Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Outcome of a Failed Suicide Atttempt

Friends Share Secrets

by Mikeyunicornrawr 6 reviews

Pete has a few friends over, including Patrick

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-02-27 - Updated: 2013-03-01 - 2797 words

3Moving
Dinner with Pete and his mother was nice. His father is currently out of town working, which Pete thinks is a ruse for him to sleep with other women. He told me he doesn’t want to think that his father is out there somewhere trying to get in another woman’s pants, but he’s pretty convinced that’s what’s going on. Once his father came home late smelling like perfume, with hickeys all over his neck. He didn’t tell his mother, though, he couldn’t stand to see her heart broken. She loves his father very much, and that makes her happy. Pete didn’t want to steal her happiness. Pete and I exchanged phone numbers before my mother and I headed home. I found myself not wanting to leave. He hugged me tight, so that should hold me over until tomorrow, at least. Now I’m lying in my bed, texting him.

Your mom is nice.

So is yours, except she kept giving me this really sad look...

She’s just worried, Patrick. I talked to her after you left. Your mom told her, she needed someone to talk to. They both think having a few friends will help you out, and I agree. When you feel alone, it’s easy to be depressed. By the way, tomorrow when you see the kid who knocked you down, pretend you see a spider, it’ll be worth a laugh.

So the giant is afraid of spiders? And yeah...having friends can’t really hurt, I guess.

I wish I could see your eyes.

That’s random...

No, No it isn’t ‘Trick. :) Your eyes are so interesting.

I keep dropping the phone on my face each time I doze off, so I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?

Haha, goodnight Patrick.

Night Pete



On the school bus, there is a very loud group of girls talking about hair accessories, boys, or whatever girls talk about. A few guys behind me, who don’t seem to have showered in weeks, are talking about this kid they beat up yesterday. We stop at another stop, and a tall guy walks on and looks around for a seat, his curly hair bouncing slightly as he walks through the bus and stops at my seat.

“Mind if I sit here, Patrick?”

“O-Oh, no..” I scoot over and pull my backpack into my lap, “You’re um...”

“Joe.” he smiles, “Whatcha listening to?” he nods towards my iPod.

“Um.. right now it’s Greenday.”

He grins, “Awesome.”

I smile and nod.

“So, I know Pete’s already probably apologized for Mary, but I’m sorry too. She’s a bitch sometimes.” he shrugs, “You should still sit with us. Pete isn’t half as bad as she wants people to believe.”

I raise an eyebrow.

Joe nods, “Right, you don’t know. She and Pete dated for a bit. They both knew it was an experiment for Pete. He wasn’t sure if he was interested in girls, and the outcome was that he wasn’t. She’s been bitter with him ever since.”

My eyes widen, “Wait, what?”

Joe covers his mouth, “Ah shit...”

“Pete’s gay?”

Joe sighs and nods, then chuckles softly, “Don’t know why he thinks he can keep it secret, those tight jeans and his behavior in the locker room aren’t exactly discreet.” he looks over to me, “You’re okay with that, right? You don’t really strike me as homophobe..”

“I...I’m not a homophobe, Joe. I have no problem with Pete being gay...I’d be a bit of a hypocrite..” My eyes widen, “Please ignore that.”

“You’re gay too?” Joe grins, “Awww..”

“Sh-Shut up...”


On my way to the lunch room, I see the bolder from yesterday, and Pete's suggestion comes to mind. I fight off a grin and point to the ground.

"SPIDER!"

He jumps up and screams, running down the hall, knocking one of Pete's friends down in the process. I walk over and help him up.

"Sorry that was kinda my fault."

He smiles, "No problem, Patrick."

"I um.. I forgot your name..."

"Gerard." he smiles and walks with me to the cafeteria.

Mary rolls her eyes as I sit down at the picnic table beside Pete, “Didn’t I tell you-”

“Thank you for your concern, Mary, but until Pete gives me a reason not to trust him, I will.” I give her a kind smile and take a bite out of my sandwich.

Pete grins and sticks his tongue out at her playfully, “Don’t be mean, Patrick’s a sweetie.”

I blush lightly and continue eating my lunch.

“Just keep in mind, Peter, getting into his pants was not part of your mommy's orders.” She smirks.

I choke on my sandwich and quickly take a drink as Pete rubs my back gently, glaring at her.

“Shut the fuck up, Mary.”

“What? Even if you didn’t tell him you’re gay, I’m sure he’s noticed.”

Pete frowns.

“No, it’s okay.” I say, recovering from choking in shock, “Seriously, Joe already told m-”

“YOU WHAT!?” Pete stands up angrily.

“Chill!” Joe holds his arms up to guard any potential punches, “He was fine with it!”

“THAT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS TO TELL TROHMAN!” Pete says, still enraged.

“Pete.” I grab his arm and pull him back down, “It was an honest mistake, and it’s fine.” I smile at him reassuringly, “Really I have no problem with it.”

