Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Five Swordsmen

Introduction

by Kyleson 0 reviews

.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-08-02 - Updated: 2006-08-03 - 305 words

1Exciting
Introduction

Imagine if you will, a sword that has no handle. This type of sword is known as an /Infinity Blade/, and there is only one in existence, it has its own mind, and chooses its own wielder. This blade is known as The Blade of Hope.

The Blade of Hope is a four foot blade that cut anything, with any side, like a fencing saber, but a lot deadlier. Its chosen wielder holds it like a staff and the wielded alone chooses what it can cut and what it can't. Once the blade has a wielder, it no longer possesses a mind, and cannot control the actions of the wielder.


There is, however, a catch.

The sword's name is a misnomer; The Blade of Hope is a cursed sword. Its wielder is damned to a fate worse than death. Thus, the blade's wielder has come to know the blade as Kill Switch.

Kill Switch damns the wielder to an existence where the is no life or death. The wielder cannot eat, can't drink, can't sleep, mate, have any feelings or even die. The wielder would eventually become a hideous immortal creature of hell, and the blade would look for another wielder.

But that isn't always the way.

Sometimes a wielder comes; one with a strong enough will and heart to embark on a quest with four other swordsmen to free himself from the horrible existence.

This quest is dangerous, and always ends in sorrow, but no man had ever completed the quest, so nobody knows for certain how it ends.

This is the story of the one man who completed the quest, and freed himself from the horrible existence he was damned to.

This is the story of the Five Swordsmen.

This is the story of Godwin Erich, the chosen wielder of Kill Switch.
Sign up to rate and review this story