Categories > Original > Humor > HEY HEY WE ARE A HURRICANE

In The Heights

by atomickilljoy 3 reviews

XD

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-10 - 411 words

0Unrated
SO,
As you guys may or may not know, I'k in set design for the Spring musical, and my school is doing In The Heights.
I'm in set deign, which means I don't get home until 6, since I get out at 5.

My chorus teacher KNOWS I'm in love with the musical, and she knows how much I love it and know a lot about it. She's the one who directs the musical.
Today, she offered me a position as sound tech, since she needed someone who knew a lot about it. This means I'm in charge of tech stuff and music(yay).
This also means I have to stay until the whole cast gets out, so I don't just get out at 5 anymore. I also live an hour away. So...
Also, the play is next Friday and Saturday, so we're being pushed hard.

So, here's my work schedule now, since I'm volunteering and all for this stuff.
(And Ellie is acting like a Mama. "AJ, don't work yourself too hard". XD I love her.)


So, the play is next week.
So, since it is, we're getting everything done.
KEEP IN MIND THAT 3:00 IS BASICALLY WHEN I GET OUT OF MY LAST CLASS
I HAVE TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE AUDITORIUM
SO HERE'S MY NEW SCHEDULE, STARTING WHEN I GET OUT OF MY LAST CLASS

Monday:
Entire Cast(including sound tech and all)
3:00-7:00pm
(Except set design)

Tuesday:
3:00-9:00pm
Entire Cast, except set design
(Set design is only 3-5 on Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Sound tech is everyday, until the whole cast gets out)

Wednesday:

Entire cast, except set design,
3:00-7:00pm


Thursday:
Entire Cast, except set design(there is no set design that day)
3:00-9:00pm

Friday:
First performance, have to be there at 5:00, but I live an hour away so I don't come home until the show ends and I stay after to clean up.

Saturday:
Second/last performance, have to be there at 5:30, until show ends and I stay to clean up.

Honestly, I feel a bit proud that I am, or I feel/try to do, a lot for the show. To see your set and hear the applause for the tech stuff and music makes me feel accomplished. It makes me feel that the sleeping late and getting up at 5:30am is all worth it.
It's a wonderful thing. I love helping and working and just feeling accomplished.


Okay, bye guys! :D
Love you all.
Sign up to rate and review this story