Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Summertime

Summertime

by PartyPoisen 1 review

Boring and lame. Rewritten Gerard daughter story.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2013-04-17 - Updated: 2013-05-07 - 2203 words

2Original
Romy ran down the school stairs to the outside of the school where her dad was supposed to pick her up. Rose was already there waiting for her with her school bag slumped down on the ground getting dirty so she could later bitch about it being dirty and Lindsey or their mother could roll their eyes and clean it to stop all the nagging.
.
"Finally Rome. I was waiting here for hours." Rose complained as she picked up her bag and swung it over her shoulder.
.
"You had cheer class. They get out only 10 minutes before drama club." Romy said sitting on the curb and picking at the grass around her.
.
"Still felt like forever. Hey you going to the dance?" Rose asked all of a sudden, jumping up.
.
"I don't know. Kevin had asked already but I don't think I am going to go cause that sucks . I hate plus it is gonna be at the school in the gym and it will smell like sweat."
.
"Ooh I am going to go. I got asked by Benjamin and he is...." .
"The biggest jerk since the douche bag since moms ex, Deacon or moms ex, Eliza?" Romy named the list of people that have treated them like crap in the past.
.
"Yeah but I am going to the dance and that is all I care about. It is so exciting isn't it?!? I texted mom already and she said that she would go to buy me a dress and you too if you are going. You should go with Kevin. He actually likes you even though I don't know how cause you are so average looking and look kinda drab."
.
Rose was the usual put up person. She had natural blonde hair and green hazel eyes with a flat chest. But her sense of style was what got everyone's attention. She had style and great color cordination. She was the better twin but she had put to much pressure on herself to be perfect and that was something both parents had worried about.
.
Romy on the other hand didn't care what she looked like. She had dark brown hair that looked black. She consistantly dress up in whatever was on her closet and never liked to put on anything designer like Ava had liked her to no matter how much she is bribed. She was laid back more and that worried Ava but not so much Gerard who thought it was okay. He was more worried about her hate for being around large crowds of people when she grew up around people.
.
"What time was dad supposed to come?" Rose asked looking down at her sister on the ground.
.
"5:30. He should be here soon. It is almost 5:26."
.
.
As on cue, Gerard pulled in the parking lot with the Mini Cooper he drove since Lindsey thought other cars weren't so safe for their 8 month old daughter, Bandit."
.
"Need a ride?" He asked jokingly as he parked and rolled the window down.
.
"Don't be so cheesy dad."Rose said hopping next to the Beezle and buckling in.
.
Bandit was now 8 months old and she was complete perfection in the families eyes anyone who seen her. She was also a perfect wrestler and had her dad's
.
"How was school?"
.
"Boring and long." Rose said before Romy could say anything.
.
"Long and boring."
.
"Your mom called me so at 6 Andy is going to pick you two up so he can take you to your moms work so you can go shopping for your dresses for the dance."
.
"I am not going to go to a stupid dance. That is just a waste of money." Romy snapped.
.
"I am going and I already have a dress picked out I seen a few weeks back and Mom had said I couldn't get it just cause I wanted it but now I have a excuse for getting it."
.
.
Gerard rolled his eyes at his two teeneaged daughters who couldn't be anymore different from one another.
.
.
"Why not go and enjoy yourself?" Gerard asked pulling up the back road that led to the house.
.
"I hate dresses and and it is a huge money spender." Romy back as she played with the radio and settling on Usher
.
"Your mom's money. It wont hurt to go to a dance or just plainly going out for once Sug. You might have the time of your life having a little fun at a party."
.
"Not going." Romy said back and plugging in her headsets.
.
"Okay so mom said I could get the dress I wanted. Oh dad you need to see it. It is so beautiful! It is like a baby pink color and the skirt has alot of poof and it has like glitter in it and the light makes it so shiny. And it comes with arm lengeth gloves. I can't wait to dress up in it and do my hair!"
.
"Dad. Are you sure she belongs to us?" Romy asked puzzled with one of the ear buds out.
.
.
Gerard only chuckled well Rose crossed her arms and pouted. He thought the same thing about both of them some times. Pushing the gate button and turning into the yard, he parked and looked over at Rome.
.
.
"I ask my self the same question about both of you girls all the time. Now inside homework and then be ready for Andy to pick you BOTH up. I know you are gonna crack and go to the dance and you can at least humor your mom."
.
.
Gerard picked up the carseat and took Bandit inside the house to get her in bed before she woke up from being moved to much. Romy had sighed and walked to her room to actually do homework. Rose on the other hand went straight to the libarary for privacy and so her dad could think that she was actually doing her work.
.
Rose liked the room best anyways cause if she went in her room she shared with Romy she would have to be quiet. Sitting on the recliner seat and sitting back she pulled out her phone and called Brittney.
.
.
"Hey Rose. What's up? I just got home." The girl said on the other line.
.
"Me too. I am bored and I need time to burn before I have to get ready to go dress shopping."
.
.
It was silent for a minute before Brittney spoke.
.
.
