Categories > Original > Sci-Fi

Broken Butterfly

by gaarasmiling 0 reviews

Alice has to escape for many reasons. A bit of comparison to importance of looks in today's society I guess. Something I started and may or may not finish considering I had more written, but my lap...

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-03-01 - 446 words

0Unrated
Alice puffed as she ran through the dark castle corridors. They mustn’t catch her! If they did it would be all over for her. They would find out her secret, and destroy her and what she was protecting. Breathing heavily, she stopped for a moment to catch her breath. Electric blue lights flickered on around her, reflecting eerily on her pale, mascara streaked face; tears dried in black. She gasped, and starting running again. They were too close! Ignoring the stabbing pain in her side, she pushed herself as fast as possible to the tiny glimpse of light. If only she were faster…
“…the broken butterfly can’t escape without her wings…” whispered a wicked voice from not far behind her.
Alice held in a terrified scream and tried to go faster. Her heart was beating like a techno beat. Fear held her in its ice cold grip, slowly trying to break her down. But she must not lose to it. She must make it to the light.
Out of nowhere, a slimy hand covered her mouth and yanked her to the ground. She screamed at the top of her lungs; tears threatening to burst from her eyes. A horrible stench wafted over her face as another man’s face appeared centimetres from hers. The face was grotesque and twisted. It seemed like something out of a nightmare, but for Alice this was real.
His creepy voice whispered tauntingly, “now, now, I did tell you a broken butterfly can’t escape without her wings, didn’t I? Now it only seems fitting to use the phrase ‘I told you so.’”
He sneered and stared into her eyes; staring into her mind. Alice tried to look away, but his eyes were glowing a mesmerising green. They were hypnotising her. Silently, she wished she’d been faster, and stronger. But, those wishes were put to the back of her mind, as she watched his mangled claws rise to her face with terrified eyes.
“Now your pretty face will look like mine,” he laughed, “and everyone will look at you in disgust! All your friends will hate you, and you will go insane!
He cackled hysterically. Paralysed in his eyes, she couldn’t do anything as he clawed at her face. Her face was on fire from the pain. Alice could feel the blood trickling down her face from the gashes. The tears were silent and uncontrollable as they fell from her eyes. Pain overwhelmed her, and soon darkness took over her mind.
“Don’t worry, little broken butterfly, you may not be able to fly, but you can crawl,” the riddle was the last thing she heard.
Sign up to rate and review this story