Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > By that Sin fell the Angels

Explanations

by triforcelord 1 review

Naruto gets some things explained to him, but in doing so new questions are raised.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Hinata,Naruto - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2013-05-13 - 3783 words

-1Predictable


By that Sin fell the Angels

A/N: Yo people! Triforcelord here with the next chapter of this story! Just to let you know, I was blown away by the response Igot to the first chapter. I mean, 35 follows in less than a week?! That's amazing for any of my stories! The only thing I was disappointed in was the review count, but this story is just for your enjoyment, and mine as well. Well, I'm not going to keep you guys waiting anymore. Here's the next chapter!

By that Sin fell the Angels Chapter 2: Explanations

When Naruto woke up, the first thing he noticed, even before he noticed his surroundings, was the intense pain in his head. It felt like he had just taken one of Sakura's more painful beatings, and she had used brass knuckles on said part of his body. Feeling around, the second thing he noticed was that he was on what felt like a hospital bed.

Naruto tried to sit up, but ended up emptying the contents of his stomach onto the floor beside his bed, which alerted the person next to him as to his current condition.

"I see you're awake." A voice from his left said.

Naruto turned to see the Third Hokage sitting across from him, looking immensely relieved at seeing that Naruto was awake.

Naruto smiled weakly and said, "Yeah, but I'm kinda wishing I'd pass back out, 'cause this sucks." He was telling the truth, too. He felt like he'd been run over by a truck. But that was weird, because the only thing he remembered doing was using that lightning bolt thing...It must have been more draining than he had thought it would be.

The Hokage smiled gently at Naruto, blowing out a cloud of smoke from his pipe as he did so. "Naruto-kun, I know you don't feel good at the moment, and I am sorry about that." He said, "But I need to know exactly what happened in there. By the time I got there, you were collapsing, Iruka was gravely injured, there was a pile of ash right in front of you, and Mizuki, who had gone into the forest, was nowhere to be seen. Also, I found you with the forbidden scroll you stole from my house /on the ground ten feet away from you. /Care to explain?" He folded his hands onto his lap, set down his pipe, and looked sternly at Naruto, who was fidgeting immensely.

Naruto knew that it was important to tell the Hokage about what had happened, but he decided that he needed to ask about something first, or else he wouldn't be able to think straight. "Um, Old Man?" Naruto said. The Hokage waved his hand as if to say, carry on. "I was wondering...How's Iruka-sensei? I mean, is-is he..." Naruto couldn't bring himself to say it. He could only look at the Hokage, hoping for a good answer to his unfinished question.

He was immensely relieved when the Hokage smiled."Do not worry, Naruto-kun." The Third said, smiling, "Iruka-san is being treated by some of our best medics as we speak. I have personally inquired about his condition, and the healers say that he should pull through, even though he will be recuperating for some time, and as such he will be pulled off the active rosters for that time."

"That's great!" Naruto said happily,"I thought he was a goner when I saw that giant ass shuriken sticking out of his back!"

The Hokage suddenly grew solemn. "And this brings us back to my question." He said, taking another puff of his pipe,"What exactly happened in there? Please, I may be able to tell you more about whatever happened, but you need to tell me the truth. The /entire /truth." The Hokage fixed Naruto with piercing eyes, making Naruto gulp.

'Okay, I should /not /try to lie to this guy.'He thought before launching into a full explanation of what had happened in the forest.

The Hokage listened intently the entire time, never interrupting and looking like he thought that whatever Naruto had to say was the most important thing in the world. When Naruto started talking about Mizuki's betrayal, the Hokage scowled. He didn't want to believe it, but it explained the giant shuriken, the pile of ash, and the extra set of footprints that he had found near the ash.

However, when Naruto got to the part about the man in the stormy plain, the Hokage was genuinely surprised. He immediately became lost in thought.

'What Naruto-kun is describing is a power I thought was completely lost. As for the man, I thought he had died long ago! Naruto-kun is showing no signs of lying, so could he possibly be telling the truth? I will have to look into this...' He thought, growing more and more perplexed the more he thought about it. He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't notice that Naruto had finished until Naruto was forced to punch him in the face, after clearing his throat, pretending to die, and the Sexy Jutsu hadn't worked.

"Huh...Oh right! I'm sorry, Naruto-kun. Please forgive an old man for becoming lost in his thoughts." The Third Hokage said, smiling and bowing slightly.

Naruto was wringing his hand. 'What is this guy's face made of?' Naruto thought in wonder, then he grinned back at the Hokage."Nah, it's alright, Old Man." He said, "I guess I can't blame you if you're going senile."

The Hokage straightened up indignantly. "I am not going senile!" He said, affronted. "One hundred and thirteen years is not nearly enough to make me senile! I am offended at the mere notion!Senile is for the oh look a butterfly!" He soon became entranced with the butterfly, clapping his hands like a child.

