Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Alone Together

by mcrobsessed99 1 review

*Frerard oneshot* After being secretly in love for many years, it's time to make a move. "My heart fluttered and I smiled at my phone. Being friends with him for so long, a text like this would be ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-05-04 - 1026 words

1Hot
I woke up that morning by a vibration.

It was 12:30. In the afternoon. Turning over, I groaned and reached over for my phone. Opening it, I saw a text from my best friend of 13 years. Gerard.

hey! come over and hang w me!

My heart fluttered and I smiled at my phone. Being friends with him for so long, a text like this would be normal. But he doesn't know I'm in love with him.

Actually, all of our friends know (except Gerard). I just told them to never tell anyone (including Gerard).

I quickly jumped out of bed, not bothering to tidy it up. I picked out an outfit of black skinnies and a Smashing Pumpkins tee, then quickly lined my eyes with red liner and smudged it perfectly. Running a hand through my hair, I messed it up perfectly. I'm too picky with how I look around Gerard.

I grabbed my phone and typed out a message for him.

just got ready. i'll be there soon

After I hit send, I slipped my phone in my pocket. Stepping down the stairs two at a time, I slipped on my shoes at the door and quickly told my mom where I was going. Not bothering to listen to her reply, I slipped out the door and started the walk to Gerard's house.

A walk I knew like the back of my hand.

I've walked this path many times, almost every day. Gerard and I have been through ups and downs. With my depression and being an only child, I was lucky to have him as a friend. Whenever I felt lonely or upset, I would just make my way to Gerard's. His family welcomed me with open arms, as did my mom with him. Both our moms were single parents, and through the course of Gerard and I being friends, our moms became friends as well. Gerard's brother, Mikey, was not usually home while I was there. Most of the time he was hanging out with his girlfriend, but Mikey was my friend as well.

The familiar sidewalk seemed to continue on forever. I hadn't seen Gerard in a couple days and I was dying to see him. Soon enough, the sidewalk turned and into another section of town. This section housed the smaller, yet homey houses where Gerard lived. Picking up my pace a little, I saw Gerard's house come into view. It was a sky blue, with a porch in the front and a balcony on the second floor. The balcony was connected to his mom's room and they didn't use it often. Walking up his driveway, the small tulips his mom kept framed the way. The tulips continued up to the stairs. Continuing up the stairs, I opened the door and didn't bother knocking. Gerard was sitting in the living room with his back to me. On the tv were cartoons. I smiled at his childishness. Looking him over before I made my way to him, I noticed what he was wearing...or more what he wasn't wearing.

His shirt was off and he was wearing black skinny jeans, like me. His black hair was tousled on his head. I bit my lip and played with the ring there. Control yourself, Frank!

Taking a deep breath, I made my way over to him. I gave a small wave and smiled at him. He turned toward me and gave me one of his killer smiles.

"Hey," he said, while still smiling. Taking the remote in his hands, he shut off the tv. He pointed to the couch. "Sit."

I smirked and sat next to him. He inched a little closer to me, which I had no problem with. Especially with his shirt off.

"Where's Mikey and your mom?" I asked.

"Oh, mom's working again, Mikey's with Kat," he shrugged.

I giggled and asked, "why is your shirt off?"

His eyed widened and he looked down. "Oh...I...sorry..." he mumbled.

Giggling yet again, I replied, "no, you're fine."

And then realizing what I said, I started to blush. He laughed his adorable laugh and moved closer to me still. "So...we need to talk," he stated seriously.

My breath caught in my chest. What had I done now? Did I borrow his eyeliner and not give it back? See his drawing before it was finished? Or...

Did he know I loved him?

He opened his mouth to speak, as if losing confidence to tell me what he wanted to say. I leaned toward him, urging him to continue on. At this point we were practically breathing on each other. I could smell the coffee on his breath.

He started to speak again.

"We've been friends for a while," he told me quietly but clearly, "and...I think I..."

Before he could finish his sentence, I closed the space between us and locked our lips into a kiss. I couldn't help myself, I could feel him smiling. But then he pulled back.

I froze, waiting for his response.

He smiled, and gave me his response. "Okay, that was amazing. How'd you know what I was going to say?"

I grinned and told him, "Because, I've loved you for so long. I never told you. But all of our friends know."

He gasped and yelled, "They knew I loved you too!"

I smirked yet again and joked, "So we would've been together by now if it wasn't for our friends who can keep secrets."

He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. "I guess so," he whispered into my ear. "But.." he continued, pulling back from me again, "we're together now..." he whispered cautiously.

My face lit up and I nodded like a bobble-head. He smiled at me and pulled me back into a kiss. We sat together like that for a few minutes before I sat back. Wrapping my arms around him, I whispered to him. "I love you Gerard."

He smiled to me and replied, "I love you too."

****************************
i have hope in this oneshot.
if i get enough reviews, i'll continue!
SO IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE, R+R!

xoxo cass
Sign up to rate and review this story