"How did you burn time? You can't even hold time. Or does it count when you hold a clock cause it TELLS time? I'm gonna google that."
.
.
She really was a air head but Brittney made Rose, along with everyone else in their group, feel alot smarter.
.
"You can't hold time. I am just bored. You gotta come over tomarrow. I am getting my new dress and I am sure it will be the one we had seen at the mall."
.
"I thought they all said no to it."
.
"They did but my mom said I can get it now that I am actually going some where to wear it." Rose said looking at her nails.
.
"Rose?" Gerard asked walking in the room. "I know you have homework. Off the phone and get it done."
.
.
Rose sighed but turned back to her phone tell Brittney she would call her later on. Gerard waited for her to hang up before walking away. Rose has tried the "I'll call you later cause my dad wants me to hang up so I can do my work." and he would walk out thinking she ended the call but really she waited for him to leave before continuing to talk to her friends.
.
.
"Dad, it isn't fair. I get my work done on time and have it turned in so why do I need to suffer?" Rose complained.
.
"Today you wont have time to do anything today so get it done."
.
.
.
.
Andy and Ava followed the girls around the store well Romy non challantly sighed at every dress that she looked at or that Ava showed her. Andy thought it was hilarious though to see the teenager so upset over something as small as a little dress.
.
.
"Come on Rome. You have to like something from the shelves." Ava said as she pulled out another dress for her daughter to look at.
.
"I'm not going to the dance mom and I hate bright cheery colors." Romy argued back.
.
"That black dress was not okay. It was ugly and so bland. Look at this?" She pulled out a neon yellow dress with a stripped skirt and a V neck styled front.
.
"No. Way. In. Hell." Romy crossed her arms.
.
"Mom. Romy and dresses are like dad and needles. You can't get them together, and when you do it is either by force or they have no choice cause there is no way around it." Rose said holding the dress she had been wanting for two months now.
.
"Then this is that situation. You WILL go to the dance and I will find you a date." Ava warned.
.
"Romy. I'll tell you what. If you pick a dress I will buy you that black one and every color version of it."
.
"Dad, that has like four versions and each is 150 bucks each."
.
.
Andy smiled down at his step daughter he had met when she and her twin were about four and a half. She hated his guts more than anything and him being a 20 year old at the time was beyond freaked out by the tiny lady wrestler who went red in the face and randomly cried. Rose was easier but still pretty complicated to gain her trust. Rose would cry as soon as she seen him and had to be held by her mother and refused to be put down.
.
Romy would kick and hit him and at one time pit at him but their dad had heard of that and both girls quickly stopped. Romy had learned from her father that hitting a guy in his groin was the worst thing you could do to a guy so Romy being her fathers daughter and having a bad temper led her to hit him in the crotch with a plastic bat.
.
It took them 6 months to warm up to him and when their birthday came he had them attached to him at the hip. He had bought them their own battery powered toy car and motorcycle from Toys R Us. That weekened they had spent the weekend with Ava and they stayed at his apartment with him. That was when they called him "dad"
.
.
"I dont care. Pick a dress and you can have whatever you want here." Andy said once more.
.
"That's not fair. There is so many dresses and here and she has a tantrum and gets rewarded?" Rose complained.
.
"Just this once Rosie. We spoil you quite a bit." Andy said following after Romy who zoomed off.
.
"You want to get the dress in that size? It might be a bit tight in your chest and knowing you dad he will flip. That man has always been so damn dramatic and over protective of you kids." Ava said holding the dress up to Rose.
.
"Why can't me and Romy get into acting like you? You and dad had told us that we could decide when we were older and here we are, 15 and you are still not letting us do what we want in life."
.
"You are still to young and you can still practice by joining drama club or enjoy being kids. Jonah wants to be a pizza man but me and Andy aren't gonna jump up just to get him into a job." Ava argued back.
.
.
Rose looked at herself in the body length mirror and cringed. She really shoulda done her hair.
.
.
"Jonah is 5 though and there is nothing wrong with being a pizza man. He isn't even your kid so I would not guess you would go through hoops to make his nephew happy."
.
"Okay she got a dress and the black one she wanted. Rose. There is a dress with your name on it waiting for you up front so come on." Andy said as he walked over agitated.
.
.
Looking at the outside of the store showed why. There were a few paapperatzi taking pictures of Ava and when they seen her and Andy talk to one another they started walking in signalling Rose to walk away to the otherside of the room where Romy was. Together they walked out to the food court and luckily the photographers didn't notice them. Ava being a into acting and being some what famous was good cause she made good money but on the other hand it had its downs like photographers following her.
.
.
"That was close." Rose said ordering hers and Romy's food when Andy walked up. Ava went with Romy to pick a table to sit at.
.
"You're telling me. These damn asses can't give anyone a damm break. I guess it was just good that they didn't follow you girls."
.
"So after this make up?" Rose asked hopeful.
.
.
"No. I going to get killed for your vanity."
.
Please review.
.
Sign up to rate and review this story