Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

I Can't Sing Worth Shit, But I'll Sing You Our Song Any Day

by Sam41 2 reviews

Late one-shot for Ash; IT'S NOT MCR, so please for the love of SP don't rate it down

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-02-18 - Updated: 2013-02-19 - 1462 words

1Moving
“/Cause we’re doing fine, and we don’t need to be told/” The older girl sang to herself, walking around her obnoxiously busy house; which at the moment only had 2 cats, a mother and a little brother.
Even with all of these people surrounding her, Sam still felt alone; sad, lonely, whatever her cheesy little mind would come up with.
Why?
Is she sad
Well no fuck, she was missing the one person she loved most.
This person being her girlfriend Ash, who of course lived millions of miles away; or more than millions, or less..but that’s not the point.

Sam didn’t date, for she felt there was no need for it, and everyone she knew turned out to be a cunt. This relationship was her only real exception.
She had liked the girl for quite some time before they began dating; reasons ranging from her music taste, to what pairings she shipped to how amazing she came off to the older girl.
All of this made Sam crazy, and dating her didn’t help. NONONO, not because she was weird or insane (although she kind of is, in the most amazing way possible), but because of the distance, this distance meaning different timezones and it was all a big mess to think about.

None of that really mattered to the older girl, she enjoyed staying up and talking to Ash, she loved the conversations they had, the songs they talked about…everything.
Tonight, it was going to be different; no e-mail or kik, ficwad, nothing.
Tonight it was going to be a skype call, a video chat; which made the older girl freak right in the fuck out.
What if I look like shit? What if I fuck it up? What if she doesn’t like me as much when she gets to see how awkward I am?
Taking a deep breath in, calming herself down before she flipped right in the fuck out, in the middle of the Alexx’s kitchen, where her family would think she was a basket case who did cocain.

1 more hour, just practice a bit more, then log into skype, and don’t fuck things up The girl thought, heart slamming in her chest.
A surprise that the younger girl didn’t know, was Sam was learning the song If These Sheets Where the States on bass; the only instrument she didn’t suck at.
This song meaning the absolute world to the elder girl, as whenever she would listen to it, a smile would be brought to her face as memories from past conversations flooded in.

“I’m going to bed, don’t stay up too late alright?” Sam’s mother poked her head in, receiving a nod from the girl.
“Goodnight.” With that Sam was left alone, to practice and perfect the All Time Low song.
10 minutes left
Her hands slowly began to shake
5 minutes
She was at the point of puking from how nervous she was
Now
The skype notifaction sound began filling her room, causing her to shake even worse, placing the instrument down beside her on the bed; she did some last minute-hair fixing and clicked “accept”.

Chewing on her lip, as a bad habit she picked up; the screen changed, from her normal blink 182 desktop, to the girl she had been dating for the past month.

“Hey.” The younger girl started, a smile coming to both of their faces.

“Um hi.” Sam mumbled, playing with her fingers.

“Don’t be nervous, I won’t bite.” A nervous laugh escaped lips, as Sam became slightly more comfortable.

“Oh yeah, because the first thought that came to my mind when this began was “oh shit, she’s gunna bite me.”

“I could if you really wanted.” The girl joked, causing both of them to laugh, and continue on with odd conversations.

“Well I gotta go soon, even how much I want to keep doing this.” Ash sadly announced.

“Oh that su- Wait, NO!” Sam randomly yelled, feeling like a dumbass for her outburst.

“What?” Ash was above confused, she knew Sam was random as anything, but randomly shouting during skype chats didn’t seem like her thing.

“I um, have something to show you.” Sam mumbled, once again playing with her fingers.

“Does it explain why you have your bass sitting beside you? Or was that for show?” Ash asked, somewhat jokingly.

“Yeah, it includes the bass.” Sam grinned

“So it’s ‘The bass’?” Her girlfriend asked

“I wanna name it, but I don’t know what would work.” Sam explained, in a whining tone.

“We’ll figure something out, now what was this whole /something to show me/?”

“Oh yeah! Uh don’t judge my terrible, shitty ass singing though.” Sam mumbled, picking up the instrument and getting her fingers in the right position.

Here we go Sam let out one last breath before she began.
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again

This bed's an island made of feather down, and I'm stuck here alone
With little else but memories of you, on memory foam

Visions of a brighter love, I'd kill for one more day
To pool my thoughts, and find the words to say

If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

This room's become a mausoleum, filled with relics of regret
Paying dues to every moment wasted, on words left unsaid
Collisions of a finer love, I'd kill for one more way
To tell you how you make me better every day

If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

(Lost in empty pillow talk again)
(Lost in empty pillow talk again)

If these sheets were the states, and you were miles away,
I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.
Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.
I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk

I settle for long distance calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.
I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

Looking up nervously as she finished the song, Sam was greeted by an astonished face.
“Tha-That was amazing; except yeah, no offence babe; but you are a shitty singer. But like the female Zack Merrick on bass” This last statement, causing the girl to turn as bright as the red parts of her hair.

“Uh thanks.” She mumbled, an idiotic smile spreading across her face as she glanced over at the purple, sticker covered clock on her dresser.
12:30
“Ash, you know it’s midnight thirty here?” Sam mumbled

“/Midnight thirty?/” Ash asked with a slight laugh, never hearing that term before.

“Yes midnight thirty, don’t judge me for saying that. But you know what it means?” Sam asked smiling.

“It’s the 19th for you?” Ash guessed, eyebrow raised in confusion at what Sam was getting at.

“The 19th…..you don’t remember?” Sam asked, an expression of confusion washing over her features.

“The 19th, oh.” Ash smiled wide.

“Happy one-month anniversary Ash.” Sam whispered smiling, grabbing her IPod and clicking shuffle.

“Happy one-month anniversary Sam.” The two smiled, as Sam looked at her Ipod for it’s song choice.
I Can Wait Forever by Simple Plan
It fits, and it’s a killer song “killer song” in Sam’s case pretty much meant any Simple Plan song.

“I love you so much.” Ash whispered, causing her girlfriend to look down, embarrassed yet overwhelmed with happiness.

“I fucking love you.” Sam whispered; finally knowing what it meant to say these words with a meaning.

OH MY GOD IT WAS FLUFFIER THAN A SHEEP WITH A BOA AND CHEESIER THAN A CHEETO DIPPED IN CHEEZ WHIZ!
Background info
Yes I am dating Ash
Yes the 19th will be a month (I cannot believe I remembered that, I remember like nothing)
Ash dedicated ‘If These Sheets Where The States’ by All Time Low to me, and I dedicated “Jet Lag’ by Simple Plan to her
I am learning the song on bass, but no I won’t ever sing it, for I am shit at singing
(it’s early here, because it’s only 10:40) but happy early anniversary Ash :D
Sign up to rate and review this story