Naruto sweatdropped. 'He's even older than I thought he was!' He thought, alarmed, 'Shouldn't he be retired by now?!'

The Hokage cleared his throat, becoming serious once again as the butterfly flew out the window. "Now, Naruto-kun," He began, "I am sorry that you learned about the Kyuubi this way, but you would have learned sometime or another." He saw Naruto wince at the reminder of the demon, but remarkably the boy stayed quiet. Sarutobi continued."But that is in the past. Now, onto the matter of this "stormy guy" as you called him. This is a matter which intrigues me deeply."

'The great and powerful Hokage is intrigued by me?' Said the amused-sounding voice in Naruto's head, who had stayed quiet up until now. 'I am honored.'

Naruto jumped. "Who the hell said that?!" He yelled, looking around.

The Hokage was unnerved by this strange behavior."What's the matter, Naruto-kun?" He asked, concerned.

Naruto looked to be a strange mix of pissed off and scared. "There's a fucking voice in my head!" He said, looking like he was more pissed off now than anything else. The Hokage, on the other hand, looked to be completely calm.

His inside self, however, was a different matter.'Has he...finally gone over the deep end?' He thought to himself, then shook his head. If Naruto hadn't gone insane yet, then it was highly unlikely that he would just go off the high dive now.

"Naruto-kun," The Third said gently,"What exactly did the voice say?"

Naruto stopped his mental tirade and said,"Well, all it said was that it was honored that you were intrigued by it."

'I resent being an it.' The voice said again.

"There it goes again!" Naruto said, looking around like he would find the perpetrator somewhere in the hospital room.

Inside the Third Hokage's brain, metaphorical gears were turning. 'Hmm... I said I was intrigued by this "stormy guy", so that must mean...Gah, I feel like such an idiot now! How could I have not seen this sooner!'

"Naruto-kun?" The Hokage said, coming out of his reverie. Naruto stopped trying to get out of bed and looked at him."If I am correct, I think that I know who this "voice" really is.

Naruto looked at him excitedly. "Really?" He said, "Who is it?"

Sarutobi mentally kicked himself at his previous choice of words. "Well, I do not know, exactly who the person is." He said, wincing at Naruto's quick drop in mood. "However, what I do know is that the voice is actually the "stormy guy", as you call him." Again, Sarutobi mentally kicked himself at his stupidity. (A/N: I am doing the same thing at how unnatural this sounds...)

Naruto's expression became normal once again."Well, that's better than knowing nothing." He said, "I just wish he I could get revenge on him somehow for freaking me out..."

(Insert line here)

In a stormy plain, a man suddenly shivered with sudden fear.

'Why do I feel like I'm going to be pranked into oblivion in the near future?' he thought, then he just shrugged it off as him being paranoid as he went back to meditating on his mountain.

(Insert line here)

Back in Konoha, Sarutobi silently agreed with Naruto's notion, but decided to not say anything about it so Naruto didn't think that revenge was always the answer...Although sometimes it was a very good morale booster.

He also didn't want to increase the blonde boy's already vengeful personality. He would have to arrest himself for contributing to decreasing the public's safety.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Sarutobi decided to wrap this meeting up. "Naruto-kun," He said, "I will do more research on this matter. In the meantime, I want you to live your life as you normally do. And before I leave, I have one last thing to give to you." He fished around in the folds of his robes for a few seconds.."Where is it...I know I put it somewhere in here...Ah ha! Here, Naruto-kun. Iruka-san wanted me to give this to you." He finished pulling the object out, and Naruto nearly cried tears of joy.

It was Iruka's headband. Naruto reached out for it with trembling fingers, and quickly took it from the Hokage, immediately taking his goggles off and wrapping it around his forehead. He looked at himself in the mirror across from his bed, admiring the shine that was still on the well-worn headband. Seemingly Iruka took very good care of his badge of office. Naruto made a resolution to do the same.

"Th-Thank you, Old Man." Naruto said, holding back tears.

"It was no problem." The Third Hokage said, smiling. "Iruka-san wanted me to give this to you, just in case he...well, you know." Sarutobi didn't think it was wise to finish the sentence.

Naruto immediately got out of bed, ignoring the nausea, and struck a pose in front of the mirror. "Yeah, I'm Naruto Uzumaki, future Hokage and ninja! FEAR MY AWESOMENESS!" He yelled, causing the Third Hokage to rub his ears.

"I am glad to see that you are very...enthusiastic now." Sarutobi said, "Now the only thing left for you to deal with is the annoying voice in your head!" He joked.