Pete bites his lip, “But now you’re gonna have that constant nagging ‘oh God is he hitting on me?’ thing going through your head.”

I roll my eyes, “No Pete, I’m not. For two reasons, one I’m not an idiot, and two I have no delusions you or anyone for that matter would be hitting on me.”

Pete frowns, “Why wouldn’t someone hit on you?”

I shrug, “Because I’m invisible.”

Pete is quiet for the rest of lunch.



After my last class, I walk to my locker, praying I get the combination fast enough this time. My eyes widen slightly as I see Pete, leaning against my locker.

“Trying to make me miss the bus..again?”

“Precisely.” He steps out of the way, “I’m driving you home.”

“Is that a request or a demand?” I raise an eyebrow as I fumble with the lock, swearing under my breath.

“Demand.” he pushes me out of the way lightly, “What’s the combination?”

“35, 12, um.. 25 I think.”

He nods and unlocks it with ease before stepping aside, “There you go.”

“Th-Thanks..” I get the things I need before shutting the locker, “So am I a hostage now?”

He smiles a bit, “Yes you are.” he grabs my arm and forms his fingers to look like a gun, pressing against my temple, “Keep quiet and walk to the car.”

We both fight to keep from laughing as he leads me to his car. Mikey raises an eyebrow, sitting on the hood.

“I didn’t realize you were going to take him by force.”

Pete grins and puts his hand down, “Don’t know what you’re talking about, Mikes.”

Mikey rolls his eyes, “Where the hell is my brother.”

“I was just about to ask that. I agreed to give him a ride home until he gets gas money for his car, but I said nothing about waiting. Hell, I got a hostage in the time we waited.”

“So you’re teenage taxi service?” I look up to Pete.

“On occasion.” Pete grins, “But there’s a part two to my ride home question that you have no choice but to agree to.”

“Okay?”

“It’s Friday, so I was thinking I could take you home, you could pack some clothes and spend the night?” he pouts.

“I-I have homework-”

“And an entire weekend to do it.”

“-but I don’t know if my mom-”

“She likes me, so no problem there.”

“-and I should really get unpacked-”

“I’ll help you with that some other time. Now no more excuses, ‘Trick.” Pete smirks.

I bite my lip and say in a small voice, “I’ve never spent the night anywhere before.”

“Well, then this is definitely a good idea.” Pete smiles, “C’mon please? Mikey and Gerard and a few other people are going to, too but if you don’t come they’ll have to deal with a very mopey Pete.” he pouts and looks at me with sad eyes.

I blush, “Fine..”

“Yay!” Pete grins and hugs me tight.

I hug back, hating to admit to myself how much I needed this hug. I feel myself resting my head on his shoulder before pulling back. I’m getting too comfortable with this. I look up at Pete and feel myself blush. Way too comfortable with this.

“Sorry!” Gerard runs over, holding a shorter boy with dark hair’s hand.

“This one got in trouble and had to stay back.” The boy, who I think might actually be shorter than me, says with a soft smile.”

“Trouble?” Mikey asks.

“Drawing in class.” Gerard holds up a piece of paper with a drawing of what I’m guessing is a vampire.

“Okay we should leave now...” Pete laughs, “We don’t wanna be those kids that hang out at school, after school.”

I look down shyly, “I happen to be one of those kids.”

Pete grins and kisses my cheek, “Not anymore.”

I blush deeply and mumble, “Well it was more of a friendless sort of thing.”




Pete, Mikey, Gerard, Frank, Ray, Joe, Andy, and I sit on Pete’s livingroom floor as Pete presses play. Pete picked some movie I’ve never heard of, called Repo! The Genetic Opera.

“I have to warn you, ‘Trick..this is a really weird movie.” Pete grins.

I look at him, “Will there be blood?”

His grin widens, “Lots.”

I squeak.


When the movie ends, my face is buried in Pete’s shoulder. He chuckles softly.

“It’s over now.”

“Th-That was the weirdest shit I’ve e-ever seen!” I look up to him as he stands to take out the movie.

“It wasn’t so bad, ‘Trick. If I had known blood scares you I wouldn’t have chosen that movie.” He smiles.

“It’s just blood, don’t be a wimp.” Gerard nudges me playfully.

“I-I’m n-not a wimp. I just.. I can’t see blood anymore without fr-freaking out.”

Pete drops the dvd case, “Oh Patrick...”

“Why?” Andy raises an eyebrow.

“I-I..”

“Do not question him.” Pete says firmly, giving them all a look that shuts them up before holding out his hand for me, “We need to talk.”

I nod and take his hand, standing with his help. We walk upstairs to his bedroom, not letting go of each other’s hands. He sits with me on the bed and pulls me into a tight hug.

“You poor thing I’m so sorry... I guess it didn’t register that there was blood...”

I bite my lip and nods, “A-A lot of blood. I did it wrong though and just passed out from the blood loss and...” I pull up one of my jacket sleeves, showing him a scar across my wrist.

