Categories > Original > Drama > To Be Left Behind

To Be Left Behind

by totheark 0 reviews

Following the death of Demetri's closest friend, he begins to learn whether he lost her or himself.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2013-04-29 - 266 words

0Unrated
It seems like millennia since it happens, and yet it seems like seconds. I don’t want to eat, or sleep, or do anything… I don’t want to think. I stare off into the air, devoid of thought. So full of grief and despair that I’m numb. Everything’s numb. I can’t feel anything anymore. I can’t smile… How can I enjoy life when she’s not here to smile with me? Kids shouldn’t die. I don’t even want to move anymore. How can she be gone? I just stumble through school now, and go to bed when I’m home. I don’t want to go out or hang with anyone anymore. I don’t want to think about it or anything else. Each "I'm sorry," or "It'll be okay," suffocates me. Everyone says they know how I feel but they don’t. Everyone says they’re sorry. Sorry won’t bring her back. They all just keep living and keep smiling, leaving me in the dust. She’s gone, I want to scream, I’m hurting and none of you care! I'm stuck in a room, screaming at the top of my lungs, but no one even looks up. It hurts so much that I can’t feel it, and that’s the worst pain of all.



((This story was inspired by a Youtube video and many of my own expirences. I will post the video on the last chapter to give credit to the maker, but also not spoil any of the storyline before it is read.))
Sign up to rate and review this story