Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Ae you Afraid of The Dark?

Chapter 1

by BlueViolet_Mourning 0 reviews

Brianna is terrified of the dark, or is it whats inside? She'll have to ask the Doctor to get some answers. Rated PG-13 because i'm cautious.

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Published: 2013-07-03 - Updated: 2013-07-04 - 831 words

0Unrated
Brianna stared hard into the shadows, her eyes wide and unblinking. The full moon shone through her flimsy white curtains, creating a patch of white light on the soft black carpet, carefully decorated with tiny silver stars. She curled up tighter under her Blue Moon bedcovers, her heart pounding. Then she heard it. A soft, faint choking sound coming from downsairs. Her body prickled, her fingers grasped her pillow as she continued to stare at the dark wall, her houghts rushing back and forth like angry bees. Then the sound came again, louder, as if it was right outside the bedroom door. Mustering up as much courage as she could manage, Brianna grabbed a torch from the bedside table and flicked it on. She waited for a few moments before pushing the bedcovers back and padding across the room in a thin, skimpy black nightdress. She hadn't thought to grab her dressing gown, she shivered, but continued to the door. Brianna swallowed the anxious lump in her throat, pushing her dark hair out of her eyes, which were a bright, secretive green. She reached out with a pale, spectral hand, and her fingers touched the cold metal door handle. The sound continued, becoming fainter, as if whatever it was had moved away from the door. Brianna held the torch in front of her, ready to swing at whatever came at her. She inched the door open, pushing her head round and staring onto the dark landing. Nothing. Just my stupid imagintion. Brianna thought crossly, almost sniggering at the thought of herself being so scared of the dark. She was about to turn and close the door behind her, when there was a loud, pained scream. Brianna screamed too, dropping the torch in her shock. She stared down the stairs, hearing the pounding of feet, and a voice cry out.
'Pick up the torch! Don't let the Darkness get you!' Brianna fell to her knees and began feeling around on the floor, and her hand brushed againt hot plastic. She picked the torch up and flicked it back on, and there was a tall, slender figure standing on the staircase, also holding a torch.
'What was that?' Brianna asked. 'Who are you?'
'It's ok, calm down.' the figure soothed. 'You're not hurt, are you?'
'I'm-I'm fine.' Brianna shook her head. 'Who are you?' The figure lowered the torch, and so did Brianna. Standing in front of her was a mysterious, handsome looking man, with messy dark hair and sparkling brown eyes.
'just call me the Doctor.' he grinned resuuringly, and Brianna felt her terror melting away.
'I'm Brianna Morgan.' she said, then she frowned. 'The Doctor? What sort of name is that? And how did you get in?'
'What sort of name? What do you mean by that?' The Doctor frowned. 'Its my name.'
'How did you get in?!' Brianna repeated, quickly losing patience. The Doctor huffed as if it was obvious.
'Well, duh, I came in through the door, as you do with every house.' he rolled his eyes. 'I mean, you don't climb through the windown, do ya?'
'What the hell are you doing here?!' Now she wasn't scared, she was angry. 'I could have you done for Breaking and Entering!'
'No! No, please, I'm here to help you.' The Doctor held up his hands in surrender. 'You don't know whats in this house, but it's dangerous, it's trying to kill you.'
'What is?!' Brianna yelled. 'You're not making any sense!' The Doctor regarded her for a moment.
'The Vashta Nerada.' he said, very solemly. Brianna started laughing.
'You're crazy!' she cried. 'I'm calling the police!' she pushed past him as she ran down the stairs, and she literally threw herself at the phone. The she stopped and looked around. The she screamed.
She'd found the half eaten bodies of her parents.

Still standing on the stairs, the Doctor sighed.
'Nobody listens to me.' he muttered. 'Then they go and scare themselves, I don't know why I bother.' he went down the stairs and into the front room, where Brianna was sitting on the floor, her chin on her knees, staring at the blood splattered wall.
'Brianna...?' he crept towards her. 'Brianna, what happened?'
'My...parents.' she whispered. Then she started to quietly cry.
'What happened to them?' he asked gently. 'Where are they?' She didn't answer, but she started trembling violently. The Doctor looked over her shoulder and saw Brianna's parents, dismembered, mutilated.
'Oh my god.' he put his arms around her and held her. She stiffened, but she buried her face in his shoulder and sobbed.
'I'm sorry, Brianna.' he said softly. 'I'm sorry.'
'They're dead.' Brianna whispered, looking up at him. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she passed out.
Sign up to rate and review this story