Categories > Original > Romance

The Awkward Symmetry Dance

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

(Hey Soul Eater fans!!! We really need to get a Soul Eater category in here so I can put this in the right place!) At the party for Corona, Kid finally makes his move.... (Maka's POV)

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-02-26 - 1717 words

1Original
"Are your sure Corona will be fine?" I asked Kid as all the well dressed.people showed up.

"Of course. He'll have to get used to crowds like this eventually." He said simply.

"Okay....." I watched Corona talking to Liz, holding his arm nervously.

"Maka?" Kid asked, his voice a little nervous.

"Yes?" I looked at him.

"Would you like to dance?" I blinked at him.

"Sure..." I heard Soul grunt as I took Kid's hand. He led me to the middle of the floor.

"Here, like this. So it's even." He put my hands on his shoulders. His fell on my waist.

"Okay." I looked at Corona, who seemed to be doing better. Patty had joined Liz and was offering Ragnrock food. Kid turned us in a tight circle.

"So, why did you ask me to dance all of the sudden?" I looked him in his yellow eyes.

"Symmetry." He smiled, his eyes getting that glassy look. "Did you know you are perfectly symmetrical? All the way diem to your eyebrows and your nose."

"U-uh.... I guess I didn't know." I said awkwardly.

"And your hair. It is perfection. Not a.single hair out of place."

"I like your hair too." He got that disgusted look on his face.

"Please, it's hideous compared to your perfection." He looked like he was going to be sick.

"Not if you turn your head and divide it down the middle stripe." I smiled. He looked shocked. He stopped leading for a moment and let me as he thought.

"You're right!" He laughed joyfully. "Oh thank you Maka!" He hugged me tightly.

"Kid! Can't breathe!" I gasped. He loosened his grip and took lead again.

"I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?" I shook my head. "Well that's good." He sighed.

I brushed his bangs out of his eye, making him red. "And even if they weren't symmetrical, I'd still like them. They set you apary as you." I smiled at him.

"Maka, you know I love symmetry, right?" I nodded. "Through my love of symmetry, I in turn love all things symmetrical and I am attracted to them." I got a bad feeling in my stomach. "So, in turn, I love you, Maka."

My legs felt like stones under me. "I love you too, Kid. Like a friend or a brother." I explained quickly.

"Maka, I would love you even if you weren't symmetrical." I stared at him with huge eyes.

"K-Kid...." I looked away, my eyes finding Soul's. "I'm flattered you feel like that, but-" his lips touched mine as I looked back at him.

Suddenly, I was being pulled away. "Stay away from my miester!" I heard Soul's voice. When I realized what was happening, I was behind Soul, who had turned his arm into his sythe blade and had out against Kid's neck.

"Soul...." I touched his shoulder. "Calm down. He didn't hurt me. It was just a misunderstanding." He looked at me and blamed down.

His arm changed back and he took my hand. "Let's dance." He didn't wait for my answer as he pilled me away in a large spin.

My dress fluttered around my knees. "Soul, don't be mad at Kid. It's not his fault." I said as his warm hands rested on my waist.

"So I shouldn't be mad that he clearly kissed you without you wanting him to?" he looked at me.

"It wasn't really his fault. Blame it on symmetry, if nothing else, okay?" He snorted.

"Well, I've seen that guy do done crazy things. I guess him kissing my miester will just have to be one of them." I felt my heart drop in my chest.

"Yeah. Cause kissing me is such a crazy thought." I said bitterly.

"Huh?" He tried to look at me, but I looked away. "Maka, you know I didn't mean it like that." I watched our feet. "Maka? Would you look at me?"

"Why?" I asked, my insides crashing. I felt the tears in my eyes. "I have to go." I spun out of his arms and headed to an open door.

"Maka!" I heard more than one voice as I ran into a garden. No. Don't follow me.

I ran into the maze of flowers and bushes taking random turns so they wouldn't be able to find me.

Finally, I tucked myself into a corner and pulled my knees up to my chest. "Maka?" I heard Soul's voice.

"Maka, where did you go?" I heard Kid. "What did you do to her?" I heard him ask Soul, his voice mad.

"I didn't do anything. You're the one who kissed her!" Soul shouted.

"I love her!" Kid shouted back. There was a long silence.

I couldn't hear what Soul said. It was only a grumble. But Kid gasped.

There was a rustle of leafs and footsteps. They were getting closer and closer. I pressed myself further into the bush behind me until I was almost completely in it.