Instantly, Naruto heard the voice speak in his head.'I'm not going to let that one slide.' The voice growled, clearly annoyed, 'Tell him that if he doesn't shut up, I will tell Tsunade that he was peeking at the women's hot springs. Don't question it, he'll know what I'm talking about.'

A confused Naruto relayed the message, and the reaction was immediate. Sarutobi Hiruzen, the Monkey Summoner, the God of Shinobi, and the Third Hokage, quickly turned white as a ghost and stuttered like Hinata did whenever she was around Naruto.

"Umm, n-no, that won't be n-necessary." The Third said, clearly scared, "I-I have to leave now, because I have some...important research! Yes, I have to go do some very, very important research now, and I must leave immediately. Goodbye, Naruto!" And Sarutobi quickly jumped out the window and sprinted down the street towards the Hokage mansion. Passerby could've sworn they heard their leader saying something that sounded suspiciously like, "I'll just say Jiraiya put me up to it, yes, that should work..."

Naruto sweatdropped and decided to go get some breakfast. After getting dressed in his normal clothes and grabbing his goggles, he walked down to the reception area and walked straight out the door, noticing the receptionist glaring holes in his back the entire time.

'Well, at least I know why they all hate me now.'Naruto thought, ignoring all of the glares that were being directed at him.

Finally, he reached the place that was in his personal opinion one of the small bits of heaven that Kami had left on the world of shinobi: Ichiraku Ramen.

Right when he sat down, the owner of the store, Teuchi Ichiraku, turned to Naruto with a smile on his face. "Ah, if it isn't our favorite customer, Naruto!" He said, grinning widely, "What can I get you today?"

"The usual." Naruto said, grinning. It was then that Teuchi noticed the headband on Naruto's forehead.

"Hey, Ayame-chan! Get out here!" Teuchi yelled. A pretty girl with long brown hair and a rather generous bosom walked out of the back.

"Yeah, what is it oto-chan?" The girl asked, then saw Naruto.

"Oh, hi Naruto!" Ayame said, wondering why her dad had called her out here. She then noticed the headband on Naruto's forehead.

Ayame squealed like a little girl and picked up avery surprised and freaked out Naruto, hugging him tightly and squashing him between her surprisingly large breasts.

"That's great, Naruto-kun!" Ayame squealed, unaware of the suffering that Naruto was currently going through."I'm so happy that you finally graduated!"

Suddenly she heard a mumbling from her chest area. She looked down and immediately let go of him, a slight blush on her face.

"What did you say?" Ayame said, embarrassed.

Naruto was busy taking deep breaths, and when he could breathe easily again, he glared at Ayame. "I said "let go"!" Naruto said, "Were you /trying /to suffocate me, Ayame-nee-chan?"

Ayame blushed some more. "N-No! I was just giving you a hug!" Ayame then smirked and decided to mess with him alittle bit. "And anyway, you know you liked it."

This caused Naruto to start spluttering and Teuchi to start laughing uproariously. "And anyway," Ayame said, starting to make Naruto's ramen, "when you find a girl that you /do /like, trust me, you're going to want that." She laughed at the expression on Naruto's face and began to heat the noodles.

When the meal was cooked, Ayame brought it to Naruto with a flourish. After she had walked to the back, Teuchi leaned in and said,"This meals on me tonight, got it Naruto?" He said, smiling,"Think of it as a graduation present, and a way of saying I'm sorry for Ayame-chan's...behavior. Eat as much as you want. It's on the house!"

Naruto was not one to turn down free ramen, especially free /Ichiraku /ramen, so he took Teuchi's words to heart. By the time he was done, he had eaten ten large bowls full of hot, steaming ramen, and only stopped then because Teuchi said that if he ate anymore, he was going to set his daughter on him. Naruto quickly thanked him for the meal and left, leaving a smirking Teuchi to laugh at Naruto's new fear of his daughter.

As Naruto started heading home, he realized too late that perhaps ramen wasn't the best food to eat when one had nausea and was concentrating on not emptying his lunch on random passerby. Now that he thought about it, Naruto was starting to like that idea more and more as said potential targets glared daggers at him.

When Naruto reached his apartment complex, he climbed the stairs to reach his own apartment, unlocked the door, and made abeeline for his room. Even though it was still morning, Naruto decided that he was too tired to care at the moment.

'To hell with my sleeping schedule.' Naruto thought, curling up in bed with all of his clothes on and quickly falling asleep.

(Insert line here)

In Naruto's dream, he was back at the stormy plain. The lightning still flashed, the thunder still rumbled, and Naruto was still getting soaked. And standing on the same rock that he had been standing on the last time Naruto had seen him was the "stormy guy" himself.

"Welcome back." The man said, looking directly at Naruto.

Naruto looked around, then looked back at the man with annoyance. "What the hell do /you /want, Stormy Guy?"

