Categories > Original > Horror

Useless

by gaarasmiling 0 reviews

Just something short that was inspired by System of a Down's 'Chop Suey'.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-03-01 - 249 words - Complete

0Unrated
Useless. Useless. Useless. Useless. Useless!
The mantra echoes dizzyingly inside her mind like a broken record. Breaking down her calm at every repeat of the goading word until it becomes the soft fuzz of a television. Only then does her hand lift nervously, shaking, and grab the kitchen knife lying carelessly on the marbled bench. The caress of her hand is gentle but when a silvery tear falls, its intentions are any but.
Useless…
Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. Right foot. Left foot…
“Don’t cry on me, cry-baby,” emotionless words, tired almost, mutter themselves from the lips of the slumped man on the mahogany and velvet chair.
There is a moment that she finds her pent up rage and self-pity explode in a glorious yet terrifying second before his eyes widen in shock and the blade makes contact with the skin on his neck. Gone like a lightning flash, the intensity of the instant is broken like the soft skin, and warm crimson liquid gargles out.
It’s satisfying for that second, but the force of extinguishing a life with her very own trembling hands connects in her numb brain. Suddenly the echo has stopped and white noise fills her head.
What was it all for?
Sobs erupt and emotion in liquid form mixes in with the blood on her hand that covers her face in shame and confusion.
I love you daddy…why don’t you understand that?
Sign up to rate and review this story