Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Crossing of Man and the Gods

Filling in the Blanks

by Terrehbau5 5 reviews

Filler. Short. Next chapter gon' b gud.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-04-11 - 1814 words

5Insightful
Chapter 6: Filling in the Blanks

I scoffed, and folded my arms. "That's not fucking possible." I sighed. It isn't possible.

Right?

"Yes it is. Okay, take me catching onto things quickly for example. I can actually hear what's going on in your head. I can sense whatever is bothering you even if I tune out your thoughts, which I normally do because that's a huge invasion of privacy, and I respect you." He said. "I know when you're conflicted, or unsure, uneasy, happy, and everything in between."

"Prove it, tell me what I'm thinking." I said, and allowed one of my hips to pop to the side, arms still resting defiantly over my chest.

Gerard chuckled. "Butts. You literally just thought butts. Now you're internally screaming because I was right." He paused as a sly grin crept onto his cheeks. "Elevated heart rate suggests you're nervous." He said, grabbing my hand, and placing it over my heart. "Believe me yet?"

"Okay. Fine. You're good at guessing shit." I argued, running out of ways to disprove what I just saw with my very own eyes. "If you're some god by technicality, what god are you?"

"Well, I'm not God. There's one inside me." He shrugged. "But God of healing, sickness, and medicine. I can make anything happen to the human body."

"What did you do to my mother?" I asked, peeking over at her to ensure she was still sleeping.

"I cured her cancer." He nodded.

"How?"

"Spooky magic." He responded, chuckling.

"Seriously."

"I don't know, it's just an ability the God has that I also have because of the God."

"That doesn't- Do something to me."

"Like what?"

"Pick some symptoms, don't tell me what they are, I'll write down what I feel and then you can confirm." I nodded, and pulled out my cellphone and started a new note. "Okay, go."

He sighed and shaking his head he placed his right thumb on my forehead. My eyes darted upward to check for that weird black mist. Sure enough, there it fucking was. I grimaced as my head started to hurt, and my esophagus felt like it was trying to get lava down to my stomach. "O-Ow!" I yelped as my left foot tried curling into itself, cramping in the most uncomfortable way.

Gerard moved his hand away. "Write quick so I can make it go away."

I held the phone close to my face, pressing my foot hard to the ground and groaning. "Headache, foot cramps, heart burn." I typed into the keypad, and looked up at Gerard.

"Headache, heartburn, foot cramp. In that order." He stated and I nodded, flashing the phone at him quickly and grabbing his hand.

"Fix it." I whined, and he let out a small laugh, and closed his eyes, concentrating once again. I watched his arms despite my almost impaired vision and lack of being able to focus. It was actually a rather awesome spectacle, watching him become some kind of angel. The light was kind of magnificent under his smooth pale skin. The light traveled down his beautifully toned arm and as it neared my own skin I began to feel nervous. I bit my lip and closed my own eyes. I felt a slight tingling sensation up my arm moments later. I bit down harder, trying to keep my composure. Gerard placed his thumb on my forehead gently, allowing it to linger for a moment before swiping it away. "It doesn't hurt anymore." I said finally.

"I know." He giggled, pressing his lips to mine briefly before I felt the doorknob behind me move. I stepped away, pushing Gerard with me.

"Your mother is dying and you're sucking some asshole's face near her death bed?" Ryan growled after storming in.

"And you say I'm the child." I huffed, my eyes narrowing to slits as I looked the graying lawyer over.

"You obviously are. No formal education to speak of, no manners, no respect, and you're living with your sugar daddy. Just because the law says you're an adult-" He started before Gerard stepped in.

"I really don't appreciate you talking about me that way, or you talking to Frank that way. He is a human being and deserves respect. You do not earn respect by getting a college degree and you certainly do not earn it by barking at your grown son that way. His mother will be fine, you just need a little faith." He stated simply.

"You're both diluting yourself in fantasy and you look like more of an imbecile when you speak like that. The woman only has a week." Ryan hissed.

"We'll see." Gerard shrugged matter-o-factly.

"I thought you weren't going to be in the presence of my boyfriend?" I asked, wrapping an arm around Gerard's waist.

"Your behavior disgusts me, and I don't want you doing things like that in front of your mother." Ryan answered, his face still red with fury.

"Showing affection for someone I love is disgusting?" Gerard asked, his brows furrowing.

