Categories > Original > Romance

The Dream.

by MCR-99 4 reviews

Based off of a dream I had a few nights ago.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-04-18 - 1349 words

0Unrated
The Dream.

I walked into the main hall of school, dumping my plain black messanger bag onto the floor and sitting beside it. I took out my phone, a touch screen HUAWEI G7010, and went to the media player app. Once I got there, I went onto my playlist, entitled 'Bands', and put on Caraphernelia by Pierce The Veil. Then, as the voice of Vic Fuentes filled my ears, as well as the guitar riffs and drum beats, I pulled out my Kerrang! magazine, flicking through the pages I have already read, and looked at every picture in the magazine. I took out one headphone, hearing the background noise around me.

"Hi." I hear a voice, and look up to see a boy I've never seen before in my life. He had black hair, his fringe covering part of his eyes, and pale skin. His eyes, they were a dark colour, almost black. I looked over his uniform quickly, and noticed the scars on his arm. On his other arm, his right arm, he had wristbands. Black Veil Brides wristbands to be exact, I knew them from Grindstore.com. So, he liked Black Veil Brides. Cool, we'd be friends then.

"Do you, uh, mind if I sit here?" He asked.

"Sure, everyone does anyway, without even asking to." I move my bag to my other side, and put my magazine away, still keeping my music on. The song had switched to Bulletproof Love now, also by Pierce The Veil.

"What are you listening to?" The boy asked, and I handed him my other headphone. He put it in his ear, and I saw a smile on his face. He then gave the headphone back to me.

"You like Pierce The Veil, huh?"

"Love them." I say, feeling the inner fangirl inside of me slowly appear. "They're performing here, next month. 16th of May."

"You goin'?" The boy asked.

"Yeah, but my Mum said I had to go with someone." I say. "I got no one to go with."

"I'll go. I like Pierce The Veil." The boy smiled. "I like a lot of bands. Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, Black Veil Brides, My Chemical Romance, all those bands."

"I love those bands too. I wish I coulda seen My Chemical Romance live though, before they-"

"Broke up?" The boy cut me off. "Same, I'd kill to see them live, or even meet them."

I sat talking with this boy for a while, about bands, concerts and other stuff as well. I heard he self-harmed, trying to quit. That explained the scars. I also learned his name, it was Danny. I learned his Twitter too, and wrote it down on my arm, as well as telling him mine. Soon, I heard the bell go, and we both stood up.

"What have you got now?" Danny asked, slinging his bag, a Black Veil Brides messanger bag, over his shoulder.

"Music, room 24." I tell him. It was a Friday, period three, so that meant I had music with Ms. Stephenson.

"Same, I'll walk with you, since I don't know where the class is."

"Okay." I smile, grabbing my bag and pulling it over my shoulder, and we both set off to class.

**

"No way!" I exclaim to Danny over lunch. We were huddled around a small lunch table, sharing my headphones, and discussing which song by which band was better, both lyrically and musically. "Fallen Angels by Black Veil Brides is the best. Have you heard the riffs? And Andy's voice?"

"It's okay." Danny shrugged. "But, Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chem has the most awesome drum beats ever. Bob Bryar really pulled them off. As well as Mikey's bass, and Gerard's hard-hitting vocals."

"Fine!" I admit the defeat of this battle. "But, in my opinion, King For A Day by Pierce The Veil has the crown title of best collaboration. That, and the fact you have Kellin Quinn strutting over a fucking desk."

Danny took a long swig of his drink, an Appletizer, then spoke. "Big deal, anyone can strut over a desk."

"Yeah, but it doesn't look cool, like Kellin made it." I argue.

"Wanna bet?" Danny smiled mischeviously. He took out the headphone and rose onto the lunch table. "Play the song, aloud, and let me show ya how it's done."

I did so, playing the beginning riff and pulling out my headphones. I quickly fast-forwarded to the second part of the second chorus, and played it. Then, Danny walked across the desk, singing in time with the song, before hopping off the other end. I put my headphones back in, putting one back in my ear, and gave the other back to Danny.

"How was that?" He smiled, out of breath.

"Good, it was cool." I smiled back, nodding in approval. "Kellin would be jealous, you killed it up there."

"I've been practicing." Danny smiled, picking up his drink and taking another long swig.

**

After a few weeks or so, me and Danny became close friends. We walked with eachother each day, as Danny didn't live that far from me. He came over mine a few times, on the weekends and stuff too. We played video games, watched music videos, and basically had a lot of fun together. I started falling for him, his charm and confidence was really overwhelming, and when I was around him, I could be myself, and I liked that.

"Sadie!" Danny called me, as I was walking home one Friday. I turned around, and saw him jog his way up to me, smiling. He caught up with me, and I passed him one of my headphones, as I usually did, which he accepted, with a thanks.

"Hey." I smile, as we walked down the busy main road, behind some slow kids from school, who were in the year above. "How's it going?"

"Cool, how about you?"

"Cool as well." I say, as we continue walking. We made it to my road, and I figured Danny would continue walking, but he didn't carry on.

"No, I wanna walk you home today, we can talk some more. I wanna talk to you about something anyway."

"Okay." I smiled again, and we set off down my road. "Go ahead."

"Okay, so you know how we've been really good friends for a while.."

"Yeah?"

"And, last night, I felt butterflies in my stomach, when I started thinking about you, and stuff." That made me smile a little, knowing he felt love.

"Is that normal?" He asked.

"Yep." I nod, smiling widely, just as If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn by Sleeping With Sirens came on, playing through my headphones. As the song played, we were still walking, and Danny wrapped an arm around me. That's when I felt the butterflies, but they were flapping around stronger in my stomach than before, like they were tying my stomach in knots. We soon made it to my house, and Danny turned to me.

"Will you be my Audrey Hepburn?" He smiled.

"That depends." I smiled back. "Will you be my James Dean?"

"If I'm James Dean, you're Audrey Hepburn." He quoted the song title, and leaned in, kissing me softly. Our first kiss. I then heard the beginning of the song again.

Stay for tonight,
If you want to, I can show you,
What my dreams are made of,
As I'm dreaming of your face.

I've been away, for a long time,
Such a long time, and I miss you there.
I can't imagine being anywhere else,
I can't imagine being anywhere else but here..


The beginning of the song was louder than usual, and then I remembered to wake up.

It was all a dream.

Okay, that was a super cheesy pick up line.. but, it fitted with one of my favourite songs.
I actually had a dream, that was an actual dream. I named the guy Danny, because he looked like Danny Worsnop, lead singer of Asking Alexandria, from the music video The Final Episode.

Hoped you like the oneshot guys! xoxo Sadie
Sign up to rate and review this story