Categories > Original > Drama > Akasaka Moon

Sunflowers

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kato tries to talk to Dr. Akai again, but to no avail.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-04-26 - 350 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sunflowers

I waited outside my Mother's bedroom. Doctor Akai walked out ten minutes later. I looked up at him after he closed the door after him.

"How is she?" I asked.

"Good," he said. "Just get her to keep taking her medication every night and she'll go back to normal. I tried to smile. He has no real idea of what her "normal" is. I thought about telling him that, but really, what would be the point? He turned to leave when I looked up at the old doctor.

"Doctor Akai," I spoke up. He looked over his shoulder.

"What is it, boy?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders. The older man breathed hard.

"Speak, boy! I haven't got all day!" he snapped. I swallowed hard and shut my eyes.

"I want to understand girls!" I blurted out. He turned and looked at me with a puzzled look.

"Is that all?" he asked.

"Yes!" I said with a red face. Doctor Akai didn't speak, but then I opened my eyes when I heard him laughing at me. His beard bounced with each laugh. I tilted my head, blinking. Juriko laughing at me was one thing, but hearing the doctor laughing at me felt wrong on so many levels.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head, smiling as he patted me on the shoulder.

"Oh, you poor kid," the doctor said. "You have a long ways to go before you can even begin to think that you understand them!" I blinked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Doctor Akai tried not to laugh at me again.

"We will have this talk again so time later," he said. "But right now, I have to go. I've got three more patients to visit today. I'll be back to check on your mother next week." That old snake just walked out the door. I blinked for what felt like the longest time in my life.

"Huh?" I asked. We never did get have that conversation. He just avoided me with work, drinking, and his studies. He knew how to avoid awkward conversations.
Sign up to rate and review this story