- Man, I say, let people dress the way they want. In fact, let's make clothing OPTIONAL. Those who want to frolic about in their birthday suit and those who want to dangle their tender bits freely may do so, and if any soccer mom has a problem with it, well then, get out of town because I'm the motherfucking sheriff of this goddamn WORLD goddamnit!
If I seem a bit agitated, it's because I'm stuck on this goddamn level 55 of Bubblewitch saga and it's pissing me off so much I want to take a boomerang, glue some motherfucking razorblades that were soaked in acid for two weeks on that boomerang, and fucking THROW IT goddamn bubblewitch saga pissing me off like a bitch
Author's responseGirl (or boy idk) YOU RULE RIGHT NOW.
That. That should be said to any person who doesn't allow freedom of fucking expression.
YOU IS AWESOME.
- The other 13% is reserved for the possibility that MAYBE, just MAYBE we are ALL wrong and instead of being just different genders, we are actually different species altogether, and we only THINK we are of the same species because we look alike and are compatible... sexually. Well let me tell you something! A horse and a donkey can have sexual intercourse! And do you know what the product of that magical experience is? The goddamn MULE. I mean sure, mules aren't able to reproduce themselves, I think, but the point still stands.
- Making fun of goth people is a hate crime now? Really? That honestly makes me mad, as someone has has been the victim of multiple hate crimes- I've had my house burned down, had the shit beaten out of me multiple times, and my sister was raped. Why? For being Muslim (and, in a few cases, for being half Russian).
I hate to say this, but being made fun of is kind of a fact of life. I really wish it wouldn't happen, but it does anyways because most people think they're superior.
Yea, being goth is a choice of how you express yourself. But that's it- its a choice, unlike being black, or Hispanic, or gay or transgender or anything like that.
Are there similar things for the jocks? How about the nerds? Geeks? Punks? "normal" kids?
Yes, I do realize I'm probably going to get a lot of hate- but this is my "freedom of expression" as well as "freedom of speech".
Keep in mind I'm saying this as a former goth.
- The way I see it, if it (it being in this case 'gothic', I suppose) is who you really are and what you feel comfortable identifying as, then you shouldn't let other people turn you away from it. They can't know how you feel about that certain thing, and if it's really you, I doubt it's even possible for others to change who you are. So, what's the point in letting it get to you?
But to take into account what was said in the previous comment by this lovely gentleman (I'm assuming?), gemiam, I agree with him (or her?) at least somewhat. Truth is, you're going to get hate no matter what or who you are. Be it the way you dress, your taste in music, your religion... Someone's going to hate you for it. And Sadie (I think that's what your name is, though not completely certain), I do have to say, you hate Nicki Minaj and that Bieber boy, so I can honestly say without you being able to deny it, we ALL do it. We all at least dislike some people for what they are or rather, what they CHOOSE to be.
I'm not entirely sure if I'm still making sense. It's been a long week.
And by the way, gemiam, if you happen to still come by here and read this, I am very sorry those things happened to you, and for what happened to your sister. I am so very sorry.
(Aside from that, you're half Russian? I live in Finland! I know you probably don't live in Russia but hello half-neighbor anyway!)
I am indeed a boy. I was actually about to come back and say that I highly doubt the person who wrote this has never, ever hated on or made fun of someone that was different from them. If you get hurt when someone makes fun of you, what right do you have to make fun of someone?
And hello half neighbour!
And I'm not saying you shouldn't be goth or not get hurt by what others say- that's a personal thing.
- I understand why people do it, though. You know, why different is scary. I think it's somehow hardwired into our nature, the same way as some animals do when they meet someone or something new, cautious at first, perhaps a bit scared (except for puppies, those bitches will sniff anyone's butt). And I will admit it, I have done the exact same thing, I was a bit of a bully once. Not completely intentionally, and I do feel horrible about it now, but I was very mean, and the girl it was directed towards, we talked and made up and now she's one of the best friends I've ever had.
I'm not entirely even sure what my point was.
Anywho, of course you have the right to be hurt by what people say about you and the way you are, and I hope it makes you realize how it makes others feel when you hate on them. Then maybe they'll realize the same thing, they'll stop being such bitches, and we can all love and tolerate one another and live on fields of flowers, braid each others' hair and ride off into the sunset like the magical beings we have the potential of being.
Sign up to review this story.