Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > What Goes Around

6

by PrisonRiot 0 reviews

Chapter 6

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2013-05-17 - 1509 words

0Unrated
Sorry this is taking me a while, my exams are pretty intense so updates are going to be few and far between. Thank you to everyone reading/reviewing/rating :* xx

*

Gerard woke up the next morning in his own bed. He hadn’t known Frank for long, but he still missed the warmth that he had felt when he had woken up next to him. He sighed and stretched out, rubbing his face. He sat up and let the sheets drape around his waist. Sunday. He could do anything that he wanted to do.

He got up slowly and showered, letting the water wash over his body. He wrapped a towel around his waist and shook his head, water droplets flying everywhere. He tidied up his apartment for a bit but ended up staring at the crumpled up letter that he had received from his brother a few days ago. He sighed at read it over again, desperately wanting to reply and tell him not to worry and that he was still alive. But he couldn’t. He couldn’t.

He didn’t have much to do, so he managed to set up a spare canvas and started painting. He could at least forget everything going on right now - his relationship status with Frank, his brother writing to him.

*

Gerard had to be at the club earlier than usual on Monday as there was a free bar shift that he could take, and it wasn’t too much work to serve people for a few hours with pretty decent pay. He phoned Frank on Sunday and they spoke for an hour, with Gerard finding out that Frank had a gig which was two hour’s drive away on Monday evening, so it wasn’t like he had anything better to do anyway. He shimmed into a pair of jeans and a small white t shirt so that he could change after the shift for his stripping shift.

He arrived at six to help open up, switching on the lights and kicking the dish washer until it finally opened. He reached up to the very highest cabinets to replace the bottles of spirits and greeted the other bartender, Joe, when he arrived at seven to open the club at eight. It did feel nice to be in the club and not having to strip, though he knew in the back of his mind that it was only the case for a few hours.

A crowd of people burst in when the club opened, and none of them recognised Gerard behind the counter, so he wasn’t hassled that much. No one was particularly rude and he was able to work in peace (well, minus the thumping music and flashing lights and jeers as men on the stage began to dance enticingly for the crowd).

At half nine, Gerard felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist and lift him up off the floor, making his t shirt ride up and expose his flat stomach. He laughed as he wriggled in the grasp.

“Hey, Charlie.” He smiled, kissing his jawline. Charlie squeezed him around his middle and let go of him.

“Hey, Gee.” He grinned. “When does your shift end? I’m on at ten so I need to start getting ready.”

“Ten thirty. I’m on straight after you, I think.” Gerard said, fixing Charlie a double vodka and coke. “So I’ll need to start getting ready then.”

“Thanks, Babe.” Charlie said, knocking it back and wiping his mouth. “You doing anything after? My ex invited me to this party and I want to make an appearance to show him that I’m totally fucking over him but I need some moral support.”


Gerard laughed. “Sounds good. I’m totally free.”

“And on the way over you can tell me all about your new boyfriend.” He said, waggling his eyebrows. “See you later, Hun.”

“Bye.” Gerard laughed, pushing him out the bar area.

*

It was one in the morning and the party was getting louder and more raucous by the minute, with furniture being knocked over and alcohol being produced and then disappearing. Gerard had lost Charlie for a half hour, only to find him hooking up with his ex in the corner of the kitchen. Gerard would have tried to prise them off each other, but to get to them he would have to climb over everyone else making out in the kitchen. Whatever. He’d tease Charlie about it tomorrow.

He wandered back into the living room, where most of the party was going on. Everyone was yelling and whooping and jumping and dancing, and Gerard would have felt sick if he hadn’t had taken a few oxy tablets and far too many shots. He ended up dancing up against some guy at least a foot taller than him, who was holding him by the waist and laughing loudly, not being subtle at all.

“I can give you fifty bucks if you blow me in the bathroom.” The guys said loudly, grinding up against Gerard. Gerard was high enough to not feel disgusted with himself for saying yes. So he ended up in the bathroom of the host’s house at two in the morning, the door only partially locked, on his knees, deep throating a stranger. When he was finished, the man shoved two twenty dollar notes and a ten dollar note at Gerard and then shoved him over as he left the bathroom.

Gerard curled up, come still on his face, and fell asleep in the bathroom at half two, after having vomited into the toilet bowl.

*

He woke up again to the feeling of someone jabbing him sharply in the back. He whined and rolled over to see Charlie standing above him. Gerard rubbed his face and felt immediately disgusted, sitting up and groaning.

“I was going to take off now. You coming, Hun?” He asked, watching Gerard with concern. Gerard nodded slowly, gripping onto the toilet to help him stand up without swaying.

“Yeah.” Gerard’s voice cracked and he winced. “I’m - yeah, I’m coming.”

“You alright, Babe?” Charlie asked, frowning and holding Gerard’s elbow to steady him. Gerard nodded again and closed his eyes for a few seconds.

“Let’s go.” He muttered. Charlie let them out quietly and they walked back, bumping shoulders every so often. Gerard could tell that it was pretty early as there was a weak light cast around, the sort that could either come from the sun or the moon.

“So, your ex then?” Gerard started casually. Charlie smiled to himself.

“Yeah.” He hummed, looking pleased. Gerard raised his eyebrows.

“Seriously?” He asked as Charlie led them down a backstreet.

“He’s hot!” Charlie defended. Gerard would have agreed with him, but he hadn’t really been able to get a clear view of his face due to the fact that Charlie was attached to it for most of the night. “So, did anything else happen while I was occupied?”

Gerard shrugged. “I don’t know. I don’t remember too much. A lot of furniture got ruined, I think. It was a pretty good party.”

“Shame your boyfriend wasn’t here.” Charlie commented. Gerard gave a neutral hum and fiddled with the zip on his jacket. “Where was he?”

“Playing a concert somewhere in Jersey.” Gerard said, slipping a pack of cigarettes out his pocket and lighting one. “He’s back today. May try and see him later.”

Charlie took a cigarette from Gerard. “You might want to clean your face first.”

Gerard winced as he relived the feeling of what was on his face. “Yeah.” He said, trying not to sound guilty. There was an uncomfortable lapse in conversation.

“Was it a drunk hook up or-”

“Fifty bucks.” Gerard said quickly, taking a drag from the cigarette. Charlie clicked his tongue.

“I’m not lecturing you!” Charlie defended, cigarette hanging out his mouth with his arms raised. Gerard managed to relax his shoulders.

“Sorry.” Gerard mumbled, smoke tumbling form his lips. Charlie smiled weakly at him and reached out to squeeze his wrist briefly.

“You don’t I know care about that.” Charlie said, inhaling from the cigarette. “You just need to be careful. Everyone there yesterday was completely fucked up. Four people asked me if I wanted to go shoot up heroin, Gerard. You could have gotten hurt.”

“I’m not a child.” Gerard muttered, throwing his cigarette onto the ground and stamping the ember out.

Charlie looked conflicted but then sighed. “I know. Just- just be careful, Babe. Seriously.”

Gerard looked at him and nodded. “I am.”

Charlie smiled at him. “See you later, Hun. And for the love of God, take a shower.”

Gerard laughed and stepped forward into his hug, wrapping his arms around Charlie’s neck and letting Charlie squeeze him around his middle.

“Bye!” Gerard called as they parted ways, lighting up another cigarette and running a hand through his hair tiredly.

*
Sign up to rate and review this story