Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Don't Ever Look Back

Cross Country

by lalatherapist16 0 reviews

The small family goes looking for more survivors.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-04-21 - 1395 words

0Unrated
"Daddy. There's some in front of us." My ten year old daughter, Bandit, whispered to me from the passenger seat. "Run them down." Her voice was so calm I had to bite back a flood of anger.

I pressed the gas pedal down hard, making Mikey, Frankie and the little girls in the backseat wake up. They hit the front of the large SUV we'd 'borrowed' back in LA, flipping over the roof and falling with stomach churning thuds behind us, heads bouncing.

Frankie comforted his daughters quietly as we drove. We were headed East, hoping to run into more survivors. We'd crossed from Colorado to Kansas, heading southeast a bit, but still fleeing the sun behind us.

And, in the process of getting here, killed more zombies than I could count. "Daddy?" I looked at Bandit, seeing her mother in her face. "Are we ever gonna find anyone with a pulse?" She asked me softly.

"Sure we will baby." I kissed her forehead softly. "We have to in this state. It's got a lot of open areas for people to hide and big buildings in the cities." But, as we drove closer to the one city I could think of in the direction we were heading, I didn't see one trace of life.

Only lots of the undead. I bit the inside of my cheek and forced a smile for Bandit as I drove on. When we got to the huge city, Wichita, I saw a lot of fires and zombies, but no humans.

When I looked down at the dashboard, I saw we needed gas. Something I never liked doing. Looking for a somewhat zombie free station, I found one on the eastern side with zero zombies.

I pulled the SUV into the open area and got out, looking at Mikey and Frankie to come with me. Mikey grabbed a ball bat and Frankie grabbed a crowbar. I grabbed the tank from the trunk.

As I filled the huge red gas tank then the SUV, they watched my back and the girls in the car. Behind me, I heard one of the girls scream.

Turning around so fast it made me dizzy, I saw the onslaught of dead bodies climbing over the hood of the car. Bandit seemed calm enough, climbing into the backseat with Cherry and Lily, getting them to the floor and laying over them.

Frankie and Mikey went to town, beating a few zombies down, backing away from the swarm that pinned us to the gas lot. I felt my heart beating so fast in my chest that it felt like someone had trapped a bird inside me.

Bile creeped up my throat with every shuffle they came closer. We're going to die. Bandit and Cherry and Lily are going to be alone.

I closed my eyes and waited for the teeth to rip my skin from my bones and kill me. But it never came. Instead, I heard a joyful scream and the sound I could never forget. The sound of someone beating a zombie head in.

When I could open my eyes, I didn't believe what I saw. We were being saved by five girls, most of them looking like teenagers.

One had a bat like Mikey, only her's was made of metal. Another had a shovel with the blade sharpened, slicing off heads with a spin.

Two of the others were using what looked like some kind of hammers which looked too long. And the last was using a sword, slicing through the bodies with a horrible beauty.

And each of them were pretty in a different way. The one with the bat had her hair up in a bun so perfect she looked like she was in some kind of movie as she sent brains flying.

The one with the shovel wore a knee length skirt that spun out as she did and short hair to show her fierce eyes. The two with hammers seemed to be total opposites.

One had long blond hair pulled up in a high ponytail and sweet, big brown eyes. The other had shortly cropped boy hair and almond shaped blue eyes that twinkled with a sickening joy.

And the one with the sword wore all black, which showed off her chocolate brown hair and pale skin. She ran the one closest to me though the head and sent it flying.

As the other girls turned the last of the swarm into goo, she looked at me. Her eyes were bright with joy, which made me flinch, considering the blood that I'd just watched splatter across her face and neck.

I also noticed they were almost the exact green as mine, as Bandit's. "You guys okay?" she spoke to me, but was asking Mikey and Frankie as well. I nodded, mute with fear. "Good Come with us. We have a bit of a safe zone. You can get cleaned up and eat." Before I could answer, she was already with the other girls, laughing and giggling.

I shared a look with my brother and best friend. They both nodded and opened the doors. Lily and Cherry threw themselves at Frankie. Bandit climbed out under Mikey's arm and walked over the once again dead bodies.

"Bandit, get in the car." I grabbed after her, but she ducked. She walked up to the girl with the sword and patted her on the back to get her attention.

The Sword Girl picked her up and placed her on her hip. "Sup kiddo?" she asked. Bandit hugged her around her neck, making the girl's eyes bug. "You're gonna need a shower now silly. You just got a bunch of blood in your pretty hair." she ruffled her tangled sandy blond hair.

"Daddy, can I walk with her?" she looked back at me. The Sword Girl looked as well, her face bright. "Please?"

"I can keep her safe." she used her free hand to thumb the handle of her sword that now hung at her hip. "If you say it's okay, I'm fine with it." she smiled at me, her rose red lips parted and showed a heartbreaking smile.

"Be careful. She's all I have." I murmured. The Sword Girl smiled and set Bandit next to her on the ground, taking her hand.

"I promise nothing will touch her." she put her right hand over her chest and lowered her head. "Follow us." We got in the car as they walked over to the exit lot.

As we slowly paced behind them, they slashed through zombies like they weren't even there. Bodies fell at their feet, and they just walked on them, Bandit at the front of the pack with Sword Girl.

In the distance, I saw a towering mansion-like structure. It was surrounded by a fifteen foot fence as far as I could see, and across from where they walked, zombies shambled along like they couldn't even see or hear us.

Sword Girl slipped something through a card slot and the gate opened silently for us. They stepped aside and let me pull into the huge parking lot.

There were cars everywhere, a few covered in blood. The gate rattled shut behind us, and that noise woke the zombies behind us. They beat against the fence and rattled it, trying to climb it.

It looked like they got shocked, because they fell back down on top of the others. The girls looked calm enough, walking as if nothing had happened.

Bandit looked back from what I could see, but I couldn't see her expression. She clung to Sword Girl like she had to me when she was smaller.

But I guess that'll never happen again. Not now.










So the first chapter was bleh and now I can't stop writing it. I got inspired by Radioactive by Imagine Dragon. Well, it was by a CMV by AiAnime that was to that song.

So go check out that CMV and the cosplay group in general, they're really good. But for now on here, R+R and I will be putting a new chapter up here in a bit.

Oh, before I forget, AIDS walk was AMAZING! And I don't think I got a sunburn. THINK. But if any of you came, you must not have seen me, cause my sign is still blank.

Hugs and AXE,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story