Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Art of Song

The Cruise

by -lIzZy- 2 reviews

The trip to Greece takes an interesting turn when...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-07-31 - Updated: 2006-07-31 - 1256 words

1Exciting
"Jay," he said, "are you alright?" he asked as his friend jumped up and dropped his wallet.
"I'm...fine," he said shakily, "I something wrong Neil?"
"No, I was just walking along minding my own business when..."
"Neil! Get to the point!" he said sounding rather defeated in an annoyed kind of way.
"What?" he said shrugging, "I just thought you could use some cheering up."
"Well that very...kind of you Neil, but I'd kind of like to be alone right now!" he answered. When he didn't seem to catch the point he sighed and motioned to the seat in front of him at the desk. "Let's hear it!"
"Let's hear what?" asked Neil taking out his mirror and fixing his hair.
"..."
"Jay?" he asked lowering the mirror. "You know, you should really think about what you're doing to the others by holding back on us," he said before raising the mirror back up.
"I beg your pardon?"
"Well I mean it's obvious you didn't tell us the whole story. Jeez, and I thought I had a short attention span."
"What do mean?"
"Listen Jay," he said throwing his hands up, "I'd love to sit here and watch you talk and feel sorry for yourself..."
"I gave him the drugs," he said suddenly.
"What?"
"I...gave him the drugs," he repeated, "he was in rehab, and I had gone to visit him. The doctors said he wasn't likely to make it through he night. When I got into the room, he asked me what was happening. After I told him he asked if I could give him one last dose that would put him out of all the pain he was suffering through." He said gazing out the window, a pained expression on his face at the moment, as if reliving the entire incident. "I looked straight into his eyes when I took the syringe he'd been hiding in his pillow, and stuck it right into his heart." Tears were now rolling down his face. "The last thing he said was that was the best thing I could of ever done for myself or him. He died in my arms."
Neil gulped. If he was expecting something it certainly wasn't this. He was trying not to look at Jay as he got up to wipe his face. With everything laid out there in the open, he watched as his leader pulled himself together and made ready to enjoy the time he had before entering back into the past he kept running away from. "Don't worry Jay," he found himself saying, "I won't say anything to the others...I promise!"

*

After a long three days and nights of hardly any rest, Jay picked himself off his bed and got ready to dock. An announcement had been made almost ten minutes ago that they'd be entering the Sea of Crete in a matter of minutes, and he knew well enough that it would take an hour tops to get to port in Piraeus. Packing all ready accounted for, he left his room only to bump into Theresa and Herry who were arguing the best flavour of Ice Cream.
"It's Vanilla!" argued Herry.
"No! Neapolitan. That way there's three flavours in one," she countered.
Jay, smiling to himself, wandered out to join them, "I see you're enjoying the last few minutes will be sharing on this ship together?" he asked.
"I was just telling Theresa here," explained Herry, "that Vanilla is not only the original and most classic flavour of Ice Cream...but the tastiest."
"And I was saying," budded in Theresa, "that it isn't."
"And you both I'm afraid," he said, pausing before he bursted out laughing, "are being incredibly silly at the moment."
Seeing their gazes meet, Herry quickly opted to leave before anything got awkward. "Rumour has it that you and Neil are quite the pair now?" she asked, and smiled as he started blushing when she grabbed his hand.
"No, he came into my room and conned the information out of a less than sensible me!" he explained. He looked at her face, knowing she didn't believe a word he said. By that point everyone knew what had happened, after learning that Neil had sold him out for cash. He sighed, he knew they'd figure it out eventually anyways. Looking down at her he really regretted not telling her first. She was so good with matters like that. It was a pity he still didn't have enough courage to ask her about the other problem that had been hounding him since setting foot on the boat...why hadn't he kissed her again?
They both walked over to the bow of the ship, standing at the rails, as the isles of Greece were coming in closer and closer. Home he thought, looking at Theresa, he knew she was thinking along the same lines as him. Smiling, he turned her around to face him, and planted a small kiss on her mouth, and watched as her beautiful green eyes glazed over, as she put an arm around his waist. That's when they heard a click behind them.
Turning around they found Atlanta, Archie, Odie, Neil, and Herry with their PMR's, snapping photographs of them.
"Gotcha!" said Odie and Atlanta at the same time, high fiving as they slowly separated to join the rest of the group.
"Very clever guys, but nothing's going on that you'd have to take out those for," explained Theresa.
"Whatever you say Theresa," said Atlanta giggling as she showed Archie an array of shots of her best friend and leader cuddling up at the bow of the ship. If only she knew, thought Theresa, of how Archie felt, knowing all to well that she'd have ample opportunities to get her best friend back, but for now...
"Looks like we'll be in soon," said Herry interrupting her thoughts.
"So where's Thess..."
"Thessaloniki?" he asked amused. "It borders the Aegean Sea, and is close to Bulgaria and Serbia and Montenegro...the Balkans."
"Right..." said Neil.

*

The ship docked in Piraeus naught fifteen minutes later. Grabbing their luggage they were greeted by a purple haired woman, with the same haircut as...
"Mom!" shouted Jay dropping his luggage, and walking over to his mother and embracing her.
"Oh Jay, I've missed you so much!" looking up she spotted his friends staring down at them and smiled, "I take it these are the friends I'll be escorting back home?" she asked with a sly smile. "Aren't you going to introduce us?"
Glancing up towards them, he tilted his head in their direction, and waited for them to make there way down. "Guys, this lovely lady, is my mother Amaryllis, and mom, this is Herry, Neil, Atlanta, Archie, Odie, and last but not least Theresa," he said pointing each one of them out. Well get your luggage we've got a fine ways to go before we get home," she whispered. Glancing back, she smiled as her son took the hand of the girl...Theresa and helped her with her luggage. This'll be fun she thought looking at them together.
"Wait a tick," said a familiar voice coming from the boat. "You're not going to leave your own Nephew behind are you auntie?"
"Oh no," whispered Jay, "Not you again."
"Good to see you to Jay," said his cousin coming into view...damn it all if it wasn't Jonathan Sandrini himself!


_________________________________________________________________


Please R&R, i need some feeback before i put anymore chapters out there. Thanx and appreciate it!
Sign up to rate and review this story