Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saints Peter and Alexander

11

by KarmaKid94 0 reviews

Chapter 11

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-03-08 - 1051 words

0Unrated
Pairing: Pikey (Pete/Mikey)

Not everything went as smoothly as the collage did. Mikey spent the next three days bombarded with magazines about weddings, the TV always being tuned into "Bridezillas" when he walked into the room, ring catalogs, samplers of suits, tiny bottles of champagne everywhere he looked, little post-its saying anything from "marry me" to "I do" to "make an honest man of me, goddammit!"

Mikey had had enough. One night, he dragged Pete bodily off the bus after the others had gone to sleep and confronted him. He got right up in Pete's face and shouted at him. "WHAT PART OF 'NO' DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! DO YOU KNOW WHY YOU WANT TO MARRY ME?! BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING SCARED! YOU'RE A FUCKING WUSS, PETE! YOU WANT TO MARRY ME BECAUSE THERE'S NO ACTUAL COMMITMENT INVOLVED!" Pete glared. He'd had enough too. He shoved Mikey against the side of the bus, doing his best to hide his automatic wince at the idea of Mikey in pain. He held him there as he shouted back.

"GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL! I-LOVE-YOU! NOT A SINGLE PART OF THAT STATEMENT IS WEAK OR FALSE! I FUCKING LOVE YOU AND I WANT TO MARRY YOU, MICHAEL JAMES FUCKING WAY! THE ONLY REASON I'M FUCKING RUSHING IT IS BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE TIME TO WAIT! I WANT A CONCRETE BOND BETWEEN US, MIKEY! I WANT TO FORCE YOU TO BELIEVE, FOR ONCE IN YOUR FUCKED-UP, SELF CONSCIOUS, SELF DESTRUCTIVE LITTLE LIFE THAT SOMEONE ACTUALLY WANTS TO BE WITH YOU FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN THEIR OWN GAIN! I WANT YOU TO BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE WORTH SAVING EVEN IF NOTHING CAN! I WANT YOU TO FUCKING TRY MIKEY! IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, FOR ME! I WANT YOU TO GIVE A DAMN THAT YOU'RE DYING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO LIVE, NOT JUST SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T HAVE TO MISS YOU!" He knotted his hands in Mikey's thin t-shirt and yanked him forward, sealing their lips together fiercely, drawing blood from Mikey and sucking at it relentlessly. Mikey let out a low moan and found himself completely incapable of fighting back. Not that he'd have wanted to anyway.

"I will have you for my bride, Mikey J. It's all a matter of time." Pete muttered. Mikey shook his head.

"Why would I have to be the bride?" He asked, dazed.

"Because I pitch and you catch."

"But- But I could pitch if I wanted to!" Pete grinned.

"Exactly, the fact that you DON'T want to makes you the girl in this relationship." As they climbed back onto the bus, Mikey stated petulantly from behind him:

"Well I'm still taller." Pete smirked and stopped. Without turning around, he ended the game.

"I'm still bigger."

Pete braved the scorching Anaheim heat to find a jewelry store the next afternoon. He left with three rings and a smile on his face at how confused the jeweler was. He put the two identical ones away in his back to wait until the end of the first leg of the tour. They would take a plane from Nevada to New York and a taxi from New York to New Jersey to spend one last day with Mr. and Mrs. Way before they started the European tour. Pete thought that maybe he and Mikey would stay just a little bit longer in New York than they originally planned.

New York was a very… open-minded place. Ah yes, March 17th. A wonderful day for a wedding.

They stayed in a hotel that night. After the "festivities", Pete reached into the bedside table and pulled out the ring, slipping it on Mikey's finger without a word. Mikey refused to meet his eyes, but he didn't refuse the ring. Nor did he take it off. Pete smirked in triumph. Long after Mikey fell asleep that night, Pete stayed up and stared at the simple, thin gold band. "Mine," he thought, "all mine". He pulled Mikey closer.

If anyone noticed Mikey's new piece of "bling" as Frank would call it, they didn't comment. The thinness of the band allowed Mikey to wear it while he played as well, and none of the British tabloids seem to pay that much attention to the quiet, steady bassist when he stood next to the flamboyant, energetic frontman. Pete would be upset at how little recognition his fiancѐ got if he hadn't known how much Mikey hated the limelight. He preferred to stay in the shadows. The quiet, easily missed pulse of the set. The show couldn't go on without him. Pete got the feeling that it wouldn't.

The dying breaths of the American part of the tour brought only one incident with them, but it scared ten years off of Pete's young life. A new stage-hand had been a little overenthusiastic with the smoke machines. Mikey and Frank were supposed to stay on their side of the stage until they finished the first song "The End." so they could really get the crowd going with "Dead!"

Frank gave up halfway through and moved to stand behind Gerard and torment Bob, thinking it wouldn't get bad enough that they'd have to stop the song. He was still coughing mildly but he had no backing vocals on the first track so it didn't matter much. No one really concerned themselves with the effects until they plucked the final chords and notes to The End. and Mikey collapsed onstage. He was instantly surrounded and carried back to where the air was clearer and the fans wouldn't be able to see him.

Mikey got stage fright occasionally, and he rarely moved at all during the first song in a set. So he had no problem standing his ground despite the smoke. "There's a line between determination to follow orders and fucking stupidity, Mikey!" Pete yelled, his hands shaking. Mikey couldn't answer him. He was half-asleep with an oxygen mask on his face. He ended up being out of commission for the rest of the Oakland gig and Pete was forced to stand in for him. Jarrod took Mikey back to the bus and babysat for the rest of the night. Pete didn't completely stop shaking until he was curled up with his love, both of them safe in their bunk once more.
Sign up to rate and review this story