Categories > Original > Drama

Collide With The Sky

by BipolarUnicorn 1 review

The patients roamed the hall at night, even when they're dead. ~Very very loosely based off Collide With The Sky album by Pierce The Veil.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-05-15 - Updated: 2013-05-15 - 1350 words

0Unrated
May These Nosies Startle You In Your Sleep Tonight & Hell Above


"You can't just build walls up to keep people out! It's not helping you!" He screeched in her face. She didn't answer, just stood with a blank look on her face.

"You can't just run away from your fears! You can't run away from me." He yelled, whispering the last part softly, eyes watering.

"Watch me." She muttered, rushing out the door and down the pathway. Screams telling her to get back here came from the door step, but she just sped her pace up until she was in a full sprint. As soon as she was far enough from her house she slowed herself into a steady pace.

The sun was setting soon, and she had just gotten to the bad part of town. Graffiti covered the buildings, windows were boarded. Few people littered the street and sidewalk. She passed by a guy who was playing a Spanish guitar, he grinned at her showing what few teeth he had.

"You better get home little girl, they come out at night." He chuckled darkly, then resume playing lightly.

Walking further, the guitar melody soon faded to a slow whisper. The wind carried the sound until she stopped in front of an old abandoned building. An old sign hung about the door, it read Sunny Side Home for the Mentally Insane. All movement and sounds had stopped. The crumbling structure stood on its last remaining lifelines.

Roughly throwing the doors open, she stepped in to be met by rustic smell in the air. The temperature had dropped dramatically, the sun had just set. She wrapped her thin arms around her slim frame, and walked through the narrow corridors.

The floor was rotting, a grotesque mold was decaying the wood. Paint on the walls were peeling. The walls had slight cracks in them, from the small earthquakes that usually occur in Los Angeles. Every step she took, the floor boards creaked. The lack of carpet made it hard to be quiet. She stepped carefully through the hallways. The doors were metal, thick and heavy. Little bars were put in the windows at the top of the doors. She stood on her toes and looked through the bars. Like they say, white everything. The walls still showed there old white appearance that had yellowed over time. The bed that sat in the corner was covered with white sheets. A broken, bruised dresser sat in the middle of the room, pieces scattered throughout the room. The next room she peeked into, a chill shot down her spine. A noose hung from the ceiling with a chair tipped over on the floor. A body hung limp in the rope. She examined over it, it was wearing a dress, bloody a tore. She heaved open the door to get a closer look. When she looked at the face, it replicated hers. Her eyes blew wide in shock and she slowly backed out of the room. The head looked up.

"Come back here and help me." The cold blue lips pleaded.

She hastily closed the door and pressed her back onto another door across the wall. Hands reached out the window and grabbed at her. They pulled at her hair and her shirt. One got a grip in her, but she got out of the hold. Out of the walls and bars hands stuck out reaching for her. Running through the corridor, hands grazed her ever so slightly. The girl ran through the hands, not wanting a hand to hook on her. She cut the corner, not even risking a glance back.

Continuing on she into any other rooms in case of more strange occurrences. The building came a little more eerie each step she took. Her paranoia grew.

A gust of wind brought a melody that it carried in the air. A Spanish guitar played once again, softly but soon grew louder. The man from earlier turned the corner just a few feet away from her. The tune sped up and he looked at her.

He sang, "Can't spend another night in this home." He grinned, slowly fading back into the dark. "They're coming." A whisper came through the darkness. At these moments you would wish you could see in the dark. No light source left the halls pitch black.

Muffled screams could be heard from everywhere. Gurneys rushing past her, in and out of rooms. Patients struggling against the straps and clawing at their skin trying to get out. Lightning struck, lightning up rooms scaring the easily startled. Thunder boomed causing little ones to cry. Times and dates were yelled, signaling the dead. Panic and chaos died down in her eyes, leaving her standing at the end of the empty, crumbling corridor.

She glided her hand against the wall for a way to get through without running into anything. The concrete wall was cold, which made it feel damp. Going into a different corridor, lanterns on the ceiling. She walked through it quickly, beginning to look for a map and a way out. She turned another corner that led to dark hallway.

She stopped all movement when a crash came from behind her. The lanterns casted shadows on the wall. Tall men with trench coats, trudged along. Big heavy boots that dragged down the corridor. She was halfway down the corridor when they turned the corner. The middle one lifted in arm and pointed. The two men beside him ran ahead, right or the girl. She broke off into a run, she could hear the boots behind her. Running up a few sets of stairs, she ran through a door that read Roof Access. Authorized Personal Only. The door flew open and she was met by a cold gust of wind and rain drops pelleting her bare skin.

Her legs felt colder than before, looking down her jeans and sweater had been replaced with a hospital gown. Panicking she saw the men enter the roof, she backed up to the farthest corner of the roof. She looked over the edge to find nothing but waves crashing into the rocks below. The men blocked her escape and pushed her to the edge. Quickly surveying her possible exits, she squandered up a plan. Hastily the men went to grab her, but she dodged the attempts and made her way back to the roof access door.

The stairs seemed to become steeper and steeper each step. She tripped over her own feet a couple times trying to speed up and escape the tormented, abused home.

Reaching the last case of stairs she jumped off the last step sending herself tumbling to the ground. The double hospital doors sat at the end of the hallway with light peeking through the small windows. She picked herself up off the ground and bounded towards the door. Letting her arms push the doors open sending them flying open then quickly shut.

Heads snapped in her direction. A fire burned in the middle of the room. Patients wearing hospital gowns and nurses wearing scrubs surrounded the flame. The fabric the clothed them were torn and ripped. Holes showed gushing cuts and giant bruises. Disturbing homemade masks, covering their face, no that you'd want to see what lies underneath.

Trying to escape the way she came, she spun around on her heel to meet the men blocked her escape this time. She was grabbed by the arms and pulled over to the center. Laid and strapped to a hospital gurney, she battled against the straps they secured tightly around her. All of her effort had drained and she suddenly became tired and weak.

Nothing but masks covered her vision and left eyes clouded with tears. Anxiety taking over quickly, darkness consumed her and she slipped into an unconscious state.

~Very, very loosely based of Collide With The Sky album from Pierce The Veil. This is the first two songs, what I got out it when I listened to it. So if you like this and want me to keep going, rate and review :3
Sign up to rate and review this story