Categories > Original > Romance > You're Already The Voice Inside My Head

Chapter Two.

by MCR-99 1 review

Sadie begins her first proper day in America.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2013-04-26 - 1247 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two.

My alarm beeped at 6AM, and my eyes opened tiredly. Here I was, beginning my first day in America. We'd got over here late last night, though we left at 5PM yesterday. I still remember what had happened that evening, I'd gone to pick up the kids at 7, Robbie begged me not to take them, and to just move back in; that he'll change, but I had none of it. He'd cheated, when I was having his kids, and that is something you don't take back so lightly. But, back to me waking up. I shifted myself out of bed, creeping quietly from my room, and past the kids' room. The girls had got their own room, but me and Jazzy set up baby monitors in both our rooms so we could get to their room quickly in case of emergency. It was sweet that Jazzy cared about me and the kids, she really was like my sister. Once I was safely past the girls room, I made my way to the kitchen, where Jazzy was already up, making breakfast.

"Morning." I say, and she jumps slightly, turning to see me. "You're up early."

"I have work, remember?" Jazzy did the day shift at the hospital, so of course she had to be up early.

"Oh, right." I nod, sitting in one of the bar stools, where Jazzy slid a plate of toast in front of me.

"Why are you up early?" She asked, tucking into her own breakfast of waffles.

"Jogging. Remember, I'm on a excersise routine? Baby weight doesn't go overnight, you know?"

"Wel, who's gonna sit the kids?" Jazzy asked. "I gotta leave in, like, ten minutes."

"Hm, I don't know.." I trailed off.

"Unless, I could call up work, and tell them I won't be in for the day. They have enough nurses anyway, I could get Amy to cover for me." Jazzy offered.

"Aw, Jaz, you don't have to do that " I say, but she stops me.

"No, I want to." She said. "I haven't had a real day off in a few months, one day wouldn't hurt."

"Thanks, Jaz." I smile, hugging her, before cleaning my plate up, then going to get ready for my early morning jog. I started with a refreshing shower, then changed into my black tank top and red running shorts, then tying my Converse's up on my feet. I then grabbed my phone and headphones from the table, setting on some Pierce The Veil. I set it on my favourite song, Caraphernelia, which I named my child after. I made myself a promise when I was about thirteen, which was to name my children after songs by my favourite songs or covers. Now, six months after my twenty-first birthday, I had two beautiful kids, named after two great songs. Once I had prepared myself, I made my way out of Jazzy's three-bedroom apartment and out onto the busy streets of Michigan, beginning a slight jogging pace to the rhythm of the song, and I hummed the chorus to myself.

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat,
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.
And, what's so good about picking up the pieces?
None of the colours ever light up anymore in this hole.


I realised Caraphernelia had brought back some memories of the previous nights, so I switched the song to Don't Ever Forget About Me by Sleeping With Sirens, which, after some time I realised that was bringing back even more memories, so skipped that song. The gentle chords of With Ears To See And Eyes To Hear rang into my ears, and I began to walk to it. I only had the acoustic version of this song, as that was the most mellow. It's not like the other version wasn't mellow, but I prefered this version as a favourite. I made my way to the small park down Jazzy's street, and sat myself down on the bench, watching the world go by, just like the song, and then I heard a voice, which I was sure I have heard before.

"Hi, do you mind me sitting here?" I looked up into nice dark eyes, and I recognised them easily. It was the voice inside my head, my imaginary friend, who, I guess, wasn't actually imaginary after all.

"Of course." I say, realising not to spring into the conclusion that the voice in my head, my guardian angel since I was thirteen years old, was sitting right next to me in a small park in Michigan, USA. The person sat, and I got a good look at him.

He had the same hair as Danny, the voice in my head. Same black hair, neatly postitioned over his eyes, maybe going a little bit over. Same skin colour too, a pale colour, not too pale though. Same eyes, dark, maybe brown, with a hint of light brown in them. He even had the lip ring too! And the same style of clothing, black t-shirt with either a band logo or a skull and crossbones, and ripped skinny jeans with either hiker boots or worn-down Converse.

"Nice day, isn't it?" Same voice as well, it seemed.

"Yes, very." I smile, sighing at the scenery.

"Not from here, are you?" He asked.

"No, I'm from England, but I just moved here with a friend and my two kids." I say, not really looking at him, because if I did I'd end up looking at him forever.

"Nice." He smiled. "Well, I'm originally from here, born and raised."

"Cool, so you'd be like a tour guide then for those who have never been here." I say. "But, not for me, as I've been here before to visit my friend, Jazzy. Do you know her?"

"Ah, yes, Jazzy." He lit up at the sound of her name. "We have a lot of history."

"Like what, if you don't mind my asking?" I asked. Maybe he wasn't the guy in my head, as Danny never really dated anybody, from my understanding, for he wasn't real, or at least what I had thought.

"Well, we were friends back when we were both young, back in pre-school, but then we lost touch." He said, sadly.

"Oh." I say, then look at the time on my phone. I decided it wasn't fair to leave Jazzy at home with nothing to do all day, so I'd let her go to work. "I should get back, to let my friend go back to work."

I get up from the bench, picking up my water, which I'd brought with me, and go to put my music back on when the guy stops me.

"Wait, how about we get some coffee first? You could get your friend one, if you want.."

I think about it, then give my answer. "Okay, sure. But not for long."

"Sure, I know a coffee shop just down the road. Well, coffee shop and cafe, for if you want breakfast."

"You mean Mother Kelly's? I know that place." I say, and we make our way there, talking briefly while we travelled.

So, how was that chapter? Good? Bad? In Between?
Well, this fic started as a challenge, but it's getting easier now. Whilst in the bath, like 10 minutes ago, I planned out the next chapter. I will write it maybe later, or tomorrow at the latest.
Rate and Review guys! Hope you enjoyed!

xo Sadie
Sign up to rate and review this story