I saw Soul's black dress shoes. "There you are." He said softly. I jumped at his voice. "Please come out?" He never said please. I shook my head, wiping my eyes on my arm.

"Maka...." He trailed off. "Okay then." I felt him push into the bush next to me. His arms wound around me. "I'm sorry." He said softly.

I said nothing. "Maka, you took what I said the wrong way. I didn't mean that he was crazy for wanting to kiss you. I meant he was crazy for kissing MY miester." He sounded protective.

"What do you mean Soul?" I finally looked at him. He wiped my eyes with the back if his hand. "Soul?"

His hand cupped my cheek lightly. "Maka, you know more about me than anyone else. Resonate with me." He closed his eyes.
I closed my eyes and let our souls pull together. His emotions flooded into me.

He felt awful for making me cry, scared when he couldn't find me and.... "Oh Soul." I sighed, my hand resting on his knee.

"Maka, I'm so sorry. I love you." I felt his forehead on mine. "Maka, can I...?" He said softly.

I tipped my head up and kissed him. He sighed softly, his soul pulsing even brighter around me. I put my hand on his arms in the cramped space.

After a long moment, he pulled back. "You are my miester." He breathed.

I smiled, knowing what he meant. "You are my weapon." I felt him weave his fingers with mine.

"Let's go. This isn't good for our backs." I let him pull me out of the bush. "Come here." He tipped my head forward. "The branches messed up your hair." He pulled the ribbons out of my hair and stood behind me.

He tried to put up my hair again and failed. "Change your arm. I have a idea."

After a minute of me using his sythe blade as a mirror, I had my hair fixed. "Your turn." I plucked leafs and twigs out of his white hair and smoothed it out.

"Maka. Are you okay?" I heard Kid before his hand fell on my shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm cool." I smiled and took Soul's hand, which seemed to calm him down a bit. Kid's eyes fell on our twined hands.

"I see." He said, his voice slightly monotonious. I let go of Soul's hand and hugged Kid for a second.

"We're still friends, right?" I asked him softly. He hugged me back tightly.

"Yeah." He said softly. I ruffled his hair, making him freak out.

I smiled at him and took Soul's hand again. "So how do we get out of here?" Soul asked.

I froze. "I thought you knew?" I looked at him. He shook his head. "Well I basically ran in here blind." I looked around.

"Are you serious?" He asked, his mouth falling. "Can't you like... Follow the group of souls out of here or something?" I blinked at him.

"Maybe..." I reached out with my mind and felt the gathering of souls. I pulled Soul toward them and we burst out of the maze.

"You did it!" He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"MAKA!!!!! Get your filthy hands off of my baby girl!!!!" I turned on my toes, kicking my papa out of the air. "M-aka!"

"Go away!" Soul and I shouted at the same time.

"My baby girl needs daddy's protection from filthy little boys!" He cried, standing up.

"Get out of here!"

"Death Sythe?" Kid asked from behind us. "Shouldn't you be with my father?"

"Let's go back inside." I whispered to Soul. He nodded.

"Maka!" I kicked him again, this time smashing his face into the ground.

"Stay away from us." I said pointedly. He cried and bled on the ground.

"I think I'll do something for you, Maka." Soul grinned at me.

He ran over and said something in Liz's ear. She turned to Patty and said something to her.

Patty smiled and ran over to me, wrapping her hands over my eyes. "Patty?!" I gasped as she walked me somewhere in the room.

I was forced onto something soft. The music stopped. And then I heard it.

Soul's song. Patty's hands left my face and I was sitting next to Soul in front of the piano.

The room had gone silent. I watched his hands moving easily. He smiled at me, not missing a beat.

I rested my head against his shoulder as he played. "Thank you Soul. For playing for me again." I whispered.

He sighed. "Thank you for putting up with me." I hard the smile in his voice. As his song ended, he put his arm around me.

"Noooooo!!!!!!" I heard my papa cry on the other side of the room. I sighed and turned my head into Soul's chest. "You did what with my Maka?!" He yelled.

Looks like Kid was still being a friend. He was distracting papa from Soul and me.

That's good. I smiled against Soul.










Something random. If anyone has some free time, can you suggest Adventure time and Soul Eater as new categories? I would, but I have to get my stuff ready for school tomorrow.

So R+R if you think Black Star is annoying too!

Hugs and Snakes,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story