Naruto could've sworn that the man pinched the bridge of his nose. "I am tempted to just tell you my name, just so Ican be rid of the name "stormy guy" forever." The man sighed, "But I cannot tell you my real name, for reasons that you shall not know just yet. However, you may call me Suikiba, just so I may be rid of the name "Stormy Guy"."

"Fine, fine, Suikiba, or whatever." Naruto said, annoyed, "Now tell me what the hell I'm doing here before I...uhh, kick you off that rock!"

Naruto was surprised to hear the man laugh. "Oh, that's a good one." Suikiba said, wiping his eyes, "Like you could ever land a blow on me. But since you're so insistent, I will tell you why you're here."

There was a pause. "Well, get on with it already!" Naruto yelled.

Suikiba sighed. "Some people just don't care about dramatics." He muttered. "Very well then. I shall tell you. You are here because-" Here he took a dramatic pause, and Naruto's urge to kill him rose, "I am going to train you."

That got Naruto's attention. "Y-You're going to train me?" He said, surprised.

Suikiba nodded. "Yes, I shall train you. However, since I'm going to be training you in your sleep time, there are some...drawbacks."

"What are they?" Naruto asked skeptically.

"For one, when you train in here during your sleep time, it takes time out of your actual rest." Suikiba explained,"So I wouldn't recommend training here for more than six hours a night. Secondly, any physical training you do in here will not transfer over to your actual body, at least in terms of muscle mass. However, your chakra reserves will increase, as will your control, and any skill you gain in here will transfer over to your body. In short, any new skill or skills you gain here will transfer over, as will your chakra reserves and control."

Naruto nodded. He was starting to consider this guy's training, but he wanted more information before he made a final decision."Well, let's say I accept." Naruto said, "What will you be training me in?"

Naruto could practically hear the grin in Suikiba's voice. "Well, first off," He said, "We need to work on your reserves and control. Your reserves are at a pretty high level, but still not high enough to use my abilities without collapsing, which is what happened last time we tried it." Naruto winced at the reminder, and Suikiba continued, "However, to be frank, your chakra control is at the level of a first-year academy student. It is rather pitiful. So, to begin, we will start with your chakra control."

Naruto, while annoyed at the control remark, was seriously considering Suikiba's offer. On one hand, he would be losing sleep time. But on the other, he would be getting training that would make him abetter ninja. If he took this training, it might be one step closer to becoming Hokage...

"Alright, I accept!" Naruto said, grinning, "But this better be some damn good training."

Suikiba chuckled. "You have no idea what you're getting yourself into." He said, then grew serious. "Okay, first lesson. You have to balance this leaf-" He twirled his fingers and a leaf appeared, which he threw to Naruto, who caught it. "-On your forehead, using only chakra."

Naruto just stared at Suikiba dumbly. "On my forehead...With chakra?" He questioned.

Suikiba sighed. "Yes, on your forehead with chakra only." He said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Umm, how do I do that?" Naruto asked, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

Suikiba pinched the bridge of his nose harder. 'Is this kid an idiot?' He thought to himself, before answering. "All you have to do is concentrate chakra to your forehead, and that will make the leaf stick." He explained. But then, an idea struck him. "Actually, I have a better idea. I will teach you a jutsu that will allow you to train faster, and also be a terror on the battlefield." He said.

Naruto's interest was instantly piqued at the thought of a new jutsu. "What's this amazing sounding jutsu?" He asked excitedly.

Suikiba smirked before answering. "The Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. It allows you to create several clones of yourself to allow you to attack in groups. However, there is a feature of the jutsu that not many know about.This feature is that whenever a clone is dispelled, all of the memories and experience that the clone had will come back to you."

Seeing Naruto's blank look, he elaborated further."When training, if you use several shadow clones and dispel them, you will gain all of the knowledge and experience they collected, allowing you to train at a much faster pace than if you were just training on your own."

Naruto instantly grew excited. "This jutsu sounds awesome!" He said, ecstatic, "I wanna learn it now!"

Suikiba huffed. "It's nowhere near as awesome as my own style of clone." He said, "My clones can take more hits than a shadow clone can, and give your enemies a nasty surprise when they're forcibly dispelled. The only reason why I'm not teaching you is because you don't have enough chakra yet to create even one useful one, so I'm going to teach you the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu."

Naruto wasn't deterred. "Still, that's what this training's for, right?" He said, grinning, "So let's get to it!"

Suikiba smirked. "Very well." He said, "Let's begin."

A/N: Okay, I'm sorry for the short chapter, but Ipromise the next one will be a lot longer. I just couldn't figure out a way to extend the chapter without going into what I wanted to be in the next chapter, so I had to stick with a shorter chapter. Sorry. But anyway, reviews are appreciated. Triforcelord, out!



Sign up to rate and review this story