“P-Patrick!” He hugs me tighter, “Fuck... Patrick fuck!” he wipes his eyes quickly, “Do you want to spend the rest of the night, just us?”

I bite my lip and nod. As nice as the guys have been to me, they still make me really nervous.

“But I don’t want to be rude.”

“Not a problem, I’ve got it handled, okay Sugar? I’ll be right back.” Pete walks out of the room and downstairs.

I know he told me to wait here, but I’m curious. I walk out of the room and listen to them talking downstairs.

“Hey guys, Patrick isn’t feeling so well so I’m gonna stay upstairs with him..” Pete says softly.

“Pete...are you crying?” I can hear the frown in Mikey’s voice.

“N-No, don’t be stupid.”

“Is he okay?” Joe asks in a concerned voice.

“He’s.. He’ll be fine.” Pete tells them.

“What bothered him about blood?” Gerard asks curiously.

“That... That’s not my story to tell, I’m sorry. And I’m sorry to ditch you guys but... he needs me.”

“Don’t worry about it Pete, we understand. Hug him for us.” Mikey says.

“Or kiss him, whatever you two want.” Joe laughs softly.

“Shut up, Trohman. I better go upstairs... night guys.”

“Night.” they say in unison before discussing the next movie.

I hurry back into Pete’s room and sit on the bed as he comes back upstairs.

“They’re fine with it.” he smiles and wraps his arm, “And I was ordered by Mikey to hug you...”

I blush and bite my lip, “Thanks for not telling them.”

His eyes widen, “You eavesdropper.”

I smile slyly, “I was curious.”

He chuckles, then blushes, “So you heard Joe...”

“Oh, yeah about that-”

“Don’t worry I won’t try to turn you gay and all that.” he rolls his eyes.

“You wouldn’t have to... I am gay.” I look down, “Do not tell my mom.”

“You’re.. You’re gay?” Pete blushes, “I didn’t pick that up...”

“I’m decent at hiding it...but my mom’ll find out eventually.”

“You know she’d still love you, right? She would.”

I bite my lip, “But she expects me to get married and have kids some day....”

“Well her expectations will have to be tweaked a bit, won’t they?” Pete smiles and hugs me, “Don’t worry over it right now. So have you had a boyfriend before?”

“Why of course, Pete. I’ve had millions of boyfriends, just no friends.” I roll my eyes.

He nods, “Okay, dumb question, Got it.”

I shrug, “Have you?”

He blushes lightly and nods, “Mikey and I dated for a bit.”

“Dated?”

“Yeah, we decided despite having someone to kiss and cuddle and feel less lonely, we work better as friends. Plus he’s got this huge crush on-” Pete covers his mouth.

“Who?” I ask curiously.

“I can’t tell, Mikey’d kill me.” Pete mumbles.

I pout, “But friends share secrets, and I’m supposed to be your friend.”

Pete’s jaw drops, “You evil little...Fine. But do not tell a soul.”

I nod and mime zipping my lips.

“Frank..”

My eyes widen, “Isn’t his brother-”

He covers my mouth and nods, “That is why it’s super top secret.”

I nod.

He moves his hand, “And by the way, you’re not invisible.”

I shrug, “I am to most people.”

“Well that’s because they suck. I see you, so therefor you are not invisible. As for people not hitting on you, you don’t want to be hit on anyways. You’re too good for that. Hitting on someone is desperate and pathetic. Now, flirting is a different matter entirely. And you have been flirted with..trust me.” Pete bites his lip.

“I have? Because I don’t recall it happening, ever.”

Pete smiles softly, “That’s the funny thing about it sometimes... you don’t even notice. Your eyes are blue again.”

I blush lightly, “Oh?”

“Yeah, during the movie they were a really dark green...”

“Wh-Why do you notice my eyes?” I look up to him.

He smiles softly and speaks quietly, “I just have an eye for beauty.”

I blush deeply, “Wh-Whatever P-Pete.”

He chuckles and stands up, unbuttoning his pants.

My eyes widen, “Wh-What are you doing?”

“Changing into pajama pants.” he says casually, kicking his pants to the floor.

I look down, with much difficulty. He joins me back on the bed and smiles, hugging me again.

“Patrick?”

“Y-Yeah?”

“I need to tell you something.” he pulls back, the smile replaced with a slight frown.

“O-Okay..”

He licks his lip nervously before looking up at me, “I understand what it’s like..to feel so depressed.. you try to end things. I overdosed.” he bites his lip, “But I... I’m okay now. I was, like you, just in a bad place.”

I frown and hug him tightly, “I-I know what you meant... the thought of not meeting you h-hurts..”

He hugs back just as tightly, “But we’re both here, and that’s what matters.” he smiles at me, “It’s okay Patrick, I will always be here for you.”

“I-I’ll always be here for you too, Pete. You’re... You’re my best friend.”

He smiles widely and hugs me tight.
Sign up to rate and review this story