Categories > Original > Poetry

I'm a Monster

by IsolabellaFae 1 review

Category: Poetry - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-06-10 - 320 words

1Moving
He didn't like you because you were fat.
He wouldn't talk to be because you were shy.
He laughed at you because you were afraid.
She saved you from the hateful looks.
She showed you what love should feel like.
She made you love yourself.
And you threw it away.
You were afraid to hurt her.
You didn't want her to hate you.
You pushed her slowly away from you.
You did the things to her that made you cry yourself to sleep to night and you didn't even realize it.
Who's the monster now.
She misses you.
She still loves you.
But you're still afraid, aren't you.
So you avoid all contact, making her think you hate her when in reality she's all that has ever mattered to you.
You know what the right thing to do is.
But you can't do it.
Why?
You would rather hurt her for a second than put her through the hell anyone who has to be with you will go through.
You would rather stay with the men who will and have hurt you so much than admit to yourself you deserve more.
It's easier for you to find another boyfriend and act happy like you're over it in hopes she can either hate you to get over it or forget you so she doesn't miss you.
You want to take all her pain away and make her as happy as possible.
You don't realize you're the only thing that will ever make her truly smile again.
You wonder if you should go back to her.
But how could you hurt the people you have come to care about to pour salt in the wounds of another in hopes that you can make things better. But you can't. You've already done too much.
Should you learn to leave well enough alone or will you go back after the love of your life?
Sign up to rate and review this story