Categories > Original > Horror > The Origami Killer Returns.

Chapter Four: Does Alex Gaskarth Live Here?

by MCR-99 2 reviews

Meet the third person of our story, P.I Laurence Beveridge.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2013-05-04 - 903 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four: Does Alex Gaskarth Live Here?

At 7:30PM that night, a black sedan rolled apon the scene of a run-down hotel, not too far from the City Dump. The car door swung open, and a shined shoe, belonging to a black haired male around thirty-one in age, stepped out the car onto the rainy street. This man was none other than Private Investigator Laurence Beveridge. Laurence was an articulate man, and also asthmatic, so he had to be careful. Laurence made his way inside the hotel, known as the Hotel Of Broken Dreams, at least in his opinion. Laurence made his way up to the counter and rang the bell, and a man, about thirty in age, looked at him, jaw slicked as he flicked the pages of this magazine.

"I'm looking for a man by the name of Alex, Alex Gaskarth," Laurence began, stood up straight and tall. "Does he live here?"

"Never heard of him.." The man proved to be harder to barter with than anyone Laurence has ever met. Laurence got out a $20 note from his wallet and slid it on the counter, the man behind it accepting it.

"Oh," He lightened up his tone. "Alex Gaskarth, yes, I know him. Top floor, last door on the left."

"Thank you." Laurence sighed, looking at the run-down stairs before him. He then started to climb them.



Laurence reached the top floor soon enough, and could hear music pulsing from the last door on the left, so he knew he was in the right place. He knew Alex, he had run-ins with the law every now and again. Alex was the residential gay and straight prostitute, and has given many a blowjobs to many of Laurence's fellow officers back when he was with the force. Laurence made his way to the door that was Alex's and tapped on it, and soon enough, a man with pinkish-brownish hair appeared at the door.

"Alex Gaskarth?" Laurence asked, and Alex nodded.

"I only see clients by appointment." Alex stated, about to close the door on Laurence, if it wasn't for him holding out a 50-dollar note.

"I'll pay you." He pleaded, and Alex let him in, walking over to the king-sized bed and taking off the dressing gown that covered his naked body. Alex looked back at Laurence, who was stood by the table nervously.

"You might wanna take your clothes off, we haven't got all day."

"Oh, I'm not here by appointment, I'm not a customer." Laurence said, and Alex cursed under his breath.

"Shit, a cop." He swore. "What do you want, a freebie, is that it?" Alex sat down on the bed.

"No, I was wondering if you knew anything about the Origami Killer, the murders have sprung up yet again." Laurence slumped against the wall.

"Look, I've already told the police everything I know. My son is dead, Mr. -"

"Laurence Beveridge, Private Investigator." Laurence introduced himself.

"Mr. Beveridge, I have told the cops everything I know, and there is nothing more to add." Alex spat at him. "Now, go please."

"Okay." Laurence obliged, and place a card on the table. "But if you remember anything, the slightest detail, give me a call."

Alex never answered, and Laurence let himself out. He had barely gotten down the hallway when he began having an astma attack. Laurence dug around in his pockets, in search for his inhaler, and finally found it and gave himself those precious bursts of oxygen. He was about to leave the building, when he saw a man with spiked brown and blond hair walk past him to Alex's apartment and bang on the door. The door opened, and Alex's voice could be heard, clearly he'd been crying.

"What do you want, Jack?" He asked. "I told you, no more."

"Sorry, Alex," Jack sneered. "But I just really wanted to see ya.." With that he pushed Alex back into the room, and his scream could be heard seconds after. Laurence then strode back to Alex's room and booted the door down to see both Alex and Jack naked, Jack straddling Alex's waist. At the sound of the door breaking off it's hinges, Jack swung around to see Laurence stood in the doorway, hands balling to fists.

"What do you want, asshole?" He sneered at him, and Laurence swung at him, hitting him in the jaw, causing Jack to fall to his feet. Jack spat the blood from his mouth, and returned the hit, and Laurence dodged it. Soon, the two men were in a full-on fist fight, Jack was clearly the better man of this fight. Soon enough, Laurence came out on top, and Jack stumbled away.

"I'll see you again soon, asshole.." He muttered as he limped away, and Laurence turned his attention back to the naked man that was trembling in the corner of the room.

"Are you alright, who was that man?" Laurence asked.

"T-That was Jack B-Barakat. H-He was one of my ex-customers but w-was getting too v-violent, so I ended it and I-I guess he came back." Alex trembled.

"Well, you call me next time that happens, alright?" Laurence warned, and Alex nodded, gulping. Laurence was about to leave, when Alex called out to him.

"Mr. Beveridge?" Alex called, and Laurence turned around.

"Yes, Alex?" He responded, with a sigh.

"Thanks." Alex thanked.

"No problem." Laurence returned the favour, and left the hotel..
Sign up to rate and review this story