Then it hit me. It hit me like a train. A freight train at a million miles an hour slammed right into me. Showing affection for someone he loves? Gerard loves me? Could he actually love me? I looked up at the man beside me, silently pleading for answers. I know you fucking know what's going on in my head, Gerard. You know my heart is jumping out of my chest, and you can probably tell there are a million questions about what you just said tangled in my throat. Give me something, please give me something. Anything. If it was just a slip of the tongue, or you meant what you said -I'd really like to know. Gerard slipped his hand around my waist, and squeezed slightly. What're you thinking? He squeezed my waist lightly once again.

"What the fuck are you two idiots doing? You can't love each other. You are a man, and you are a man. There is no possible connection between you two so stop groping each other like perverts." Ryan snapped.

"Well," I said, and paused briefly. "We do love each other." This was directed at Ryan, though I was looking up at Gerard for confirmation. He smiled slightly and gave me a single nod. "Yes, we love each other, and mom supports us." I announced, looking Ryan dead in the face.

"Your mother won't be around for much longer to support your sick habits, so with any luck you'll stop and clean yourself up." He sighed and grunted. "I need you both out of here. I have calls to make."

-XOX-

"So I just had sex with God?" I asked as we strolled in the door.

"Not God. A God." He corrected me, tucking a strand of my air behind my ear. "I do love you. I love you very much."

"I love you too," I started and paused. "Gee."

"Gee?"

"Iunno I like Gerard but you also need a nickname. I like Gee." I smiled, took his soft hand, and led him out to his back porch. "Can I ask you some questions about this whole God thing?" I asked, sitting down on the love seat he kept under the patio roof. He nodded in response, placing his hand that was still intertwined in mine on my thigh. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I've been trying to gauge your reaction to something like that for months now. I've always wanted to tell you, because I know you're trustworthy."

"Is that why you looked really nervous?"

"Yeah, I figured you'd probably just be a little mindfucked. But there was always the chance of you running away from me, but as long as your mom didn't have to die, I figured that would be a nice thing for you. You know." He shrugged. Something was wrong with Gerard, he was very monotone.

“What’s the matter?” I asked gently, stroking the back of his hand lightly.

"Nothing really." He said, obviously not telling me the truth.

"Something is bothering you."

"Well, do you love me because you love me, do you love me because I saved your mom, do you love me because of how I saved your mom, or do you love me because of the sex?" He asked, sounding unsure as he spoke.

"I love you because I love you." I stated, my own tone growing a tad defensive. That hurt to hear, and I was a bit offended by it. "There was something that motivated me this morning, and if it wasn't love I don't think I know what love is. That was a really big step I took for you, and it was out of loving you. I wouldn't have done that with anyone else, Gerard. That was something special that I wanted to share with you."

"Sorry." He shrugged. "I don't know. I just don't want you to have only said that because it was convenient, or something. I'm worried about that, you know? I was warned people would either try and use me or people would fear me and I would lose everyone close to me. Since you stayed I remembered that and the thought kinda lingered."

I nodded, understanding but remaining mildly offended. I pecked his cheek lightly. "I still have questions." I said, squeezing his hand briefly.

"I'll answer what I can."

"Are there more gods that are also people?"

"Many. The weather was fucked up when I first met you because the girl that harbored the goddess of weather went through extreme depression and killed herself. There is one god that remains in what I guess you'd call heaven. He is pretty much every other god's father. Kinda like Zeus."

"Do they expect worship?"

"Of course not, they're down here to protect people if need be and keeping their presence a secret. If they really wanted to, they could choose to not reside in people."

"Do you have to fit a certain criteria in order to have one of the Gods inside you?" I said, snickering to myself.

"You're twelve." Gerard laughed and tapped my arm playfully. "But no, there isn't any criteria. At least I don't think there is."

"So, like, does it feel things?"

"I think so." Gerard nodded.

"Does it feel weird? To have a different soul like thing along with you own?"

"Not really." He shrugged. "It's like he's not even there sometimes."

A/N; Wanted to get something out quick. Chose to keep the story going regardless of reviews. But seriously don't be a stranger! Reviews are RIGHT below the text that you're reading and it doesn't take very long to drop a fuck you, or a good job. Whatever your opinion is. If you catch an error please feel free to correct me.

I love you.

Thank you so much for reading, friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story