard wrote it."
Ray looked impressed at that, "I've tried writing before with my friend Frank but the best we could come up with was one about having a secret goldfish."
Mikey giggled and Ray, sensing that Mikey felt more comfortable now, asked "Do you think I can hear the whole song?"
Mikey was hesitant but after quickly mulling it over in his head, answered "You can ask Gerard when he gets better."
Sign up to rate and review this story