Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Of Comics and Coffee

Of Greeks and Vodka

by GAClive 2 reviews

She took the phone and scrolled through his contacts before finding it quickly. It was near the top of the list as “Asshole-Frank.” She wait for him to pick up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2013-03-03 - 1607 words

2Original
Gerard brought his black jeep to a halt at the stop sign and looked at the street before him. "Oh boy, here we go." He gulped at the long line of fraternity houses and turned onto the street. He drove slower than he had expected as he noticed various drunken stragglers jay-walking or simply zig-zagging down the middle of the street in their drunken endeavors. He cringed as he watched a poor soul threw up at the base of a street light, it's amber glow shining down on the guy's blond hair. He looked very joker-esque. He drove past and shrugged it off, hoping that he wouldn't find Lauren in a similar state.

It had taken him longer than he would have liked to get to this street. After he had left the comic shop he noticed that he had actually left his own cell phone at his apartment and that his car was running low on gas. So after one phone-pickup, three different gas stations, two traffic james, and near collision with a homeless clown he had finally arrived 3 hours after he had left.

"Ok... I'm gonna guess that that's it," he muttered to himself as he slowed to a stop outside a green and red painted house. He hated the colors and especially hated the loud rap music and constant stream of drunk students that came in and out of the house.

He slowly stepped out of his car and stared up at the intimidating structure before he took a deep breath and stepped inside.

-

Lauren was not having fun. Watching people play beer pong was not fun, moving through over-crowded hallways was not fun, and shoving off horny guys was definitely not fun. She was thankful though that she followed Gerard's advice, already twice tonight she had had drinks dumped down the front of her blue, flower print top. And she wasn't entirely sure that they were accidents. No, the guy who had dabbed at her breasts with his swiftly-removed shirt definitely did not spill his beer by accident.

She made her way down the stairs of the fraternity house and cautiously avoided the string of couples that zig zagged along the way. She yelped and walked down faster when she felt one hand slap her butt. It was probably a good time to leave.

A loud chanting started up by the time she reached the living room, the sound came from the backyard where there was possibly more people outside than inside. If that was even physically possible. She tried shoving her way towards the back yard, hoping that she could find Grant so he could give her a ride to her dorm.

After much shoving and scraping against other bodies she finally made it to the backyard. The hazing must have started up because there was Grant and some of his frat brothers encircling a group of fresh faced/fresh meat/ freshmen pledges. She cringed when she saw the large bottles of cheap vodka that were brought over. This was not going to be pretty.

The group of frat boys shifted so she could see that one brother stood behind an applicant with their meaty hands resting on the typically smaller shoulders. Her eyes met those of a bespectacled guy she remembered from her bio class. Some genius premed student that made her feel dumb just by looking at his nerdy shirts where some formula would equate a punchline. He was a nice kid but definitely not greek material, though.

“Tam!” She shouted to be heard over the chants. He gave her a small and nervous wave before turning his attention to the approaching brother with the vodka. The guy standing behind shoved Tam to his knees and forcefully tipped his head back why the other brother poured the whole bottle on top of Tam's face. It was an effective form of waterboarding, but instead with the sharp burn of cheap vodka.
She balked at the sight before deciding it might just be best to walk to take the long walk back to her dorm.

A loud voice caught her attention, however, and she saw another frat brother shove a familiar red head towards the center of the hazing. “Grant! I found another pledge!” Ozzy was a guy that almost everyone knew on campus, the rich failure of an architect major that gained popularity by funding “extracurricular” parties and events all over town. No one especially liked him, and no one would remember the nondescript classmate.

Ozzy shoved the struggling red head to a couple of brothers who grabbed on to him immediately. “WHAT THE HELL! SHIT! STOP!” In horror she now clearly saw her boss as Grant stalked forward with a fresh bottle of vodka.

“STOP!” She screamed but no one heard her, the bottle already unloading its contents on the face of Gerard. The process seemed to last an eternity to Lauren as she watched in horror, her body still before she got over the shock and moved into action.

The bottle was empty when she reached them and Gerard was a wet mess gasping for air. “I can't believe you assholes!” She said as she pulled Gerard to his feet.

“Baby, what are you doing?” Grant tried to grab her arm but she jerked away from him. The crowd around them was still as loud and crazy as ever and no one seemed to care about what was happening.

“Fuck off, Grant!” She shouted and half-dragged, half-walked Gerard towards the backyard gate, trying to avoid going through the overly crowded house. It was slow progress but they finally made it to the front yard where Gerard collapsed on the grass, chest heaving for air.

“Oh my god, Gerard! Are you ok? What are you doing here?” He shook his head until she stopped talking and reached into his pocket.

“You forgot your phone!” He rasped before spitting at the ground and handing her the phone.

“Oh...” She frowned in worry and took it from him. “Are you ok?”

Gerard shook his head again, “I need to get home and-” He cut off his sentence to puke in the grass. “Shit.”

“Ummm...” She nervously patted his back as he heaved his tribute to the greek system. “What do we do?”

“Call Frank,” Gerard gasped after he finished puking, “I'm not going to be able to drive home.” He dug in his pant pocket again and handed her his own phone, this time his hand dancing small circles in the air. He was definitely drunk now.

She took the phone and scrolled through his contacts before finding it quickly. It was near the top of the list as “Asshole-Frank.” She wait for him to pick up.

“Hey! What's up?” The cheery voice of Frank answered her.

“Hey, it's Lauren and I work for Gerard and I'm with him and he's drunk and we're stranded and he told me to call you and oh god he's puking again and I don't know what to do,” she streamed more than spoke the words.

“Give me the address and hold tight. I'll be there fast,” he sounded so calm that she wondered if he had done this kind of thing before. She gave him the address and hung up the phone.

Frank wasn't lying when he said he'd be over quickly. After 20 minutes of waiting and letting Gerard drunkenly lean on her and ramble on about famous artists, Frank pulled up in a small sedan. He stepped out and jogged over to them. “Let's get him in the back seat and take you home,” he said.

The two helped the staggering writer to the car and let him lay down on the back seat. “Hang tight, Way,” Frank called as he sat behind the wheel, “We'll get you over to Mikey's and fix you up.” As soon as Lauren was buckled in, the car drove away from Fraternity Row.

-

A few feet away from where Frank's car was parked, the bushes rustled and parted. A blonde woman stepped out onto the sidewalk and put her phone to her ear. “Leigh, it's Alice! I'm sending you some pictures now from my phone can you fix them up a bit you know contrast and stuff? Oh my god, thanks! It's pretty great! Bye!” She hung up the phone and smiled to herself as she emailed the snapshots. She could already see it: “Washed Up Rock Star Relapses!”



A/N: I'm BAAAAAAACK! Well that was quite the hiatus. Sorry for making you guys wait so long, but life happens. I will definitely update more in less time than I did for this.

Here you can see more results for the auditions! My thanks to winners IAmJustFine and TOLOVEISTODESTROY for their characters Ossian/Ozzy and Tam (respectively).

For those of you not in the States what happened in this chapter might be a bit odd but it is very common at American universities. Hazing happens during the pledging phase of a fraternity or sorority accepting new members. Hazing is always a humiliating and dangerous experience that really needs to stop but sadly tradition always wins over. Many hazing experiences include forced binging, sexual harassment, violence, mild torture and can result in the suicides and accidental deaths of those who want to be inducted into the greek system. Not all fraternities and sororities do hazing, but it is still a huge issue.

If anything in this chapter confused you, please google it for explanations. :)

As always, thank you for reading! And for those darling people who review, thank you and I love you all so much. HUGS
Sign up to rate and review this story